The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Oh I'm not sweating anything. I have expectations that are positive as everything seems to point to Meyer going through the proper procedure. There's a lingering thought b/c in this day and age, anything can happen. I am just posting crap for the sake of discussion and perspective. Just read an article from The Dispatch that suggests the investigators did a very thorough job, and the "bombshell" that showed us Zach is even more of PoS getting the sex toys delivered to the office, was something they were already completely aware of.

I think he'll be free and clear but we'll see in a couple days.

Yeah my apologies, I wasn’t calling you out specifically. There are a ton of Ohio State fans around that panic at some of the false stories going around. 

But alas I wouldn’t be surprised with a negative outcome either in this politically charged world. 

Wow did I really just use “alas”? ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah my apologies, I wasn’t calling you out specifically. There are a ton of Ohio State fans around that panic at some of the false stories going around. 

But alas I wouldn’t be surprised with a negative outcome either in this politically charged world. 

Wow did I really just use “alas”? ?

Careful, alas is a gateway transition to hence

• Like 2

Our Ohio boy Danny Davis who went to Wisconsin videotaped women getting raped. Might have dodged a bullet with him. 

The irony will be when Wisconsin fans that called for Meyer’s head try to justify any question of those two losers getting booted from the team. I hope that’s not the case, because the decision should pretty much be made on this in’s already. Bad PR for the Big Ten this off-season.

Edited by NateDawg

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Our Ohio boy Danny Davis who went to Wisconsin videotaped women getting raped. Might have dodged a bullet with him. 

The irony will be when Wisconsin fans that called for Meyer’s head try to justify any question of those two losers getting booted from the team. I hope that’s not the case, because the decision should pretty much be made on this in’s already. Bad PR for the Big Ten this off-season.

Might wanna check our thread, playboy.

We are all calling for them both to be gone regardless of the criminal case outcome. We have zero tolerance for any stupidity or bull****. We don't sacrifice our morals for a few extra Ws.

Edited by beekay414

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Might wanna check our thread, playboy.

We are all calling for them both to be gone regardless of the criminal case outcome. We have zero tolerance for any stupidity or bull****. We don't sacrifice our morals for a few extra Ws.

Thanks playboy. That’s why I said “I hope that’s not the case.” 

I’m glad to hear there’s no waivering there with you guys and those two WRs. 

• Like 2

Coached against Danny Davis for 4 years and he was a superstar. I know his stepdad pretty well too. I really hope that this isn’t true. There were zero red flags or character concerns with him. Great student and teammate, as well as football player. This is really disappointing.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Coached against Danny Davis for 4 years and he was a superstar. I know his stepdad pretty well too. I really hope that this isn’t true. There were zero red flags or character concerns with him. Great student and teammate, as well as football player. This is really disappointing.

I just read through the Wisc thread and from there, I'm not seeing more than some he said, she said crap. Same stuff happened w/ Conley a few days before the Raiders drafted him. I'll still wait to see facts w/ this one and what will be out before I judge their character. Women lie all the time and it looks as if Cephus' lawyer is stating he can show the women were not impaired by alcohol as they've stated. These kid's lives are on the line here. No one should be quick to judge..... buuuuuuuut.... it is 2018 and the internet is king so.....

13 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Our 247 site is a bad read right now. It's not Bucknuts level, but it's not good.

If anything, I probably swing in the other direction. I went to Wisconsin, which was a great school for what I studied and it set me up really well in life. I take a lot of pride in my degree, and have zero tolerance for any dickery or ****headedness from student athletes. I'm probably harder on Wisconsin scandals than I would be on another school, in the same way that a good parent holds their kids to a higher standard than other kids.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think there are 2 potential defenses for Davis. 

1) Cephus took the picture on his phone. Doesn't explain how the victim puts him there laughing, but it might be why the DA hasn't pressed charges yet.
2) Davis took pictures that confirm the girls were hammered (see the Wisconsin thread for a way too long rundown on this), which kills Cephus' defense and is why the picture was deleted, but took pictures before the assault started. I think if this is the case, it may explain part of the DA strategy. Davis' testimony would be the final nail in Cephus' coffin, and they may use the picture or just the threat of being charged as an accessory as leverage. 

I don't find either of these scenarios particularly likely.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99