Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

In that draft, I was pretty enamored with Kendricks.  After the combine, I was digging Anthony at ILB as well.  I never gave Randall a second thought as he was always listed as a safety.  But this much I gotta say for him....the ball finds him and he doesn't drop the easy INT.  He's gonna have a career for a while, despite his attitude and mouth, just because of those two facts.

I think you nailed the thing with Randall.  I know I didn't really give him much of a look since he was listed as a safety for the draft and played it in college.  I believe you had to go back to his CC tape to find him playing CB.

I'd just keep my powder dry on this trade for a year or two. We made one of these trades a few years back, over 25 to be exact, Brett Lorenzo Favre. It worked out pretty well and Kizer has played for two pretty brutal coaches in Kelly at ND and Jackson at Cleveland. Maybe McCarthy can coach him up. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

GM Packerraymond would've taken Malcom Brown, PJ Williams and Paul Dawson if he was GM.

I beat Ted in round 1-2, Dawson sucked so he got me in round 3.

I was so damn surprised when it wasn't Brown, but I'm glad they have Kenny Clark instead now.

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I was all about Kendricks, so I probably would have passed on a corner in round one.  Randall wasn't even on my radar ... it was a total surprise pick to me.  

Kendricks was my clear favorite as well at that time. But TT was never a fan of drafting ILBs high, so I wasn't really surprised that he went with a DB tweener another time.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

GM Packerraymond would've taken Malcom Brown, PJ Williams and Paul Dawson if he was GM.

I beat Ted in round 1-2, Dawson sucked so he got me in round 3.

Has PJ seen the field much either? Such a brutal, brutal draft. Even with hindsight its tough to find 7 guys we could've gotten O.o

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm talking about the trade anymore. I'm reflecting on the decision making that got him here.

I dont have all the details locked down - but we needed a CB to replace Tramon (and Hayward had left just the year before no???? Not sure about that....) - but we needed a CB.

And we drafted a FS.....and gave it a good run.

Problem was - we needed a CB and the talent requirements are ENTIRELY different - and - we had nowhere to park DR if he should fail on the outside cause HHCD had the FS spot locked down. We boxed ourselves in.

Also - if I'm MM and perhaps to a lesser degree Capers - I'd at least have to consider asking TT WTF?

"We need a CB and you give us a FS? Out of the ENTIRE draft - you couldnt find a pure CB in this nation.....in the FIRST ROUND?" 

I'm glad DRs gone. He was a douchbag - but TT screwed this one up you ask me.

Just draft the most talented player AT THE POSITION OF NEED - and dont get cute with "transformational" thinking.

My rant is over.

Randall and Rollins were drafted out of need.  We'd just lost Tramon and House in UFA.  Unfortunately, the franchise crippling mistake of letting Hayward leave for  peanuts wasn't made until the following offseason.

11 minutes ago, SSG said:

Randall and Rollins were drafted out of need.  We'd just lost Tramon and House in UFA.  Unfortunately, the franchise crippling mistake of letting Hayward leave for  peanuts wasn't made until the following offseason.

Thats right...I'd forgotten about House.

18 minutes ago, SSG said:

That's one that kills me everytime I read about how well he's doing out west. 

On 3/12/2018 at 7:56 PM, SSG said:

Keep in mind that that particular draft was about ST in particular. I too wanted Kendricks badly and was willing to settle for Stephone Anthony. Boy did Anthony bust...

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Keep in mind that that particular draft was about ST in particular. I too wanted Kendricks badly and was willing to settle for Stephone Anthony. Boy did Anthony bust...

I agree.  it was about adding athletism and replenishing the CBs.  

Though I hate the Kizer trade, I wasn't a big Randall fan at all.  Hated the first pick.  I was personally on the Malcom Brown wagon.  

Archived