Texans watch: 2017

BwickRedux

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't disagree about the qb at one or the vet, but I don't see how Kizer isn't the 3rd qb.

I would say that Kizer would be the likely #3. I’m just not going to ink a guy on the roster if it’s a new regime and they draft someone at 1. I’m fine with him as the 3. That guy needed a few years out of college to begin with. My big thing is that assuming we go QB at 1, we have got to get a veteran in the QB room to help out a bit. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Stat line doesnt paint Goff as awful but just watching him last year and seeing everything that was considered a strength of his, were things he struggled with. I remember watching him a lot last year because he was the QB that Hue wanted. I just never walked away impressed by him. 

I think it might of been Fisher really holding him back because he looks really good under this new coaching staff. It also shows how much growth could be made in an offseason, so a player has an entire offseason devoted to getting better instead of preparing for the whole draft process. 

I like Kizer, believe he has all the tools. Right now to me the issue is coaching. I have been so disappointed with Hue. I wasnt expecting him to be leading this team to wins. I just wanted to see him molding Kizer and putting him into good positions but he hasnt. The game plan vs Minny was the only game plan that to me was him putting Kizer into a good position 

I would love if Kizer is the guy.  I really like the kid and hope he works out.  And he's from Toledo.  He has been atrocious this season, though, beyond even "raw".  By the end of the year we'll know about Kizer.  If he can be the guy, imagine my next mock.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can't see a scenario in which the nerds don't trade down with Houston's pick.

If we can that’d be beautiful 

a first rounder in 2019 could get you a HOF player 

next year is so much more deeper and talented kinda sad to say 

I think they trade in the second as well. My guess is they don’t want any direct player tied to that osweiler pick. That’s a lot of pressure 

12 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Right now we pick at #1, 9, 32 and 41 with houstons picks 

This is if you don't take into account the strength of their remaining schedule also.

If you do, we actually have the #1, #7, #32, and #39

And with how bad Houston played against INDY, I can see them losing out.

The good news is Houstons SOS is FAR less than TB and NYG so if they tie, Houstons pick would be higher.

IND and CIN has a much lower SOS however so they would need to win more games than HOU.  I could see CIN passing them, but not IND.

Gun to my head, best case, I think we have the #5 pick, ATM worst case is top 10.

13 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Right now we pick at #1, 9, 32 and 41 with houstons picks 

If the browns really wanted to clean house from sashi and hue, there is not better time IMO. The draft capitals and cap space should be a dream for a GM. That they could make a huge impact and finish/restart a rebuilding without doing the real dirty work. (The dirty work was what Sashi did the past two years). For a HC you gotta love the ability of having such a young and talented team. A team that could really be molded into any kind if system. 

I like this FO but have grown sour of hue.

As much as this organization seems to be in shambles, at the very least, through public opinion, I’m not sure I’m ready to completely start over in the FO. At the very least, the constant turnover will likely allow for only a desperate person to take over. If given a choice, any lead candidate is going to choose about anyone else over Cleveland. Therefore, best bet is to hope this FO starts to turn things around next year. Otherwise, the next guy should look at a somewhat depleted roster and assume he has an unrealistic timeline to turn the team into a winner, before being the next to go. 

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I don't want smart guys this time, I want average joes who know football

that doesnt mean a lick, everyone prior was a football guy.

I also dont view Sashi as a guy who doesnt know the game. He has been around the NFL long enough. Also to me he seems to know football if you purely look at his work as a cap guy, he never gave out horrible contracts. never insulted players with extremely cheap deals or vastly over paid someone of their supposed market value. To me he seemed to always nail the true value of a player. 

I think its hard for us to look at things with him. As fans we are looking one move ahead, where Sashi is working like 3-4 moves ahead. Just have to hope the payoff is worth it!

I think Sashi stays, coaches I am not sure.  I do not think they trade down this time from Sashi's presser a couple of days ago.  I think he will be fighting for his future and job this off season.  He said they had huge plans this off season.  I think they are all in to try to win next year, and win a lot (not saying that they will accomplish it).  But I think if anything, they will be trying to trade up to get better players right away, not trade down for the next draft.  I also expect big big spending in free agency.

I think this will be Sashi's off season of desperation, I just hope we get better results.  We have seen it before, remember the trade for Shawn Rogers and signing that guy from GB to big contracts, only to see them bust and everyone get fired?  Remember when Heckert who had been very solid drafting was feeling the heat and spent a first on Weeden just to try to get that elusive QB?

Archived