Texans watch: 2017

BwickRedux

22 hours ago, NateDawg said:

As it sits now, I think that Texans draft slot is 7/8, as they have the same record as Tampa.

San Fran, Jax, Pittsburgh, Indy. 

If they can somehow lose to San Fran, that would be huge. They’d probably be staring down a 4-11 record going into the Colts finale.

Yup right now they (we) are pick 7.

They are tied with Tampa but Tampas SOS (.552) is better than Houstons (.521)

Unfortunately though above them only Chicago, and San Fransisco have higher SOS's

17 minutes ago, brownie man said:

isnt "THAT good"

as in I don't think he'll score against that defense 

I know it was just the Bears but Jimmy G had that offense converting 3rd downs like it was nothing.

I think they ran 73 plays of offense while the bears had 36

Given the injuries the Texans have I think SF pulls one out of their rear ends

Just now, ohiogenius said:

I know it was just the Bears but Jimmy G had that offense converting 3rd downs like it was nothing.

I think they ran 73 plays of offense while the bears had 36

Given the injuries the Texans have I think SF pulls one out of their rear ends

It's possible for sure, but there is still a lot of talent on that Texans team.

22 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Houston at 4-12 would be delightful.  That could give us a top 3-5 pick. (No worse than 6th if I did my math right.)  I would be very excited. 

Oh #1 and # 4 or 5 means we can either pick up Fitzpatrick or Barkley. Chubbs could easily be in play too. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

21 hours ago, brownie man said:

I can't seen them losing to SF

Jimmy G isn't that good and SF doesn't care at this point 2 wins and their QB of the future they're fine 

Did you watch that game? For it being his first start, Handsome Jimmy G looked great. I could see that one going either way.

18 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Did you watch that game? For it being his first start, Handsome Jimmy G looked great. I could see that one going either way.

Yep he looked awesome. Lightning quick release, so relaxed in the pocket, going through progressions like it was nothing and delivering money third down throws to tight windows in the middle of the field.

His reply in the post game interview impressed me as well. He was questioned about what looked like a risky throw he made on third down when getting blasted. It was completed for a first down. He explained that it really wasn't as risky as it appeared because he was fully aware of the covering linebackers depth on the route etc and knowing he couldn't get there.

He's going to be a top QB in the league once he gets actual receivers. For now he can be satisfied with saying he's won every start of his career so far.

When you watch him play, you can see why Belichick didn't want to let him go. He has Brady traits. Make no mistake, he isn't a simple case of Patriots backup being propped up. He's legit.

On 12/5/2017 at 11:05 AM, Aztec Hammer said:

When you watch him play, you can see why Belichick didn't want to let him go. He has Brady traits. Make no mistake, he isn't a simple case of Patriots backup being propped up. He's legit.

If only the Front Office had listened to somebody on this board who had him ranked over Bortles, Carr, and Manziel that year and supported drafting him in the first.

Archived