Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I feel stupid that I hardly ever noticed him chewing gum.

Glad you said that Norm.  I hardly noticed either.  Furthermore, I can’t even believe how many folks got incensed by it.  Big effin deal that he chews gum. The sh!t people worry about astounds me.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Glad you said that Norm.  I hardly noticed either.  Furthermore, I can’t even believe how many folks got incensed by it.  Big effin deal that he chews gum. The sh!t people worry about astounds me.

Like worrying about what worries people...just astounding

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Like worrying about what worries people...just astounding

Worrying about something is vastly different than being astounded by it.  I see you were one of the fine folks bothered by his chewing - why?  What difference does it make?  

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Worrying about something is vastly different than being astounded by it.  I see you were one of the fine folks bothered by his chewing - why?  What difference does it make?  

Did I say I was bothered by it?   I noticed it....far from being bothered by it.

Was more bothered by his actual play.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Was more bothered by his actual play.

As should you.  A lot of folks spent more time blathering on about his gum chewing than his play.  Guess that was befuddling to me.  Maybe his poor play just exacerbated folks frustration with him, and they started disliking everything about him?

9 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

As should you.  A lot of folks spent more time blathering on about his gum chewing than his play.  Guess that was befuddling to me.  Maybe his poor play just exacerbated folks frustration with him, and they started disliking everything about him?

I tend to think that's how it works. You don't like the guy because he's not what you want him to be so you joke around and pick on other stuff.

I don't really care there but I just never seem to notice it.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Kizer posted 8 games below 60 passer rating.  On the season Kizer finished at 60.5 passer rating.  Produced 4 games over 80 passer rating, never breaking 100.

Both Hundley and Kizer were bad at QB in 2017.

I don't like Kizer either, I wasn't arguing for either one, just trying to state how "shaky" Hundley was. I also acknowledge he had a couple great games so I'm not completely dismissing him either. I guess Kizer has more of an excuse though being a rookie in a very bad situation but none of the two give me much confidence tbh.

The guy had 8TDs and 5INTs in games he started up until we went full tank mode, and more 2 rushing TDs. 

People were like "we need a vet QB like Derek Anderson or Kellen Clemens" those guys are 1:1 ratio guys, worse than Hundley lol.

It's bad enough that Packer fans are legit spoiled for QB play, but then Nick Foles and Case Keenum had to go play out of their mind as backups this year too.

Newsflash for everyone, what you witnessed this year was normal NFL backup QB play from Brett Hundley. 

I was away from my computer for a couple days and missed out on all the fun--76 pages worth!--but I just want to say that like many others here, I found this trade to be a head scratcher, to put it mildly. Randall is a starter who played pretty well during the final three-fourths of the season. Kizer is a backup who is coming off a terrible year. It's interesting how this thread has turned into another Hundley thread. I guess that's because nobody is confident that Kizer will be an upgrade over Hundley. My worry about the Hundley thing is that McCarthy lost perspective, and this trade makes me even more worried, especially considering the new power-sharing arrangement. If they get some more CB talent at a reasonable price, this deal could prove to be a positive in the end, but it's not a very promising first step. 

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Newsflash for everyone, what you witnessed this year was normal NFL backup QB play from Brett Hundley. 

I think theres better backup play available than what Hundley produced. Now - thats said with no consideration of contracts, salaries and such. Just considering on the field performance.

He was a *third year guy* that looked as shaky and unsure of himself as a first year rookie. I expected more and I'm no hardass when it comes to player performance.

There's Veteran backups available that have lived thru the Rookie jitters - who know which end of the football to point forward - and can do it with greater confidence than Hundley evidenced.

Will forth year Hundley be that Veteran backup thats put the jitters behind him? Could very well be - nobody can say - but somebody with the GBPs has a "prove it to me" attitude - which I think is proper at this stage.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think theres better backup play available than what Hundley produced. Now - thats said with no consideration of contracts, salaries and such. Just considering on the field performance.

He was a *third year guy* that looked as shaky and unsure of himself as a first year rookie. I expected more and I'm no hardass when it comes to player performance.

There's Veteran backups available that have lived thru the Rookie jitters - who know which end of the football to point forward - and can do it with greater confidence than Hundley evidenced.

Will forth year Hundley be that Veteran backup thats put the jitters behind him? Could very well be - nobody can say - but somebody with the GBPs has a "prove it to me" attitude - which I think is proper at this stage.

So, does GB cut Callahan now?  Will GB only keep two QB’s on the roster, and let camp sort out who the second QB is?  Interesting questions ahead.  If for whatever reason GB decides to keep Hundley only, it will make the DR trade less palatable.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

So, does GB cut Callahan now?  Will GB only keep two QB’s on the roster, and let camp sort out who the second QB is?  Interesting questions ahead.  If for whatever reason GB decides to keep Hundley only, it will make the DR trade less palatable.

Hell, I might advocate keeping 3 just to give Kizer one year here if that ended up being the case. I think BH gets ditched for like a 7th or pick swap though.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I dont think the "keep Hundley only" option is on the agenda.

It'll depend on how the QBs perform in OTAs, TC and PS. I doubt severely Kizer gets cut. He'd have to really blow it out for them to outright walk from him - and be back to Hundley/Callahan.

IMO of course.

Archived