Texans watch: 2017

BwickRedux

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just find it unnecessary to take a guy who plays a position where excellent starters are routinely found in mid/later rounds in the top 10.

For every Zeke and Gurley there's a Bell or David Johnson.

Couldn’t you say that about a majority of every position tho? 

I have no problem taking a player who can be an immediate impact. Barkley can run catch and block. He be the perfect compliment to a rookie QB. You tend to see the lower rd RBs have success when they are playing with a legit QB it seems like. I could be wrong.

give me Darnold and Barkley and let’s not worry about the backfield for the next 10 years

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Couldn’t you say that about a majority of every position tho? 

I have no problem taking a player who can be an immediate impact. Barkley can run catch and block. He be the perfect compliment to a rookie QB. You tend to see the lower rd RBs have success when they are playing with a legit QB it seems like. I could be wrong.

give me Darnold and Barkley and let’s not worry about the backfield for the next 10 years

You could definitely do worse than picking a very good RB. We know more than most how easy it can be to draft a bust.

But still I think RB is the easiest position to find good production anywhere. Premium corners tend to be harder to find.

Darnold and Fitzpatrick I think would be my first choice pairing.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

You could definitely do worse than picking a very good RB. We know more than most how easy it can be to draft a bust.

But still I think RB is the easiest position to find good production anywhere. Premium corners tend to be harder to find.

Darnold and Fitzpatrick I think would be my first choice pairing.

Is Fitzpatrick playing Safety or Corner?  I would be happy with Fitzpatrick, James, or Barkley with that 2nd pick.  If a WR emerges???  Washington, Sutton, or Ridley???.... I would be ok with that too.

If the Browns went Darnold/Minkah in Round 1, I think if I were Dorsey I'd just leave the building and go play golf. Plus, make teams really make me offers for those 3 second rounders the next day. Create a higher demand by the illusion of scarcity/time for Day 2. Less time=more panic=better offers usually.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Minkah would be a free safety. He’s incredibly intelligent and can make an impact from day 1 because of his cover skills.

Lucky for us Free Safety is pretty much the biggest need on our defense...

As it stands right now we have the 6th pick with the Texans.

We could get as high as 4 we just need Denver and San Fran to both win another game.

Unfortunately for us San Fan plays Tennessee, Jacksonville, and the Rams

But Denver plays Indy this week!!

The problem is Houston plays Indy the last week of the season.

That's HOU vs IND game is going to decide whether we are top 5 or top 10 in my opinion....

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Lucky for us Free Safety is pretty much the biggest need on our defense...

As it stands right now we have the 6th pick with the Texans.

We could get as high as 4 we just need Denver and San Fran to both win another game.

Unfortunately for us San Fan plays Tennessee, Jacksonville, and the Rams

But Denver plays Indy this week!!

The problem is Houston plays Indy the last week of the season.

That's HOU vs IND game is going to decide whether we are top 5 or top 10 in my opinion....

This is Minkah in a nutshell

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

You’re falling into the trap of over exposure. You see guys too much every year, so you’re going to see their flaws.

Yeah. My big board is basically set right now with Darnold at #1 and Fitz at #5-7. I'm going to watch more of these two in their bowl games. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So am I alone in thinking this draft looks weak right now?

I think certain positions are very top-heavy, like the safeties and CBs.

I like the depth at the RB position, and even QB to a degree, although I think Darnold/Rosen are head and shoulders better than everyone else.

I think that the WR position is MAJORLY LACKING in top end talent, but a lot of guys I could see being very good (Washington, Ridley, the Southland kid from SMU from what I've seen)

I don't love any of the LBs.

There are a lot of good OL but I'm not seeing Joe Thomas 2.0 out there.

Overall, good year to have 2 very high 1sts and probably a good year for 3 2nds. I'd love to go RB and WR in Round 2 (Chubb or Guice will be there and I like both, not to mention probably Washington from OK State as well)

JMHO

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think certain positions are very top-heavy, like the safeties and CBs.

I like the depth at the RB position, and even QB to a degree, although I think Darnold/Rosen are head and shoulders better than everyone else.

I think that the WR position is MAJORLY LACKING in top end talent, but a lot of guys I could see being very good (Washington, Ridley, the Southland kid from SMU from what I've seen)

I don't love any of the LBs.

There are a lot of good OL but I'm not seeing Joe Thomas 2.0 out there.

Overall, good year to have 2 very high 1sts and probably a good year for 3 2nds. I'd love to go RB and WR in Round 2 (Chubb or Guice will be there and I like both, not to mention probably Washington from OK State as well)

JMHO

I'm with you skill positions in round two.

I like Guice, the kid from USC, Love, Penny, there's a number who look good.

WR talent looks to be a bunch of "solid contributors" or number 2's, no studs that I've seen.  With a healthy Coleman and Gordon a "solid contributor" would be great, especially if they sign someone too.

7 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Yeah. My big board is basically set right now with Darnold at #1 and Fitz at #5-7. I'm going to watch more of these two in their bowl games. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I think most on here would love this to be our 1st round. In 2nd round if we could get RB, CB, OL or WR Id be very happy. Ive have said more than once I want Billy Price on the BROWNS.

elfman

Archived