The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

11 hours ago, Adam21 said:

Are you assuming McLaurin, Campbell, and Dixon all go pro or transfer?

I also think Snead will be really good, and is getting overshadowed by the Teague talk (because of his name and how grossly under ranked he was). I really like your OL. The only alternative I can possibly see at LT is if Prince stays and Jordan moves out (then bowen at LG?). I'd love to see Myers start, but I really think it will be Taylor. 

I'm really not sure.  In the end I think Campbell goes pro (I don't think his stock goes up much staying another year), I could see one of them grad transferring somewhere they can be "the man", and maybe one stays.  It's hard to tell.  My gut says McLaurin stays, Cambell goes pro, and Dixon transfers (or has yet another injury), but it's more fun to dream on the young guys.

As much as I LOVE Urban, Saban showed why he's the superior coach right now by switching QB's at halftime of the game Monday night.

If Urban was honest with himself, he would have done the same thing in 2015 with JT Barrett at halftime of the MSU game and never given JT the reigns back. I can't stand Saban the person, but Saban the coach is hard to argue against.

12 hours ago, Adam21 said:

Are you assuming McLaurin, Campbell, and Dixon all go pro or transfer?

I also think Snead will be really good, and is getting overshadowed by the Teague talk (because of his name and how grossly under ranked he was). I really like your OL. The only alternative I can possibly see at LT is if Prince stays and Jordan moves out (then bowen at LG?). I'd love to see Myers start, but I really think it will be Taylor. 

Wyatt Davis

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Wyatt Davis

Except according to them Myers was getting reps at C, not Davis.  Assuming this is true, I'm guessing Davis takes over at RG in 2019 after Knox graduates.  If Myers takes to C, then Matthew Jones replaces Michael Jordan at LG in 2020 as a sophomore or redshirt freshman.

16 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Except according to them Myers was getting reps at C, not Davis.  Assuming this is true, I'm guessing Davis takes over at RG in 2019 after Knox graduates.  If Myers takes to C, then Matthew Jones replaces Michael Jordan at LG in 2020 as a sophomore or redshirt freshman.

I'm sorry, error on my part,I thought you were talking about guard. You are absolutely correct, and to be honest. I wouldn't count out Jones, it all depends on how far he comes along in the spring.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

As much as I LOVE Urban, Saban showed why he's the superior coach right now by switching QB's at halftime of the game Monday night.

If Urban was honest with himself, he would have done the same thing in 2015 with JT Barrett at halftime of the MSU game and never given JT the reigns back. I can't stand Saban the person, but Saban the coach is hard to argue against.

OMG stop with this. If Saban was so smart he would have switched QBs way before halftime of the national championship game. Anyone could see that Hurts was struggling big time. 

As far as the MSU in 2015. WTF, the Buckeyes were on a roll with JT before his 1 game suspension. Cardale was struggling mightily so there is no way that changing QBs in that game guarantees anything. The problem with the 2015 game was that the playcalling was bad and the conditions weren't great either. Blaming JT for that game is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, bootsy said:

OMG stop with this. If Saban was so smart he would have switched QBs way before halftime of the national championship game. Anyone could see that Hurts was struggling big time. 

As far as the MSU in 2015. WTF, the Buckeyes were on a roll with JT before his 1 game suspension. Cardale was struggling mightily so there is no way that changing QBs in that game guarantees anything. The problem with the 2015 game was that the playcalling was bad and the conditions weren't great either. Blaming JT for that game is ridiculous.

LOL

Talk about revisionist history.

Edited by MWil23

Barrett was NEVER going to win a championship.

Love Urbz but he always hadn’t blindside there. 

In fact, lone reason we beat Bama in the 14-15 playoffs was the ability to stretch the defense and push back the LBs/safety with a guy who could actually throw downfield.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Barrett was NEVER going to win a championship.

Love Urbz but he always hadn’t blindside there. 

In fact, lone reason we beat Bama in the 14-15 playoffs was the ability to stretch the defense and push back the LBs/safety with a guy who could actually throw downfield.

We will never know that. You act like the JTB that played that season couldn’t throw the ball. That was by far the best season of his career and then was tainted by Beck

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

We will never know that. You act like the JTB that played that season couldn’t throw the ball. That was by far the best season of his career and then was tainted by Beck

We have never seen JT Barrett consistently stretch the defense and throw the ball down field.We have never seen JT Barrett consistently stretch the defense and throw the ball downfield. Jones was throwing downfield to Devin Smith and throwing strikes to Jalin Marshall and Michael Thomas versus Alabama. He also had some hard fought runs through linebackers and over safeties for first downs. I know you can say that we will never know, but can you honestly say that you think we would have beaten Alabama’s defense with JT Barrett? He had five years to put forth a consistent ability to throw the football. He no longer has the excuse of a bad offense of a bad offensive coordinator. I think that we will see you next year, if Haskins is the quarterback, how much this offense was missing out under a quarterback that was not consistent at throwing the football. JT Barrett essentially handicapped that offense for 2 1/2 years. We will never really know what could have been.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We have never seen JT Barrett consistently stretch the defense and throw the ball down field.We have never seen JT Barrett consistently stretch the defense and throw the ball downfield. Jones was throwing downfield to Devin Smith and throwing strikes to Jalin Marshall and Michael Thomas versus Alabama. He also had some hard fought runs through linebackers and over safeties for first downs. I know you can say that we will never know, but can you honestly say that you think we would have beaten Alabama’s defense with JT Barrett? He had five years to put forth a consistent ability to throw the football. He no longer has the excuse of a bad offense of a bad offensive coordinator. I think that we will see you next year, if Haskins is the quarterback, how much this offense was missing out under a quarterback that was not consistent at throwing the football. JT Barrett essentially handicapped that offense for 2 1/2 years. We will never really know what could have been.

We will have no idea what that 2014 JTB could of done. There was a reason he finished so high in the heisman. Maybe with JTB tOSU doesn’t settle for early field goals. That 2014 season was by far his best season as a starter. He was completing passes at 9yards a pop. Jones was 9.3. The past 3years has made some ppl forget how good he was his freshmen year. It just sucks he never sniffed that kind of performance. 

No dount, I believe Tate could take this offense to another level that JTB couldn’t