The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 8/29/2022 at 11:47 AM, MWil23 said:

I'm not betting that 17.5 point spread. It's a Week 1 game, ND still has a surprising amount of players back. Yes, their QB is very inexperienced and yes Kyle Hamilton is gone, but they have a solid contingent of players back and that defense will be better than most we play this year.

We will NOT be able to run at will on them and with our defense playing their first game in a new scheme, I'm not as optimistic about getting consistent stops and limiting big plays as I would be if this was a game played in October.

If I had to bet, I'd take tOSU on the money line parlayed with ND with the points and over 59.5. On fanduel $10 will get you $33. 

MC

Well ugly offense but defense was good and highly improved. That defense with last years offense and this is a title contender. We will see how it develops. Ryan Day needs to realize how you win some games though and how the air raid isn’t always the best strategy. Miyan Williams and Henderson need the ball more. Especially with Njigba hurt. Imagine he sits at least the next couple weeks since we play weak teams. Was interesting that Proctor seemingly has been supplanted in the secondary. All in all a mixed bag but good to get a win.

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

When’s the last time we won a game like that?

Not sure but this one is tough to judge for me because it’s week 1 and also I’m not sure how good UND is yet. The UGA-Clemson game was interesting to look back on last year though when it turned out UGA sneaked past a not so good team. 

I have a hunch OSU puts together their offense a bit better as the year goes but not totally sure Day figured out a balanced identity. Do hope JSN and Fleming get healthy. 

If I was a betting man though, Bama and UGA would both sit on our face right now. 

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Well ugly offense but defense was good and highly improved. That defense with last years offense and this is a title contender. We will see how it develops. Ryan Day needs to realize how you win some games though and how the air raid isn’t always the best strategy. Miyan Williams and Henderson need the ball more. Especially with Njigba hurt. Imagine he sits at least the next couple weeks since we play weak teams. Was interesting that Proctor seemingly has been supplanted in the secondary. All in all a mixed bag but good to get a win.

Well I know in the beginning the OL looked soft and the RBs looked hesitant 

Looks like Wiscy is a night game. Black-out too if I'm not mistaken. I feel a lot of big time recruits will be at the game as well, some commits and some not. We gained a lot of momentum after the ND games (got 3 CBs for 2024 guys literally the day after and apparently made us the favorite for a 5* DE this class) so we need to put on another show in this game to help the future of the program. Hope JSN and Fleming will be ready by then but Marvin is just an absolute force. Him, Embuka, and Co are good enough to win but not having one of the best WRs out there certainly doesn't help us.

Wiscy is always a tough game so don't expect anything less. First need to get by a Rockets team that is lighting up the scoreboard though. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781