The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

15 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Not making it out of the first weekend.

Still a heck of a year, compared to what was expected, pre-season.

Agreed.

Gonzaga is Penn state on roids. We cannot defend strong guards and that’s the Zags major strength. It’s why they crushed us.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Agreed.

Gonzaga is Penn state on roids. We cannot defend strong guards and that’s the Zags major strength. It’s why they crushed us.

I'm still going to give them a punchers chance. Holtmann will have this team playing hard. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

Bill Keurlic at 247 Sports crystal balled 2019 #2 pro style QB Grant Gunnell to the Buckeyes this week.  In the past two years he's thrown for nearly 10,000 yards and 126 TD's.  His school is around Houston and he had 507 pass attempts last year :D.  He's the 53rd overall recruit in the country according to the composite .  6'6" 212 lbs already, he's got the size already and the frame to still add more good weight.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2018 at 10:04 PM, candyman93 said:

It’s kinda sad that we were so out talented all year. We won games by heart and effort. I hate how bare of a cupboard Matta left us.

Props to Holtmann for turning cow piss in to wine.

Yeah. Plus Gonz had the bounces going their way. The ball would either go straight back to the shooter or they would hit roll in 3's all game. I'm happy Holtmann gave me a reason to care about NCAAB again. I'm sure he'll be back next year with his own recruits. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

9 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Yeah. Plus Gonz had the bounces going their way. The ball would either go straight back to the shooter or they would hit roll in 3's all game. I'm happy Holtmann gave me a reason to care about NCAAB again. I'm sure he'll be back next year with his own recruits. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Holtmann is a far better coach than Matta. These guys play their danged hearts out. Wish I saw this heart with the Cavs. 

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Holtmann is a far better coach than Matta. These guys play their danged hearts out. Wish I saw this heart with the Cavs. 

Hard to say really tho. Matta did the same thing early on in his tenure at tOSU. Established himself, pulled in high recruits, had success, and then just died off.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, brownie man said:

So what happens to Joe Burrow after this spring game?

He needs to transfer back home and try and get his name out as much as he can to hopefully land him a backup gig at the next level or at least somewhere. Kid has talent but he won't see the field barring injury. He looked OK today but nowhere near Haskins.

Our WRs will break out this year. We're going to have some nationally known names. We have an amazing problem at RB. Tate needs time to sit so I hope he doesn't get antsy. I think our defense will be incredible. Marcus Williamson looked great from what I saw. We looked stacked at CB.

Those are my takeaways from today.

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

So what happens to Joe Burrow after this spring game?

For his sake he probably needs to transfer, this was his best spring game but he clearly isn't better than Haskins. He could be a stud at a school like Ohio U or Cincinnati, but he'll never overtake Haskins. Plus you can tell Urban is itching to find a role for Tater.

On a side note, we may very well have 2 consecutive #1 Overall selections with Bosa in 19' and Young in 20'. Young's athleticism and hand usage is unreal.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2