The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

27 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

This alone could cause us a lot of recruits though. No one said "I want to go to OSU to play for Day".........

Yeah I could see Schiano and then mold day

I'm preparing for the worst 

he flat out lied apparently on Big 10 effing weekend smh 

I wish he wouldve said no comment but whatever good thing we've got a great staff 

26 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

This alone could cause us a lot of recruits though. No one said "I want to go to OSU to play for Day".........

It will be the same thing with Tress and Fickell. Get an interim HC and seek the next long term HC next offseason. Just cause the 2020 class was shaping up to be elite.

maybe Grinch gets a unlikely shot. My best guess would be Matt Campbell next offseason. Wilson or Schiano would be a great interim HC to have in the mean time. 

Weird part I don’t get is why did Meyer have to lie, he already fired the guy and had need to save him. Just praying he legit didn’t know but that’s very unlikely

30 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Also we have no idea truly what day is as a potential HC. I don’t think recruits said I want to go to tOSU to play for tressell. It’s a wait and see

When it’s all said and done, this spectacle with Urban will go down as the most overblown, silly overreaction and misappropriation of blame in college football history. No legal issues with Meyer. No NCAA issues with the program. Everything seemingly gone through the proper channels. Let me know when lying to the media becomes a fireable offense. There won’t be a HC left in CFB. Meyer blew it at Big Ten Media Day. Him lying to the media is literally the only reason this is a huge thing that’s lasted more than two days. I guess our HC is supposed to go above the police with weighing guilt and innocence. Completely mishandled situation on all ends. Putting Meyer on paid leave only fanned the torches. Failed leadership by a failure of an Athletic Director. Time to get the ship rolling again and to tell the mob to go away. 

When things broke the first day and the speculation began, I fully understood the potential for anger, disgust, and acceptance of a possible new HC. After the facts have begun to come out though, this is the silliest thing ever. Even a small suspension would be wrongfully placing blame.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

When it’s all said and done, this spectacle with Urban will go down as the most overblown, silly overreaction and misappropriation of blame in college football history. No legal issues with Meyer. No NCAA issues with the program. Everything seemingly gone through the proper channels. Let me know when lying to the media becomes a fireable offense. There won’t be a HC left in CFB. Meyer blew it at Big Ten Media Day. Him lying to the media is literally the only reason this is a huge thing that’s lasted more than two days. I guess our HC is supposed to go above the police with weighing guilt and innocence. Completely mishandled situation on all ends. Putting Meyer on paid leave only fanned the torches. Failed leadership by a failure of an Athletic Director. Time to get the ship rolling again and to tell the mob to go away. 

When things broke the first day and the speculation began, I fully understood the potential for anger, disgust, and acceptance of a possible new HC. After the facts have begun to come out though, this is the silliest thing ever. Even a small suspension would be wrongfully placing blame.

The suspension isn't about placing blame, it would be about trying to weather the the PR storm if/when Meyer is kept.  If you keep him and simply say, "We followed all the correct procedures currently in place, we realize now that these are not adequate enough now and will be looking at ways to improve them going forward," will get destroyed by the media.  That's why I think after that statement this will be following it,  "Although all the proper procedures were followed, we believe it is our obligations to treat these matters with much more care, respect, and poise than was displayed during the Big Ten Media day by Coach Urban Meyer.  For his conduct Coach Meyer will be suspended for the first 3 games of the season, his forfeited pay will be going to ~insert charity~ based on his recommendation.  We look forward to be moving forward with Coach Meyer after his suspension has been completed and are certain that a situation like this would be handled better going forward."

I'm just wondering what it means that we've literally heard nothing over the course of the week. It's understood people have already formed the guilty verdict in their heads and it could come out that Urban knew nothing of such and did what he was supposed to do but everyone who wants him to be guilty will find a reason to appease their desires. That's a given and will be proven in here time and time again assuming he's righted of no wrong doing. I'm still curious why we've heard nothing from anyone. It's strange to me......

12 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm just wondering what it means that we've literally heard nothing over the course of the week. It's understood people have already formed the guilty verdict in their heads and it could come out that Urban knew nothing of such and did what he was supposed to do but everyone who wants him to be guilty will find a reason to appease their desires. That's a given and will be proven in here time and time again assuming he's righted of no wrong doing. I'm still curious why we've heard nothing from anyone. It's strange to me......

Regardless of whether he reported it, outside of firing Smith in 2015, he will be considered guilty of not doing enough, no matter the circumstances around it by those that simply want to hate on him and/or Ohio State, even then he likely would still be getting slack in 2015 for not firing him in 2009 and/or bringing in to Ohio State in 2011.

The reason you haven't heard more though, is because there isn't more, if there was McMurphy would've posted it already so that he could keep his name in the news as it's become obvious that he cares little for Courtney Smith and her situation, at least anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Regardless of whether he reported it, outside of firing Smith in 2015, he will be considered guilty of not doing enough, no matter the circumstances around it by those that simply want to hate on him and/or Ohio State, even then he likely would still be getting slack in 2015 for not firing him in 2009 and/or bringing in to Ohio State in 2011.

The reason you haven't heard more though, is because there isn't more, if there was McMurphy would've posted it already so that he could keep his name in the news as it's become obvious that he cares little for Courtney Smith and her situation, at least anymore.

I mean, I hope you're right about your second statement. Assuming he did nothing that warrants him being axed, I'd like him to come back sooner than later. I'm still waiting to see if there's more though. It just weird that we were tossed all this info so quickly then it's just been crickets for almost a week now. McMurphy would definitely have released more assuming he had it. The fact he gets a hard-on for hating OSU is quite apparent.

Well, now there's this:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10211886876396166&id=1498798014

So according to this, Courtney's mom doesn't even believe Zach intentionally beat her and backs him?? This is contradicted by the text he sent about choking her though so I think that can be discredited.

Excerpt:

When asked if she believed her daughter’s claims of physical abuse, she replied, “I believe that Zach was removing himself from an argument and I do not believe he intentionally abused her. I do not believe he actually intentionally swung or punched her … no.”
As far as ever hearing her daughter say she would “take Zach down,” she replied, “Yes.”
And when Meyer’s name was mentioned, she added, “I cannot quote her exact words as I don’t remember them word for word, but something to that extent. This is my daughter and I love her but I do not approve of what she has done and how it was done.”

Interesting......

It could be just someone making something up as I didn't find anything official but who knows.

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Well, now there's this:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10211886876396166&id=1498798014

So according to this, Courtney's mom doesn't even believe Zach intentionally beat her and backs him?? This is contradicted by the text he sent about choking her though so I think that can be discredited.

Excerpt:

Interesting......

It could be just someone making something up as I didn't find anything official but who knows.

If that is the real Jeff Snook, I just looked him up and seems to be more involved with books than reporting news.

4 minutes ago, Raves said:

If that is the real Jeff Snook, I just looked him up and seems to be more involved with books than reporting news.

And where did he get all the quotes from? Does he have a personal relationship w/ the family(ies)? Could it be some guy using the situation to get noticed?? If there's an official interview, I'd absolutely be willing to see it. This has a ton of info in it and if true, could really open things up. I'd be very, very curious if the stuff about her mother is true. That's pretty bad if that's the case.

Edited by JTagg7754

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

And where did he get all the quotes from? Does he have a personal relationship w/ the family(ies)? Could it be some guy using the situation to get noticed?? If there's an official interview, I'd absolutely be willing to see it. This has a ton of info in it and if true, could really open things up. I'd be very, very curious if the stuff about her mother is true. That's pretty bad if that's the case.

Looking around, he's written several books on OSU as well as participated in Frank Beamers autobiography.  I guess he's got connections throughout the program as well.  I mean he's definitely in the writing game, just not typically for writing sports stories, but rather sports books.  Maybe just doing his own research since he knows people and wasn't working on a project?

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Looking around, he's written several books on OSU as well as participated in Frank Beamers autobiography.  I guess he's got connections throughout the program as well.  I mean he's definitely in the writing game, just not typically for writing sports stories, but rather sports books.  Maybe just doing his own research since he knows people and wasn't working on a project?

This is where I'm at also. I'd be really upset to find out if it were just some guy piggy-backing on the situation to get his name out there which is absolutely possible. He does seem connected to the university though...... I dunno. We'll see if it warrants any merit over time, I'm sure.