Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

14 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I worded that poorly though and was too lazy to fix it. He was a clown that day, you could say he gave up. But he played his tail off after. And played much better. But if the locker room said no more unanimously... It has to be done. 

In that game I was thinking to myself if this fiasco is the end of Randall I'll be fine with it since the guy wasn't playing much better than the rest of them the past few seasons. But then he played much better after that  comparable to his rookie season and I gave him a second chance heading to the next season. The guy would be fine in the slot if we got another boundary corner in my eyes. I truely believe at the end of the day it had to be because of something inside the building, not his play. 

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah, if you got the backing of Daniels I don't have a problem with your attitude. Whoever is on the other side of that fence bothers me.

Daniels seems to be open to... IDK the word I'm looking for. He's kinda crazy lol. So he might be more open to Randall's emotions and the things he may have said or did. But I thought I'd post that anyways.

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah, if you got the backing of Daniels I don't have a problem with your attitude. Whoever is on the other side of that fence bothers me.

Eh just because he was friends with Daniels doesn't do anything for me. The guy clearly needed to be coddled, I don't have any issue if there were guys in the locker room who felt it was getting old.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I don't think there's much to read into it either, I just don't think he was universally hated in the locker room which forced us to move him. 

Nope.  It's also not like John Dorsey is gonna trade for a player who he knows is an absolute cancer when he has Ali Highsmith and Eliot Wolf feeding him the GB intel.

Reading the tea leaves this is a Mac drawing a line in the sand decision.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

I don't think there's much to read into it either, I just don't think he was universally hated in the locker room which forced us to move him. 

I can't tell where I land on this. I get the impression, long before he was traded, that he had a pretty atypical personality for an early pick. You have him leaving the stadium, if that was true. Feel like couple other times he had been called out for not taking coaching. I feel like Mike likely was tired of it. But I bet there were guys that thought we were better off without that attitude too. Maybe the new DC even heard what went down and thought that wouldn't fly with him. And if a few guys, even if some like him, want him gone... It's not hard to get to where we're at.

Ill weigh in on this.

I like Kizer. Plenty of rumors the front office liked him last year. Pretty obvious that was Gute now. I think he would be my #3 rated QB in the draft this year had he stayed in school. He has all the tools. 

I think people would actually be more accepting of the trade had it just been a swap of picks than with Kizer involved. I feel like people would say "Well it's obvious they just wanted him out." rather than focusing on the return. 

The Daniels tweet has me a little confused. There's rumors veteran players wanted him gone. Daniels is really the only guy on defense who should have any say. The only other veteran who might catch an ear is CMIII. If CMIII has anybody's ear after he's spent the last 4 years robbing us with his play while collecting his pay that's a scary thought.

I totally understand getting rid of him if the front office thinks his attitude outweighs his play which isn't too much of a stretch but I'm a bit confused about the rumors of the dissension in the ranks now.

Hoping we add Prince and Claiborne in FA and add a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I can't tell where I land on this. I get the impression, long before he was traded, that he had a pretty atypical personality for an early pick. You have him leaving the stadium, if that was true. Feel like couple other times he had been called out for not taking coaching. I feel like Mike likely was tired of it. But I bet there were guys that thought we were better off without that attitude too. Maybe the new DC even heard what went down and thought that wouldn't fly with him. And if a few guys, even if some like him, want him gone... It's not hard to get to where we're at.

If I'm Mac I don't take any of our secondary guys opinion into much consideration because I don't know how many will be here in a few years either. It seemed to me, a guy on the outside watching guys interact with each other, that there weren't too many people who despised him enough to get him shipped out.

I've also never had one word with Damarious so if Mike thought it was the best route, whatever, I'm cool with it. 

19 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Ill weigh in on this.

I like Kizer. Plenty of rumors the front office liked him last year. Pretty obvious that was Gute now. I think he would be my #3 rated QB in the draft this year had he stayed in school. He has all the tools. 

I think people would actually be more accepting of the trade had it just been a swap of picks than with Kizer involved. I feel like people would say "Well it's obvious they just wanted him out." rather than focusing on the return. 

The Daniels tweet has me a little confused. There's rumors veteran players wanted him gone. Daniels is really the only guy on defense who should have any say. The only other veteran who might catch an ear is CMIII. If CMIII has anybody's ear after he's spent the last 4 years robbing us with his play while collecting his pay that's a scary thought.

I totally understand getting rid of him if the front office thinks his attitude outweighs his play which isn't too much of a stretch but I'm a bit confused about the rumors of the dissension in the ranks now.

Hoping we add Prince and Claiborne in FA and add a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the draft. 

I totally understand your logic with leaving Kizer out but if all we got was that same pick swap... If it was a bit better... Otherwise I'd be pissed

Yeah maybe they just wanted him out, and I'm just an idiot with internet access but it just feels like they could have gotten something else that would help earlier. But if they were super high on the kid, then I suppose they viewed that as best.

Archived