The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. good?

we have no idea, there has been a long jam at WR, so he hasnt had the chance for big amount of PT. With Wilson and Olave sitting out of the rose bowl and he was able to take a majority, he ended up having a pretty big game. I think he might have a break out year next year but who knows if it comes from Flemming cause he will finally be healthy too.

OSU just has an embarrassment of riches at WR and QB position

15 hours ago, buno67 said:
19 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. good?

we have no idea, there has been a long jam at WR, so he hasnt had the chance for big amount of PT. With Wilson and Olave sitting out of the rose bowl and he was able to take a majority, he ended up having a pretty big game. I think he might have a break out year next year but who knows if it comes from Flemming cause he will finally be healthy too.

OSU just has an embarrassment of riches at WR and QB position

At a minimum I would say he's not bad.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, THE DUKE said:

From what it sounds like he's locked up a starting spot over Julian Fleming and Emeka Egbuka (with Egbuka likely being WR3)

it's crazy how Fleming was the #1 WR recruit in the nation a couple years ago and has just been buried.

On 5/18/2022 at 9:10 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Day getting paid

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2022/05/130930/ryan-day-receives-contract-extension-through-2028-with-salary-increase-to-9-5-million-per-year

This will help recruiting, for sure. Let's hope we can really field a dominant team this year as that will help more

I love Day. If he can keep bringing it top QBs and developing them we’re going to stay fun to watch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

I love Day. If he can keep bringing it top QBs and developing them we’re going to stay fun to watch. 

If the Raiola commitment sticks, watch out for the '24 class. It's got potential to be incredible. Him and the 3rd overall prospect are real tight and Dylan's already heavily recruiting him plus the top 2 WRs are already CBd to us as well. Four of the top 11 guys could be playing for us. 

I understand the gripe he hasn't won a lot of big games but he's still going into his fourth year so I'm fine with him getting more time. My expectations this year are extremely high as long as Knowles can work his magic. Offense will be one of the best in the country if not the best. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 8:05 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Marvin looks fast. This can be deceiving but if this kid can fly like this along with JSN and the other WR's potential, this offense should be scary

He is going to be a redzone monster for this team next season. That rose bowl game was just him scratching his surface 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't recall Marcus Freeman much as a player. Was he always a ho?

He was a good LB.  Not great, but good.  Apparently he didn't go to class.

This sure seems like the wrong year for him to poke the bear with the firepower we have on offense

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:
16 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't recall Marcus Freeman much as a player. Was he always a ho?

This sure seems like the wrong year for him to poke the bear with the firepower we have on offense

Played against him. HS him was better than college him, but college him was still a 3 year starter.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I get he's trying to talk up ND and make himself the guy but he's ****ting on OSU every chance he seemingly gets. Is it really the route to go? I'm sure what he's saying has some truth bc college athletes obviously get special treatment at premier schools but the way he's going about this is.... well he's acting like a ho lol. A lot of former players are saying he's full of it but that's expected lol. I'm not sure what "dawn patrol" is but a lot of players have bad things to say about it

You're right that he's poking a bear here and that's fine for us lol. He's gonna have a first year starting QB in a crazy environment to start. I'm not overly concerned about them this year compared to next year though. That will be a much tougher matchup. 

I just couldn't remember if he had a reputation of acting this way while he was a player or not

Edited by BobbyPhil1781