The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

tOSU has been and will always will pump out DBs lol

No dispute there. Roby, Apple, Lattimore, Hooker, Conley, and Ward as 1st rounders the past several years is unprecedented though. That’s also 4 1sts in 2 years at DB and 5 in 3 years. Not sure anything like that has ever happened. 

Bucks land 4 star WR Chris Olave out of California.  A bit on the slight side at 6'1" 170, but he has elite athleticism and absolutely insane production his senior year with 93 catches for 1764 yards and 26 touchdowns.   He's the 4th WR in this class along with Babb, Blue Smith, and Cameron Brown.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Bucks land 4 star WR Chris Olave out of California.  A bit on the slight side at 6'1" 170, but he has elite athleticism and absolutely insane production his senior year with 93 catches for 1764 yards and 26 touchdowns.   He's the 4th WR in this class along with Babb, Blue Smith, and Cameron Brown.

I still think that Blue gets moved to TE unless his speed checks out...speaking as a guy who has coached against him the last 3 years. He's a special size/athleticism kid out there on the outside, but I'm not sure that he's going to stay out there.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I still think that Blue gets moved to TE unless his speed checks out...speaking as a guy who has coached against him the last 3 years. He's a special size/athleticism kid out there on the outside, but I'm not sure that he's going to stay out there.

I think Blue will end up more as a H-Back/TE outside.  Don't see him as an in-line blocker, but maybe one you put in motion to lead block.  Despite being 6'6", I don't know if his frame gets to 250+, he's barely over 200 right now.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think Blue will end up more as a H-Back/TE outside.  Don't see him as an in-line blocker, but maybe one you put in motion to lead block.  Despite being 6'6", I don't know if his frame gets to 250+, he's barely over 200 right now.

Still at 6'6 that's a tall receiver. I hope we can add some bulk to him. Excellent TE size. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

All reports said the only way Blue moves to TE is if he keeps growing and gets any bigger. As long as he isn’t really slow, his speed shouldn’t be that big of an issue. It be great to see tOSU have a WR who will just dominate guys with size and strength. With his size I would love to see him used like mike Williams was with Clemson  

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Gotta love it! The new #1 recruit for the 2019 class is in our own backyard!

https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Harrison-46035767

For the first time in the history of 247Sports' recruiting rankings — which began in 2010 — an Ohioan stands above the rest. 

The way tOSU allows this kid to leave the state!

Not even just the state but he’s in the suburbs if Columbus. He may play the game for months but can’t imagine him seriously considering anywhere else. 

30 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Not sure if he was ever really a take for you guys, but looks like Christopher Oats to Kentucky. He canceled his OV to Ohio State this weekend and is instead on campus for an unofficial at UK. Sort of eases the sting of taking Blue from us.

Could be a nice player for UK. Believe academics kept OSU from really recruiting Oats for months. It seemed he got all of that squared away, and OSU started up again. Not sure whether something changed on OSUs end or the UK relationships throughout the process were the winner, but seems he’s UK bound. UK is smart to go after some of these Ohio guys that are barely on the outs with OSU or academically questionable though. MSU has had a lot of luck with that over the years. UC/UK could benefit with the trouble going on in East Lansing now.

Also saw Xavier Peters flipped from UK to FSU; another Ohio kid. Top 200 player I believe. OSU wouldn’t take him with his academics either. Says something about the FSU academic standards I guess. These Ohio kids have had issues this year. Tavion Thomas was off the radar for months also. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Could be a nice player for UK. Believe academics kept OSU from really recruiting Oats for months. It seemed he got all of that squared away, and OSU started up again. Not sure whether something changed on OSUs end or the UK relationships throughout the process were the winner, but seems he’s UK bound. UK is smart to go after some of these Ohio guys that are barely on the outs with OSU or academically questionable though. MSU has had a lot of luck with that over the years. UC/UK could benefit with the trouble going on in East Lansing now.

Also saw Xavier Peters flipped from UK to FSU; another Ohio kid. Top 200 player I believe. OSU wouldn’t take him with his academics either. Says something about the FSU academic standards I guess. These Ohio kids have had issues this year. Tavion Thomas was off the radar for months also. 

Crazy when Pierre Garçon couldn’t get into any of the Florida Schools. He said screw it, I wanna win titles and went to Mount lol

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah unfortunately Peters flipped last week. He was solid for over a year, balled out at the Under Armor All America game and the Florida schools ramped up their recruitment.

Vince Marrow and Stoops, Youngstown, Ohio natives came in with a focus on recruiting Ohio for the less talented state of Kentucky. They know they won't beat tOSU for the bigger recruits but getting that next tier of recruit is good. It has helped us land huge impact players like Benny Snell and Mike Edwards.