Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

I’m glad I’m not obligated to cheer for this smug moron anymore. I dont even necessarily find his tweet to be all that bad, but it’s the lastest in a long line of things from him that all tell me he isn’t ever going to change.

Still hate the return for him but can wholeheartedly say I hope his career falls apart and he’s a FA by week 10.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Which to me - and I'm not jumping anybodies bones - we may have drafted a square peg and tried to fit it into a round hole - which ask me - is on the talent evaluator.

We had a clear need for a CB and we selected a FS instead.

I really don't think it had anything to do with his play on the field and it was behind the scenes drama bull ****.

Randall having fun on twitter lol xD

Seriously I've always thought his skillset translated to free safety. Never understood why we never gave him a shot there. I've never seen HaHa make the kind of plays that Randall made.

The fact that Cleveland immediately moved him to FS shows that they agree.

I think Randall burnt his bridges here and it didn't matter if Pettine wanted to keep him. He outstayed his welcome here. No shot at wiping the slate clean and playing Randall in his natural position. It's a shame. I think the blame applies to everybody. Capers for being a dinosaur, McCarthy for not putting his foot down and forcing Capers to do what he should've done a long time ago and finally Randall for being a total ******.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

So heres the deal..

Apparently DR is going to move to FS with CLE. How well he'll do is anybody's guess.

Which to me - and I'm not jumping anybodies bones - we may have drafted a square peg and tried to fit it into a round hole - which ask me - is on the talent evaluator.

We had a clear need for a CB and we selected a FS instead.

He'll probably wind up in the pro bowl.  We have made several mistakes in regards to which position players should be playing.  We play safeties at corner .. we play outside corners in the slot.  It makes me question the coaching in Green Bay the past several years.  I hope Pettine has a keen sense for putting guys in a position to succeed ... Capers had flat out lost that ability.  Ted liked tweeners.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He'll probably wind up in the pro bowl.  We have made several mistakes in regards to which position players should be playing.  We play safeties at corner .. we play outside corners in the slot.  It makes me question the coaching in Green Bay the past several years.  I hope Pettine has a keen sense for putting guys in a position to succeed ... Capers had flat out lost that ability.  Ted liked tweeners.

Capers tried to get too fancy and didn't see the direction the league has gone. I like that Pettine says his defense "looks complicated". I can't wait to see what he can do with some of the guys we have drafted over the last few years. There has been a debate for a long time between did TT suck at drafting defensive players or did the coaches suck at putting them in positions to succeed. 

9 minutes ago, ugLymayNe said:

I really don't think it had anything to do with his play on the field and it was behind the scenes drama bull ****.

I'm talking about the trade anymore. I'm reflecting on the decision making that got him here.

I dont have all the details locked down - but we needed a CB to replace Tramon (and Hayward had left just the year before no???? Not sure about that....) - but we needed a CB.

And we drafted a FS.....and gave it a good run.

Problem was - we needed a CB and the talent requirements are ENTIRELY different - and - we had nowhere to park DR if he should fail on the outside cause HHCD had the FS spot locked down. We boxed ourselves in.

Also - if I'm MM and perhaps to a lesser degree Capers - I'd at least have to consider asking TT WTF?

"We need a CB and you give us a FS? Out of the ENTIRE draft - you couldnt find a pure CB in this nation.....in the FIRST ROUND?" 

I'm glad DRs gone. He was a douchbag - but TT screwed this one up you ask me.

Just draft the most talented player AT THE POSITION OF NEED - and dont get cute with "transformational" thinking.

My rant is over.

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Capers tried to get too fancy and didn't see the direction the league has gone. I like that Pettine says his defense "looks complicated". I can't wait to see what he can do with some of the guys we have drafted over the last few years. There has been a debate for a long time between did TT suck at drafting defensive players or did the coaches suck at putting them in positions to succeed. 

We should have drafted a CB in stead of a FS. Starts from the top - then you dont have to worry about playing a guy out of position.

Its not like an OT moving inside to OG. Far different requirements.

Perhaps puts a little bit of context on MM saying he wished "somebody" would listen to him.

That was a first round selection. I bet the ranch there was SOMEBODY - a pure CB - who could have taken over the position reins easier than DR did.

No wonder he sucked at man to man coverage....and had a knack for breaking on the ball. Thats all Free Safeties do.

Just now, Leader said:

We should have drafted a CB in stead of a FS. Starts from the top - then you dont have to worry about playing a guy out of position.

Its not like an OT moving inside to OG. Far different requirements.

The AZ coaches moved Randall to safety because he was their best playmaker, not because he was or wasn't a CB. So right off the bat, you mislabeled the player and then used that faulty assumption to take shots at the Packers front office.

That's a very popular sport here at the short bus forum, but you need to decide if you want to be a passenger on that bus or not.

I stopped riding buses years ago.

As for labels - the AZ coaches and now the CLE coaches have labeled him a FS.

Perhaps if it walks and talks like a duck - its a duck.

We'll see if CLE decides to move him back to CB - in which instance, we all have a good idea of his coverage skills.

We could have - and in hindsight now - should have - used that first round selection to draft a pure CB - cause with HHCD on board (and going nowhere) we left ourselves no options.

If thats considered a "shot" at the front office. Mark me down for it. I think we could have done BOTH the team and the individual player better - and we had all the freedom in the world.

First round. A whole BOATLOAD of CB talent to weed through.

If I'm not mistaken - our starter on the other side was an UDFA - so thats a fairly HUGE spectrum of talent to select from.

Might have been best to focus on CB trained, tested and shown on tape to have excelled - rather than selecting a Safety and asking him to take a sideline.

Archived