Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

20 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Ill weigh in on this.

I like Kizer. Plenty of rumors the front office liked him last year. Pretty obvious that was Gute now. I think he would be my #3 rated QB in the draft this year had he stayed in school. He has all the tools. 

I think people would actually be more accepting of the trade had it just been a swap of picks than with Kizer involved. I feel like people would say "Well it's obvious they just wanted him out." rather than focusing on the return. 

The Daniels tweet has me a little confused. There's rumors veteran players wanted him gone. Daniels is really the only guy on defense who should have any say. The only other veteran who might catch an ear is CMIII. If CMIII has anybody's ear after he's spent the last 4 years robbing us with his play while collecting his pay that's a scary thought.

I totally understand getting rid of him if the front office thinks his attitude outweighs his play which isn't too much of a stretch but I'm a bit confused about the rumors of the dissension in the ranks now.

Hoping we add Prince and Claiborne in FA and add a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the draft. 

Robbing us? Please. 

It doesn't matter if any given player has a bad year, the vets opinions matter. 

If you've ever been on a sports team or even in an office setting you know how one attitude can effect a group. You can also wish the person the best of luck even if you weren't a fan of them in the locker room. The Daniels post shows me more about the leader he is than anything to do with Randall. Doesn't make you a bad person either, but it's pretty clear a majority of our front office, coaches and players felt we were better off without Damarious.

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Robbing us? Please. 

If you've ever been on a sports team or even in an office setting you know how one attitude can effect a group. You can also wish the person the best of luck even if you weren't a fan of them in the locker room. The Daniels post shows me more about the leader he is than anything to do with Randall. Doesn't make you a bad person either, but it's pretty clear a majority of our front office, coaches and players felt we were better off without Damarious.

Conjecture! Umm Filibuster!

Besides that the majority of coaches or front office left would only have to be a grand total of like 3 people.. I'll buy it being Mac's decision. I really won't buy that the MAJORITY of players had any say about what happened to Randall.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Conjecture! Umm Filibuster!

Besides that the majority of coaches or front office left would only have to be a grand total of like 3 people.. I'll buy it being Mac's decision. I really won't buy that the MAJORITY of players had any say about what happened to Randall.

They have a group of veterans that speak to the coaches on behave of the players. From the articles written it seems like it was this “council” of veterans that went to McCarthy.

Its only clear that Rodgers is on that council. I get the feeling Dix is too. It my not be a majority but I think it’s like policing themselves. Key franchise players didn’t like it, is the feeling I got.

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

They have a group of veterans that speak to the coaches on behave of the players. From the articles written it seems like it was this “council” of veterans that went to McCarthy.

Its only clear that Rodgers is on that council. I get the feeling Dix is too. It my not be a majority but I think it’s like policing themselves. Key franchise players didn’t like it, is the feeling I got.

Links? I've never seen any Council of Elrond style articles declaring Randall must be thrown into the pit of fire in Cleveland.

I have seen Dix complain. I don't care if Dix complains.

57 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Robbing us? Please. 

Hindsight being 50/50 there's no way you can look back on CMIII's contract and say he's played up to it. You just can't. He signed an elite contract and his play hasn't been anywhere near elite. Not even sure how that could be debated now. 

I don't even disagree that there is or was a clear majority of players, coaches, and front office that think we are better without him. I don't even disagree about that opinion. The only thing I feel confused about is that the only opinion in the defensive locker room that I'd personally pay attention to is Daniels'. Doesn't seem like he was the player behind it. Who else could it be then if the rumors are indeed true? Burnett and CMIII are the only ones who make any sense. Burnett is/was soon to be a FA so it seems unlikely his opinion would hold/holds much weight. 

If the rumors are true and a veteran  "We want DR gone" campaign was led the only logical options to lead that are those three guys. Daniel's apparently likes the guy and Burnett seemingly would have little say. What other logical conclusion can you come to?

IMO if (and again they are rumors so we don't know) there was a veteran led "we want DR gone" campaign CMIII is the only possible leader and I personally wouldn't give him my ear. Maybe he has somebody's ear. Maybe the rumors aren't true and it has nothing to do with anything. Just spitballing because I assumed Daniels was the only possible person to lead that charge IMO  and it seems unlikely it was him based on the latest tweet.

Edit: Perhaps as others suggested HHCD could be the leader of it but I see zero reason he would have anybody's ear either.

I think, not to speak for him, wasn't that he was taking the side that he's played to his contract. But that he was robbing us. My thought would be there's a difference between underplaying your deal and "robbing" the team.

And yeah if this whole veteran thing is true, and I tend to think it is to some degree, you have to do something. But Daniels seemed to like him. Or maybe he's just being a supportive guy. Who knows...

38 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Links? I've never seen any Council of Elrond style articles declaring Randall must be thrown into the pit of fire in Cleveland.

I have seen Dix complain. I don't care if Dix complains.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/43983/brett-hundley-has-competition-packers-cornerback-room-has-holes-after-trade

“There was strong sentiment in the locker room at that time to give Randall the boot -- sources said McCarthy's committee of veteran players suggested that Randall be released -- but the Packers stood by him.“

McCarthy also talks in press conferences about how they have a council of veterans that he does normal check ins with. Again from talks I can only put together Rodgers and Dix are on it. I’m going to guess Bakh and probably Burnett are too.

I don’t think Clay is... he has never been spoken about as a “leader” more of a guy that just is a professional and does his job.

* edit: remember it was Bakh that basically called out Bennett for quitting on the team to the media. So I think he is one on the council/committee.

25 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Edit: Perhaps as others suggested HHCD could be the leader of it but I see zero reason he would have anybody's ear either.

I take it you didn’t see McCarthy’s season ending press conference? He basically threw his hat into Dix’s corner saying amazingly positive things about how he is trying to be a leader, but is frustrated.

My take... Dix’s drop in play (by his likely POV) comes from having to cover up bad corner play. He got frustrated and likely saw Randall as a problem, not a solution.

It likely explains his frustration and his down play. Not justifing that position mind you. But it makes a lot of sense. But it’s just my read on the situation, no source or article... just align all the bread crumbs.

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I take it you didn’t see McCarthy’s season ending press conference? He basically threw his hat into Dix’s corner saying amazingly positive things about how he is trying to be a leader, but is frustrated.

My take... Dix’s drop in play (by his likely POV) comes from having to cover up bad corner play. He got frustrated and likely saw Randall as a problem, not a solution.

It likely explains his frustration and his down play. Not justifing that position mind you. But it makes a lot of sense. But it’s just my read on the situation, no source or article... just align all the bread crumbs.

I did not see that. Thanks for pointing it out. It  makes sense. I just wouldn't naturally think of someone on their rookie contract as a vet but with "all the info" its definitively plausable. I could definitely see the front office/coaches siding with HHCD if there was an issue between the two and I'd probably agree with that stance. 

Just for the record.... I'm 100% not backing DR in any of this. Im not particularly sad to see him go. I was just confused because Daniels seemed like the only logical player to me to have enough say and it doesn't seem like he was behind any of it. HHCD is an option I wasn't considering and it does make sense. 

6 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I did not see that. Thanks for pointing it out. It  makes sense. I just wouldn't naturally think of someone on their rookie contract as a vet but with "all the info" its definitively plausable. I could definitely see the front office/coaches siding with HHCD if there was an issue between the two and I'd probably agree with that stance. 

Just for the record.... I'm 100% not backing DR in any of this. Im not particularly sad to see him go. I was just confused because Daniels seemed like the only logical player to me to have enough say and it doesn't seem like he was behind any of it. HHCD is an option I wasn't considering and it does make sense. 

I hear ya. I think it was a lot of things. I think the Bennett situation played into too. Was just a weird year, locker room, etc.

either way it seems Pettine, Gute and McCarthy want “long corners”, Randall isn’t that, heck outside of King the whole room isn’t that. If they are interested in Johnson and Cro as rumored, makes me think Jackson and Oliver are likely high on our draft board too.

And James only because GB discussed slot corner play with him.

The vet committee is a group of level- headed players that can both talk to their peers and the HC. Its both offense and defense and not necessarily the "best" players. But they do have to have some gravitas. LeRoy Butler talked about it on one of his radio shows, nobody effed with Reggie. 

When MM talks about knowing the pulse of his team, some of that comes from those guys - including telling the HC its time to lighten up towards the end of the season because they're all beat up.

Somebody called a Code Red on DRandall and some of you guys can't handle The Truth...

Damarious was a substandard Packer and while it would have been expeditious to get him on the first flight* out of town, Highly successful MM thought he had a responsibility to train young Damarious. Yes, I'm certain I read that somewhere. "Whitt, let's meet for lunch and you can share some thoughts on the training of young Randall. If Randall doesn't get a perfect score in his next game, I'm going to kill you."

* the first flight out of town was not at the end of the season. There was an earlier flight out, but apparently Damarius wasn't packed

LocnessDesignsdotcom.jpg?fit=640,400&ssl

^I'm here.^

Last night I got past #3 when I realized that Kizer was not about to announce his retirement before trades could become official.

I hope by the end of today, with an unofficial free agent acquisition or another (better) trade, I can move on to #5. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

LocnessDesignsdotcom.jpg?fit=640,400&ssl

^I'm here.^

Last night I got past #3 when I realized that Kizer was not about to announce his retirement before trades could become official.

I hope by the end of today, with an unofficial free agent acquisition or another (better) trade, I can move on to #5. 

You'll get there. I believe

Archived