The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

• 2 weeks later...

If this team has a weakness it’s the cornerback play. Those guys are in position but just aren’t making a play on the ball. It’s going to rear its ugly head when they play a big time off and late in the season if some of that doesn’t get corrected. All things considered, they are still putting out a top 10 statistical defense which is miles from where it was the last two years, and the offense is the best in the country. Have to like where this team stands right now. I think I have to see some of it against a really quality opponent though. They also need to get healthy. They have some key players that they are still playing without. I imagine we see a couple guys emerge and take the field after the bye week. Michael Hall and Tommy Eichenberg have been there best players on D. I was a huge critic of Eichenberg last season, he was terrible. I don’t know what happened to him, I don’t watch every player or game going on each Saturday, but I have to believe he has been one of the best inside linebackers in the country this season.

• Like 1

Health is really the only concern I have right now. We're so thin at RB and these guys all seem to get banged up. No doubt Hayden could handle the load if required but need Trey and Miyan healthy. Honestly though, do we even need to run the ball? Stroud is playing absolutely amazing right now and we have so many weapons on the outside that I really think we could just throw it every time and do very well lol. 

This team is very, very good and a legit contender. Just hope we don't have a **** game that we've seen good teams in the past have. Use this bye week to get healthy and be ready for the second half of the season which will be tough

Ohio State just needs to continue to stay balanced and run block the way they currently are. Because there are going to be games against better defenses where those windows are tighter, as good as those receivers and the quarterback is. Those guys are pretty awesome, but I’m looking forward to seeing it against Penn State in a few weeks to see where they stack up against the best defense we will have faced so far. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Ohio State just needs to continue to stay balanced and run block the way they currently are. Because there are going to be games against better defenses where those windows are tighter, as good as those receivers and the quarterback is. Those guys are pretty awesome, but I’m looking forward to seeing it against Penn State in a few weeks to see where they stack up against the best defense we will have faced so far. 

Feel like Iowa will be the best defense we face all season. Penn State and Michigan are certainly good but I don't feel like they're on Iowa's level. I would like to think they'd be even better if they had an offense that didn't keep them on the field more than they are right now