Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

I think Hundley needs to move on just for his sake. I understand the disappointment especially in the inconsistency of play. For instance, I felt like he played his best ball on the road instead of home. That was quite a head scratcher. He had some ups, but a lot of downs too. He basically couldn't cover up the problems Aaron could, and honestly I don't know if many in the league could. With all that said, I feel some just hate the kid, and were rooting for him to fail. I can't wait until we are not discussing him anymore. I guess there were some rumors of him to the Titans or something? Don't quote me. Either way I don't think he is on the roster after the draft. I hope he can bounce back and have a decent career. I just don't think it could ever happen here. 

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont think the "keep Hundley only" option is on the agenda.

It'll depend on how the QBs perform in OTAs, TC and PS. I doubt severely Kizer gets cut. He'd have to really blow it out for them to outright walk from him - and be back to Hundley/Callahan.

IMO of course.

I’m really hoping Kizer flashes in camp and PS.  Remains to be seen what 1265 has planned for the number of QB’s they keep on the roster.  Pettine and MM really must not have liked the prospect of keeping DR for them to trade for Kizer.  Would have liked to have seen better trade value, but who knows - maybe it’ll work out.

29 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I’m really hoping Kizer flashes in camp and PS.  Remains to be seen what 1265 has planned for the number of QB’s they keep on the roster.  Pettine and MM really must not have liked the prospect of keeping DR for them to trade for Kizer.  Would have liked to have seen better trade value, but who knows - maybe it’ll work out.

DR was a talented head case. I think thats fairly well accepted. Beyond that is conjecture - such as he wasnt gonna fit Pettines D - or they didnt want the head case around anymore.

Well, heres my take on the other stuff:

1). I trust the folks at 1265 to know what they're doing and recognize they're making decisions based on far more info than available to me. So I dont freak out about details yet to be played out. 

2). As for the bolded section.......alot of people are saying dont judge a third year guy by his cover. Well...okay, fine. Then that principle certainly can be extended to a first year rookie thrown to the wolves - then I apply Option 1  :)

On 3/10/2018 at 11:45 AM, SSG said:

Wow, some of the ugliest QBing you will find in the NFL.  A couple tipped balls but the vast majority of the picks was just awful QBing.  He looks to be a MAJOR project as fixing stupid in a QB is the hardest thing to fix.

Have you run the stats on first year QB's on bad teams? The Dude should have been in college last year. He is raw, but has way more tools than Hundley. It may be a flop, but Randall was heading out of town one way or another. Why not roll with a your QB...give him a few years to hold a clipboard.

Kizer was set up to fail. he's a much better prospect than Hundley and Mac will make him a legit QB. it also means we don't have to worry about backup QB as we have his rookie contract for the next 3 seasons

i'm actually completely fine with this trade. randall gave up on the team in the chicago game and it's clear the coaches were done with him. gute asked pettine and pettine didn't want to coach a diva. similar to marcus peters, the team was done with him and weren't going to give him a contract after his rookie deal expires. cutting losses aint a bad thing people

i think this draft class is pretty deep at corner and i'm confident the team will make moves in FA and the draft to acquire multiple DBs that fit Pettine's vision

GB fanbase needs to relax

6 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Kizer was set up to fail. he's a much better prospect than Hundley and Mac will make him a legit QB. it also means we don't have to worry about backup QB as we have his rookie contract for the next 3 seasons

i'm actually completely fine with this trade. randall gave up on the team in the chicago game and it's clear the coaches were done with him. gute asked pettine and pettine didn't want to coach a diva. similar to marcus peters, the team was done with him and weren't going to give him a contract after his rookie deal expires. cutting losses aint a bad thing people

i think this draft class is pretty deep at corner and i'm confident the team will make moves in FA and the draft to acquire multiple DBs that fit Pettine's vision

GB fanbase needs to relax

He gave up after the Chicago game? What are you talking about

He played his best ball after that...

It's great. So many of the guys giving this a pass and saying nobody should be upset all have this one thing in common...

I have to agree with Persian. I was originally a bit torn on this one, but the more I think of it, the more I remember Pettine liking his CB's to be big and physical. Randall is not that guy. Couple that with his issues this past season and it makes a ton of sense to trade him at this point while he still has value. Then you're talking about getting a QB that's an immediate upgrade over Hundley AND has more in-game reps as a starter THEN adding to the fact that we're swapping 4th and 5th rounders and the trade is a MAJOR boon for us and doesn't hurt Cleveland and their 90,000 picks in this draft. 

Obviously, the only concern is what we do at CB now...

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

It's great. So many of the guys giving this a pass and saying nobody should be upset all have this one thing in common...

Pretty damn good game against Pittsburgh as well. Sure it was against #2's, but still....he did what he had to...

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

sorry, that was incorrect. didn't he have some clash with coaching in that game? it was reported that the team was upset about that

and let's face it, he's not that good. the shiniest turd is still a turd 

10 minutes ago, persiandud said:

sorry, that was incorrect. didn't he have some clash with coaching in that game? it was reported that the team was upset about that

Look. He's not a great player. But this idea he sucks or is a "turd" player is such bull****. Nobody was crying about him being one of our top 3 going into next year. Yes, there were guys who didn't like him and he's polarizing but it just feels like people trying to rationalize a trade where we got crap value. I peg you as a win now, the window is closing guy (because you are) so why would you want a project backup QB who led the NFL in turnovers in return? 

IDC if we traded Randall, but I can't believe you, just knowing your views lately, are okay with Kizer back.

Sorry but I think this all, more or less, comes back around to Ted. Nobody could be worse than him. Trades are awesome. We move on, and those guys who wanted him gone most can't admit the new guy who will supposedly do way more to help us maybe didn't do a very good job with his first move.

15 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Tis why he said after the Chicago game

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

I have to agree with Persian. I was originally a bit torn on this one, but the more I think of it, the more I remember Pettine liking his CB's to be big and physical. Randall is not that guy. Couple that with his issues this past season and it makes a ton of sense to trade him at this point while he still has value. Then you're talking about getting a QB that's an immediate upgrade over Hundley AND has more in-game reps as a starter THEN adding to the fact that we're swapping 4th and 5th rounders and the trade is a MAJOR boon for us and doesn't hurt Cleveland and their 90,000 picks in this draft. 

Obviously, the only concern is what we do at CB now...

I'd be better if I truly believed he was an obvious immediate upgrade to Brett but I'm not sure he is, ATM. Not that he can't or won't be. But he's still a risk there IMO

It sounds like we had to trade Randall. I just did not want this back. 

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Tis why he said after the Chicago game

I worded that poorly though and was too lazy to fix it. He was a clown that day, you could say he gave up. But he played his tail off after. And played much better. But if the locker room said no more unanimously... It has to be done. 

Archived