Texans watch: 2017

BwickRedux

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yes.  Barkley/Mayfield are the LT/Brees of this draft.  @Kiwibrown for Depodesta role, @NudeTayne for Sashimi time.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Sweet Ill bring my glasses and a laptop. and a pocket protector. and numbers and symbols % & * / @ # $$$$$$$$.  nerd alert. 

DeShone-Kizer-Taylor-Anderson.jpg

DPkktUfX0AEPXkg.jpg

analyticsguys.0.0.png

This is how I feel about you, @Kiwibrown, you Paul Depodesta you.

What a game.  This season is going perfectly for the Ravens.  They will end up 7-9 with a trash product on the field.  The fans will grow more upset but not upset enough for any real changes to be made.  Heck, the Ravens may even wait another year to grab a passer in the draft because "We just need to shore up the offensive line and add some offensive weapons for Joe."

Honestly, Flacco made Cutler look enthusiastic & interested in football.  It seems like he has already retired in his mind--just collecting the big paycheck til the Ravens get wise to the jig.

So what now we hold the 1st and 8th picks?

God it feels like it was just yesterday we were all counting games at the end of the year with the 49ers for the race to the #1 pick. I can't believe it's starting all over again lol

And so goes 5 full months and 6 100 page Draft threads discussing "1+8? Or 2+6? Oh man it's going to be 1+11 I feel it" hahaha

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Completely disagree.

I think a qb at 1 is a must, but I'd love another trade down and to pick up some future 1's and 2's.

If we do keep this regime for another year, next season is their "put up or shut up" year - they need to put a winner on the field or they are gone and we're blowing it up and starting all over again. I'll take impact players and potentially exciting football over delaying winning for another year, we've done enough of that over the last few years and it has us at basically our lowest point since 1999. We already have the youngest roster in the league and an army of picks, time to nut up and take our shot.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Completely disagree.

I think a qb at 1 is a must, but I'd love another trade down and to pick up some future 1's and 2's.

13 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

If we do keep this regime for another year, next season is their "put up or shut up" year - they need to put a winner on the field or they are gone and we're blowing it up and starting all over again. I'll take impact players and potentially exciting football over delaying winning for another year, we've done enough of that over the last few years and it has us at basically our lowest point since 1999. We already have the youngest roster in the league and an army of picks, time to nut up and take our shot.

I agree with what both of you are saying, actually.  I'm fine grabbing Baker at #1 and then trading down from our pick if Barkley/Fitzpatrick are both gone.  How I see the draft's depth, trading down won't really change the player value by much--only see eight players or so with a top-ten grade & most are passers/pass rushers.   I dunno if I'd grab a pass rusher that high with who we have/need, though I do like Bradley Chubb DE NC a lot.  It could make a lot of sense to trade down, depending on how the draft goes and where the second #1 ends up being.  Right now I see us ending up with #1 passer on our board & Fitzpatrick.

Remaining schedules for teams that could effect the Texans pick:

Miami Dolphins (4-7)

Denver

New England

Buffalo

Kansas City

Buffalo

NY Jets (4-7)

Kansas City

Denver

New Orleans

LA Chargers

New England

Indianapolis (3-8)

Jacksonville

Buffalo

Denver

Baltimore

Houston

Denver (3-8)

Miami

NY Jets

Indianapolis

Washington

Kansas City

Chicago (3-8)

San Francisco

Cincinnati

Detroit

Cleveland

Minnesota

Tampa Bay (4-7)

Green Bay

Detroit

Atlanta

Carolina

New Orleans

Teams in my opinion that are potential wins for each team in bold.

Peace!!!

Archived