The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah Stroud’s lack of running threat is a big time hindrance.

It’s not a hindrance as much as an annoyance 

it’s just bizarre that they haven’t scrapped the read option plays, as they just need to key on theRb every dang time 

burn those pages of plays, Day

15 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

it’s just bizarre that they haven’t scrapped the read option plays, as they just need to key on theRb every dang time 

burn those pages of plays, Day

Yeah agreed, scrap it if you never run him. 

Even when it’s open on the scramble though he almost refuses to run even for an easy first down. 

9 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I’m thrilled with a win

they are always a Nuisance to play, similar to Purdue 

one of the 2 teams we always seem to play down to their level when we should just force our game on them.

so I am just happy to exit the game with a win and seemingly healthy 

If Penn State can’t force turnovers they get boat raced. It’s why I’ve always felt Franklin is overrated. If your entire defensive scheme is based off of forcing fluke plays, you’re probably not that good.

I just feel our offensive line got whipped all night and came out very unfocused. I think we had 7 pre snap penalties.

We won though, so screw it.

This OL is super soft. They e gotten exposed against Oregon and Penn State, and they’d better figure it out soon, because without the threat of a quarterback run, those defensive ends are going to collapse hard on the running back in support and those secondary force defenders will come in hard downhill as well.

On 10/30/2021 at 11:58 PM, malibuspeedrace said:

It's only a hinderance as long as you continue to run them.  The Penn State LB's were paying 0 attention to Stroud and were flying down the line to the RB. Dwayne Haskins could have rushed for 50+ yards in this game.

• Like 3

I’m wondering if Ryan Day has basically told him not to run or if it’s been his decision. His treatment of the line of scrimmage like lava has affected the run game against the two good defenses we’ve played now. Both in RPO and designed passing plays. Regardless, yeah, he has clearly been a better passer the past several weeks and I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

• Like 1

Garrett Wilson is unavailable for the game today

per Olave, Julian Fleming has been a full participant in practice this week…so maybe he gets a nice chunk of playing time, as it sounds like the hamstring issue may be behind him

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2021/11/126471/garrett-wilson-out-for-nebraska-game-as-13-buckeyes-are-listed-unavailable?fbclid=IwAR0u7bZxz4K-I8ImRpHyKxLtIr_nxc8oNK2XRmJIVBsGwa_-NJ28SpFCLqA

20 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Garrett Wilson is unavailable for the game today

per Olave, Julian Fleming has been a full participant in practice this week…so maybe he gets a nice chunk of playing time, as it sounds like the hamstring issue may be behind him

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2021/11/126471/garrett-wilson-out-for-nebraska-game-as-13-buckeyes-are-listed-unavailable?fbclid=IwAR0u7bZxz4K-I8ImRpHyKxLtIr_nxc8oNK2XRmJIVBsGwa_-NJ28SpFCLqA

I'd be worried if we didn't have the WR group that we do and while Wilson is special, I'd rather he be healthy for next week. 

Edit: Never mind, I see they disclosed it in the article

Edited by BobbyPhil1781