Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns for DeShone Kizer, picks

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Hundley was not nearly as bad as you make him out to be. He'll certainly get a second backup contract. Kellen Clemens, Derek Anderson, Weeden, Geno Smith, I could go on and on. Hundley is better than those guys, he'll play 10+ years in this league as a backup. His chances to ever be a starting QB like he probably hoped are on life support though.

Minus one game (and color me skeptical because I think his performance against Pit was due more to poor defense than anything), Hundley is as bad as I make him out to be. We can't ignore his games against NO, Min (2x), Det (2x), balt and TB.

He's not even going to last his 1st contract but he'll get a second one? Eh...maybe as a 3rd stringer.

15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its not my own belief. I'm restating old comments. 

But then... anybody would jump at multiple firsts for their backup QB. I think people were still "high" off Hundley's preseason performances though and that's why they made such comments... most were probably joking though. You'd know better than I would since you see it more often.

I don't see Mike Glennon being much of a comparison because he actually did start and we saw what he was capable of when it mattered. Hundley at the time attempted like 10 passes in his career all in garbage time.

No you're not.  You're creating some fantasy land that never existed.  If you can find a SINGLE Packers poster who said they wouldn't accept multiple 1st round picks in return for Brett Hundley, we can have a legitimate discussion.  Until then, this is another example of your inability to separate your dislike for the Packers from actually using logic to create an argument.

And nobody is denying that most Packers fans were probably irrationally high on Brett Hundley.  But let's not pretend like it was without very legitimate reason.  Up until that point, he had played at a really high level even if it was against backups in preseason.  And you say the Mike Glennon comparison doesn't make sense, but the reality is that he provides upside at QB play.  That same offseason, Brian Hoyer and Josh McCown earned $6M/year on their most recent contract and they're career journeymen.  It's not illogical to think that Brett Hundley's next contract wouldn't be somewhere in between the two, probably closer to Mike Glennon given the sheer amount of upside.  There

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Minus one game (and color me skeptical because I think his performance against Pit was due more to poor defense than anything), Hundley is as bad as I make him out to be. We can't ignore his games against NO, Min (2x), Det (2x), balt and TB.

He's not even going to last his 1st contract but he'll get a second one? Eh...maybe as a 3rd stringer.

Depends on which Brett Hundley is the real Brett Hundley.  If it's the home Brett Hundley who played at home, he will be out of the league in a few years.  If its the road Brett Hundley, he's not a bad QB and will certainly get another QB.  My guess is some team is willing to gamble on his upside.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No you're not.  You're creating some fantasy land that never existed.  If you can find a SINGLE Packers poster who said they wouldn't accept multiple 1st round picks in return for Brett Hundley, we can have a legitimate discussion.  Until then, this is another example of your inability to separate your dislike for the Packers from actually using logic to create an argument.

And nobody is denying that most Packers fans were probably irrationally high on Brett Hundley.  But let's not pretend like it was without very legitimate reason.  Up until that point, he had played at a really high level even if it was against backups in preseason.  And you say the Mike Glennon comparison doesn't make sense, but the reality is that he provides upside at QB play.  That same offseason, Brian Hoyer and Josh McCown earned $6M/year on their most recent contract and they're career journeymen.  It's not illogical to think that Brett Hundley's next contract wouldn't be somewhere in between the two, probably closer to Mike Glennon given the sheer amount of upside.  There

It's not a dislike. The argument was they'd only accept multiple 1sts for him in a desperate situation. That was the argument.

You've flipped it to "who wouldn't accept multiple firsts for him?" If a team inquired about Hundley, and TT said we need at least 2 1sts to even consider it, the caller would hang up laughing. They're desperate for a QB, not a specific QB. There is a difference.

for an established player, that's fine, but its silly to use for BH. Maybe they were just being silly in the first place?

All of those guys had played meaningful snaps though. That has to be relevant to gauge a team's interest. That's probably even true for the Kizer trade that your team just completed Upside and perceived potential only get you so far. So there!

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

It's not a dislike. The argument was they'd only accept multiple 1sts for him in a desperate situation. That was the argument.

You've flipped it to "who wouldn't accept multiple firsts for him?" If a team inquired about Hundley, and TT said we need at least 2 1sts to even consider it, the caller would hang up laughing. They're desperate for a QB, not a specific QB. There is a difference.

for an established player, that's fine, but its silly to use for BH. Maybe they were just being silly in the first place?

All of those guys had played meaningful snaps though. That has to be relevant to gauge a team's interest. That's probably even true for the Kizer trade that your team just completed Upside and perceived potential only get you so far. So there!

No.  You made the argument that Packers' fans wanted multiple 1st round picks to move Brett Hundley, and that is patently false.  You made a statement that nobody made, and now you're retracting rather than admitting you were wrong.  The discussion was made at what point do the Packers feel it's worth moving on from Brett Hundley.  Most felt that if a team was willing to offer a 1st round pick, a deal would get done.  If it was a 2nd round pick, it probably would ultimately get done but the Packers would have to weigh how much going with a bigger unknown at backup QB would risk against the pick value.  As you move further away from the 1st round, it begins to get easier to hold onto Hundley.

31 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Wrong again. The Browns were 26th in the league in drop/pass, Louis was T-26th in the league with 6, Njoku T-100(3 drops) and wasn't even 2nd on the team, Coleman was with 4. Talk about blanketed statements, would you like to go for 0-3? 

This is another example of someone trying to throw the rest of the team under the bus just to prop up their favorite QB.

Lmao ok bro, Re-watch the Colts game, Louis had 6 drops alone. Plus Ill find you the stat I saw and provide you the info. There were way more drops than that and any Browns fan can attest to that. And once again you are wrong, I have no dog in the fight anymore, Kizer isn't my favorite QB. I just provided Packers fans with an unbiased/down the middle assessment of him without any snark.

36 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I can ignore both games against Minnesota, he had no offensive players. Same with Detroit.

The others are legit. He's not going to get cut though.

36 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  You made the argument that Packers' fans wanted multiple 1st round picks to move Brett Hundley, and that is patently false.  You made a statement that nobody made, and now you're retracting rather than admitting you were wrong.  The discussion was made at what point do the Packers feel it's worth moving on from Brett Hundley.  Most felt that if a team was willing to offer a 1st round pick, a deal would get done.  If it was a 2nd round pick, it probably would ultimately get done but the Packers would have to weigh how much going with a bigger unknown at backup QB would risk against the pick value.  As you move further away from the 1st round, it begins to get easier to hold onto Hundley.

Go read the GB rivals talk thread from 2016 then. Its there, but I'm not bringing it up because thats  detracts from the topic at hand.

29 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Go read the GB rivals talk thread from 2016 then. Its there, but I'm not bringing it up because thats  detracts from the topic at hand.

I feel like detracting has nothing to do with it. And it just doesn't exist or you don't want to be bothered to find it (or it was obvious sarcasm). 

You brought it up. If you were Sooooo worried about going off topic why did you say it then...

Eyeroll.gif

There's a very obvious reason you won't say who said it...

39 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I feel like detracting has nothing to do with it. And it just doesn't exist or you don't want to be bothered to find it (or it was obvious sarcasm). 

You brought it up. If you were Sooooo worried about going off topic why did you say it then...

Eyeroll.gif

There's a very obvious reason you won't say who said it...

you're right. I'm looking through your old TIRT threads and I can't find the posts from August of 2016. It jumps from May 2016 to December of 2017 (They H8 us-Little Brothers) So I'm out. You win.

I know you said you didn't like the trade, but at least the Packers move up in the 4th and 5th. So that's fun, right? haha

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

you're right. I'm looking through your old TIRT threads and I can't find the posts from August of 2016. It jumps from May 2016 to December of 2017 (They H8 us-Little Brothers) So I'm out. You win.

I know you said you didn't like the trade, but at least the Packers move up in the 4th and 5th. So that's fun, right? haha

I guess. Lol... I'm intrigued by Kizer. It'll be interesting. I would have rather had straight draft stuff or a person I thought could help next year. That's where I'm at with it. I think some fans are giving it a pass just because they're happy we are going to be more active. Me too. Just didn't like this one.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:07 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Aaron Rodgers in a Chicago Bears uniform

With Kizer and Hundley, could it be true?!?

nah but seriously, is Aaron Rodgers open to working with his backups? Favre didn't seem interested in helping him so I wasn't sure if he felt the same way.

Angelo picked Cedric f*****g Benson instead of him.

y6O0w.gif

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Lmao ok bro, Re-watch the Colts game, Louis had 6 drops alone. Plus Ill find you the stat I saw and provide you the info. There were way more drops than that and any Browns fan can attest to that. And once again you are wrong, I have no dog in the fight anymore, Kizer isn't my favorite QB. I just provided Packers fans with an unbiased/down the middle assessment of him without any snark.

deeperdigging.gif?resize=480,350&ssl=1

The Browns had a total of 4 drops in that game. Louis was targeted 6 times and had 2 drops, not 6 (although I tried to advocate for 3 charted which was questionable but lost that argument). The other 2 came from Devalve and Britt. You can't blame the receivers when the ball is thrown behind them on a post at lazer speed (like Kizer did all season). Nor can you blame a WR for making a good defensive play. 

(I will admit to making a small error in my post after checking . It wasn't Njoku that was second on the team, it was Britt with 5.

0-4. Do you just make up stuff like this all the time?

Archived