The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Bucks have added a trio of 4 stars over the last week to the 2019 recruiting class:

ATH Ronnie Hickman, 6'1" 200 lbs, probably end up a DB
DE Noah Potter, 6'6" 250 lbs, will either be a strong side DE or maybe grow into a 3 tech DT
LB Steele Chambers, 6'2", 215 lbs, also a RB, but most seem to think he's a LB long term

Class is up to 6 players now along with 4 star OL Doug Nester, 4 star RB Sampson James, and 3 star OL Ryan Jacoby

18 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Potter was a given due to his brothers but still good to see he didn't get away somehow.

It’s crazy that they landed two top prospects from that school with one being an OT and the other a DE. That HS is producing some crazy talent. With the two guys this year and Trubisky. 

3rd string, 3rd year RB Antonio Williams is transferring to UNC. Close to home, and he should start there after a year. 

Kid can actually play. He’s just behind a loaded 1-2 and lots more coming in behind him. 

Also, 4* OL Jake Wray is the 1st 2020 commit as of today. With his bro a 2018 guy, it was inevitable.

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

3rd string, 3rd year RB Antonio Williams is transferring to UNC. Close to home, and he should start there after a year. 

Kid can actually play. He’s just behind a loaded 1-2 and lots more coming in behind him. 

Also, 4* OL Jake Wray is the 1st 2020 commit as of today. With his bro a 2018 guy, it was inevitable.

I think Master Teague coming in and generating the buzz he did showed him the writing on the wall.  I hope Williams tears it up for UNC in 2019.  He provided depth when it was sorely needed and from everything I've read was a great team mate.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I think Master Teague coming in and generating the buzz he did showed him the writing on the wall.  I hope Williams tears it up for UNC in 2019.  He provided depth when it was sorely needed and from everything I've read was a great team mate.

I can't get mad at him for wanting to play, IIRC he even has a block O tattoo. I'm pulling hard for him to stud out at UNC and make it to the league. As far as Teague, we are going to look back  5 years from now and be like wow, we had all of these guys on the same roster.I will almost bet  He's going to look really good late in games and probably break off some nice runs, he is and looks super explosive 

Who are we possibly landing?

Darnell Wright,

Zach Harrison,

Harry Miller,

Grant Gunnell,

Zeke Cordell,

Jordan Battle,

Lance Wilhoite,

David Bell,

Milton Wright,

Jameson Williams,

Trey Knox,

Hakeem Beamon,

Craig Young,

These plus our current 9 puts us at 22.

Edited by candyman93

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Who are we possibly landing?

Darnell Wright,

Zach Harrison,

Harry Miller,

Grant Gunnell,

Zeke Cordell,

Jordan Battle,

Lance Wilhoite,

David Bell,

Milton Wright,

Jameson Williams,

Trey Knox,

Hakeem Beamon,

Craig Young,

These plus our current 9 puts us at 22.

Correll seems to be trending towards Notre Dame for some reason.  I read somewhere that OSU is only going all-in after him if they were to lose out on Harry Miller, which seems like a longshot.  Nester and Jacoby could be guards, with Miller at center.  In-play for Wright, Dobbs, and Trevor Keegan at OT.  Should be a stellar OL class. 

QB in this class is a definite need.  Hopefully they can get Gunnell on-board pretty soon.  Really weak 2019 QB class; probably no one nationally that's a better prospect at the position. 

Daxton Hill (OU lean) and Nick Cross are in the mix at safety as well.  Noah Cain at RB, though with 2 backs in the fold currently, seems unlikely.  Pretty early on, but should be a good class.  Probably not top 1-2 this year as the 2018 class was, with the way Bama and UGA are shaping out to be, but top 5 seems likely.  Should reel in a really good offensive class, right towards the top. OL in particular should be really solid.