Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm pretty sure this is my first FF freak out. I popped my cherry

I got rid of mine in 2007 when we didn't trade for Randy Moss.

I'm still at stage one of the grief chart there 11 years later. People try and tell me it was Moss' fault, bull, still mad at you Ted, get off your hands!

Little surprised soo many so down on this trade.   After having basically the worst pass defense in the NFL the last two years, why are people not more excited that we are making real change?

Little scary and vulnerable right now, but lets keep in mind FA didn't even start yet and draft.

Just excited for me we are trying to change it up on D.  Isn't anyone just a little happy we aren't being content with status quo?

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I got rid of mine in 2007 when we didn't trade for Randy Moss.

I'm still at stage one of the grief chart there 11 years later. People try and tell me it was Moss' fault, bull, still mad at you Ted, get off your hands!

I wasn't happy then either. I was pretty ticked off at the Lynch thing. I was pretty dark sided against Ted that year, until well, you know.

9 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Little surprised soo many so down on this trade.   After having basically the worst pass defense in the NFL the last two years, why are people not more excited that we are making real change?

Little scary and vulnerable right now, but lets keep in mind FA didn't even start yet and draft.

Just excited for me we are trying to change it up on D.  Isn't anyone just a little happy we aren't being content with status quo?

To be blunt, because nothing yet has helped the pass defense.

But yeah we have to see what happens. I'll feel much better after we see what we get I'm sure 

I do like that we are willingly to do this. I posted that earlier at some point. It shows they want to make moves to fix things. That's definitely good, no doubt.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I wasn't happy then either. I was pretty ticked off at the Lynch thing. I was pretty dark sided against Ted that year, until well, you know.

I've hated Marshawn since he entered the league, so that didn't bother me. The fact I was robbed of telling my kids about the year Favre and Moss broke records in Green Bay will always be something I hold against the ole wizard.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've hated Marshawn since he entered the league, so that didn't bother me. The fact I was robbed of telling my kids about the year Favre and Moss broke records in Green Bay will always be something I hold against the ole wizard.

Yeah I liked him in college even though he was obviously a goof. I was watching that game when he drove the cart around laughing my *** off.

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm sure we could've tried for Shelton instead seeing as how he was traded shortly after. Maybe not getting him is a sign they like where they're at with Wilkerson?

More likely that Green Bay didn't think very highly of Shelton.  New DC or not, we do like some kind of athleticism from our big guys up front. 

On 3/9/2018 at 6:08 PM, SSG said:

What a truly awful trade.  We're substantially worse after this trade.  I'm not a big Randall fan but he was EASILY our best CB last year and we just traded him for a down grade at back up QB.  

I can't wait to hear GB put lipstick on this pig.  

Dorsey and Wolf have to be laughing right now as it's like stealing candy from a baby.  They just unloaded a QB who showed nothing last year, a guy whom they knew they didn't want for a starting caliber CB.

Starting CB?  Yes he started on the Packers, but we suck at CB.  He was PFF 81st ranked CB last year, that's not a starting CB in the NFL.

I'm ok with this trade because we already had to find 2 CB to get Randall off the field and a new backup QB.  At least now we only have to find 2 CB's.  We filled a hole :)

So heres the deal..

Apparently DR is going to move to FS with CLE. How well he'll do is anybody's guess.

Which to me - and I'm not jumping anybodies bones - we may have drafted a square peg and tried to fit it into a round hole - which ask me - is on the talent evaluator.

We had a clear need for a CB and we selected a FS instead.

Archived