The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

25 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Evan Pryor is out for the year and this is how some Michigan fans react

I hope we absolutely murder them in November. Destroy them. I want tears 

I'd say "Stay Classy B!tchigan" but that would mean they would have had class to begin with. Here's hoping for a 4 TD+ beat down in November. BRING IT! 

MC 

• Like 1

How do we feel about this spread? I get NDs QB will be a first time starter in this wild environment but they still have a pretty good team. While I've enjoyed what I've read about the defense this off-season, we absolutely have to take it with a gain of salt. Maybe these guys are that good though.

Holly Rowe recently attended a practice and said this team is absolutely loaded and she thinks we'll win it all so maybe the hype is warranted. 

Regardless, I'm too damn excited and can't wait for this week to get over with so I can get back to that lovely RV lot

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

How do we feel about this spread? I get NDs QB will be a first time starter in this wild environment but they still have a pretty good team. While I've enjoyed what I've read about the defense this off-season, we absolutely have to take it with a gain of salt. Maybe these guys are that good though.

Holly Rowe recently attended a practice and said this team is absolutely loaded and she thinks we'll win it all so maybe the hype is warranted. 

Regardless, I'm too damn excited and can't wait for this week to get over with so I can get back to that lovely RV lot

I'm not betting that 17.5 point spread. It's a Week 1 game, ND still has a surprising amount of players back. Yes, their QB is very inexperienced and yes Kyle Hamilton is gone, but they have a solid contingent of players back and that defense will be better than most we play this year.

We will NOT be able to run at will on them and with our defense playing their first game in a new scheme, I'm not as optimistic about getting consistent stops and limiting big plays as I would be if this was a game played in October.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We won’t blow them out, but I genuinely believe OSU will win the national championship this year.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not betting that 17.5 point spread. It's a Week 1 game, ND still has a surprising amount of players back. Yes, their QB is very inexperienced and yes Kyle Hamilton is gone, but they have a solid contingent of players back and that defense will be better than most we play this year.

We will NOT be able to run at will on them and with our defense playing their first game in a new scheme, I'm not as optimistic about getting consistent stops and limiting big plays as I would be if this was a game played in October.

Yeah, I'm not touching it either but I'm surprised it even grew from last I saw (15).

I agree w/ what you said about them as well. I mean, they're preseason 5 for a reason. Yes, some might argue it's their history which gives them a little extra bump but it's still where they're ranked.

I expect us to come out blazing on offense and am hoping for the best on defense. I do expect them to be better (hard not to) but how much? We'll see. When we hired Knowles, I admittedly said I didn't know much about him but am definitely liking what I've read about them this off-season. Can't wait to see it in action.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

We won’t blow them out, but I genuinely believe OSU will win the national championship this year.

I am definitely leaning that way as well. It will be tough w/ such a massive overhaul of coaches done on the defensive side from last year but there's no question that the guys we have leading that side of the ball were very successful at their old places of employment. 

The offense? ..... Let's just hope we don't get surprised but I don't see how we're not going to threaten 40 PPG this season. Losing Pryor hurts the depth at RB but word is Hayden has been doing very well as a true freshman. 

I don’t think this offense will be like 2019 LSU, but it could be among the best ever production wise. CJ Stroud is more than capable of a monster season. He’s also got the best WRs in all of college football. I really want to see who steps up between Fleming and Egbuka.

Offensive line play is the only thing that could derail that.