The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

I need Day to call an emergency team meeting tonight!!! 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

We gotta fix **** fellas 

Let this be the last time they win ever win a Natty 

😭

LOL

Ryan Day is out of his depth. Nothing he says or does will ever matter.

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It happened after all. Surprised. I can only imagine this means Henderson is leaving but man if not this would be a crazy 1-2 behind the turntable blocking.

Henderson has supposedly said he's good with sharing the load with Judkins. I do expect him to declare though then it'll be Hayden sharing it. With the 12 team system coming up, we will need these guys fresh towards the end of the season. Pretty happy with this bc this kid can play

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

Vrabel might get another HC gig right away (if i'm Carolina, I pounce on that) but if he doesn't, maybe chill at OSU for a year as an "advisor" and see what happens going into 2025.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Vrabel might get another HC gig right away (if i'm Carolina, I pounce on that) but if he doesn't, maybe chill at OSU for a year as an "advisor" and see what happens going into 2025.

Yep. I'd have to look to see if he's owed money, but he could definitely be an "analyst" for a bit and collect that check while he's waiting for a position he wants 

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Ryan Day would hate that because Vrabel is a better coach than him and the fans would push for that to happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bootsy said:

🙄

Do you think a head coach is going to invite an analyst to be a part of his staff fully knowing he’s on the hot seat and lots of the fans are going to be speculating how they would be better off with the other guy?

• Like 1

Theres not a chance in hell he comes on board as a assistant. IF by the 10% chance OSU really wants him, they will need to pay up big time (10-11M a year) and basically have to convince him being the HC at OSU is a better job than being a HC in Carolina or New England in the NFL for the same dollar figure.

Its a dream scenario, just one that I dont see happening. Whose to say he would even want it and deal with recruiting?

Anyways, yay Denzel Burke is back. The band is getting back together

• Like 1

Figured as much, but Donavan Jackson is returning also.

Henderson, JT Tuimoloau, Hancock, and Egbuka are the only ones not announced yet I believe. 

Obviously, Marvin Harrison is going to the NFL, as he should. Mike Hall chose to go to the NFL. If he gets drafted, I personally I don’t think he goes until the late rounds. Jmo. My guess is JT leaves, Henderson leaves, Egbuka and Hancock run it back. Guess we’ll see. But so far the leave/return choices have been pretty solid.

Championship or bust next season for Day. Anything less than beating Michigan and winning a national championship, and he needs fired. If he can’t get it done next season then he never will.

JT and Tre are the two we’ve not heard announcements from yet. Regardless, there is a huge crop of talent returning. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Championship or bust next season for Day. Anything less than beating Michigan and winning a national championship, and he needs fired. If he can’t get it done next season then he never will.

JT and Tre are the two we’ve not heard announcements from yet. Regardless, there is a huge crop of talent returning. 

I can't say less than a championship but other than that, I agree. If we make it there and get blown out, yeah, makes more sense. To me, this is a clear indication that players like him and are willing to play for him. They have millions of other reasons to leave and aren't. Still, OL and QB is our biggest question mark and unfortunately the most important parts of the offense. Maybe we can steal some kids from Bama before Lanning is announced.

• Like 1