The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

3 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I can't believe you braved Happy Valley.

I have heard several horror stories from visitors.

Hope you had a better experience & didn't end up getting hit with a pee balloon

Nah, it wasn't bad. Every place has it's pooholes. Hell, I see it every tailgate in Columbus. Our fans can be very bad at times. PSU was pretty cool actually. Everyone wanted to talk to us that was around us. Even drank some liquor that was smuggled in from some of their fans. If it weren't for the loss and 30 degree, rainy weather, I'd say it was a solid trip lol. FWIW, I was absolutely expecting what you suggested as I've heard the same. We probably just got lucky ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Edited by JTagg7754

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

yeah its not a good look for Smith but that crap isnt really fireable. coach said a D pic, stupid but not that bad. Dude has relationships with a grown women in the coaches office, use your resources. just crazy stuff tho.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

yeah its not a good look for Smith but that crap isnt really fireable. coach said a D pic, stupid but not that bad. Dude has relationships with a grown women in the coaches office, use your resources. just crazy stuff tho.

Yeah, that’s all about Smith and the mess that is his personal life. Dude is obviously a mess. With that said, has nothing to do with Meyer, the program, and nothing can come of digging into unnecessary details here. Shame on both Courtney Smith and McMurphy for publicizing details like that, when kids are involved. Ugly look for both the Smiths and McMurphy. Gracious. 

• Like 1

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Well, I wonder if the dolts in the other thread would say "this is just bias Ohio State fans!!":

http://imgur.com/VXW7sHd

This guy apparently broke the news of Tressle and Clarett before it was announced. We'll see soon enough I'm guessing.....

Color me absolutely shocked if that happens. If it does, hat's off to OSU.

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Color me absolutely shocked if that happens. If it does, hat's off to OSU.

The thread in Reddit where I got this info has since been removed and apparently the Board of Trustees havent' even announced when they're going to meet. From what I read, OSU has stated that when the BoT meets, they must publicly state their meeting time at least 24 hours prior or something similar in that nature. So, if this does wind up being true, this guy has a hell of an inside scoop. Regardless, I'm just glad we're going to (hopefully) get an answer this week.

From OSU:

The independent working group directing the investigation involving Urban Meyer announced today that the investigation will be completed on Sunday, as planned. The investigators will then prepare a report for the working group to be delivered next week.

Following receipt, the working group will share the report with the Board of Trustees in an executive session to be held next week. As required by law, public notice of the meeting will be released at least 24 hours in advance. Following deliberations with the board, and appropriate time for consideration, President Michael V. Drake will announce his decision.

Further edit for more info:

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1

Anything is in play, but I’m thinking he either gets re-instated or there’s some level of suspension, if nothing else, because of the public scrutiny since DV is part of the equation. On its face, not much of this falls on Meyer. Ultimately, if there’s no cause to fire him, does OSU plan to pay him $40 million to not coach the team? I have a hard time seeing that, but anything is possible. 

Anyways, the counsel meeting is apparently scheduled for 9 AM Wednesday, to go over the independent committee findings. Obviously, they should know better then anyone if there’s more culpability then we’d expect. I’d guess by Thursday at the latest we will know the resolution here.

20 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Anything is in play, but I’m thinking he either gets re-instated or there’s some level of suspension, if nothing else, because of the public scrutiny since DV is part of the equation. On its face, not much of this falls on Meyer. Ultimately, if there’s no cause to fire him, does OSU plan to pay him $40 million to not coach the team? I have a hard time seeing that, but anything is possible. 

Anyways, the counsel meeting is apparently scheduled for 9 AM Wednesday, to go over the independent committee findings. Obviously, they should know better then anyone if there’s more culpability then we’d expect. I’d guess by Thursday at the latest we will know the resolution here.

Crap, I just replied to the topic and didn't see your post lol. 

I think the suspension is inevitable just b/c of the times we live. Those who want him guilty are going to say he's guilty no matter what the investigation found so the only thing that will appease them is him not coaching any more. As long as it turns out their investigation didn't find direct evidence of him doing anything wrong and followed proper procedures, I'm good w/ it. As far as the legal ramifications of it, I'm not one to give too much detail but my boss and I were discussing it this morning and he said OSU could just not pay the buyout then Urban would sue and that would turn into a whole new thing. If that is an option then who tf knows. I'm just hoping for good news Thursday or whenever we find out. If I don't get it, fine, let's at least move on and get to football and hope for the best w/ the team that's already in place.

Edited by JTagg7754

9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Come on guys don’t sweat it until you need to sweat it. 

My personal opinion is nothing will happen. 

Oh I'm not sweating anything. I have expectations that are positive as everything seems to point to Meyer going through the proper procedure. There's a lingering thought b/c in this day and age, anything can happen. I am just posting crap for the sake of discussion and perspective. Just read an article from The Dispatch that suggests the investigators did a very thorough job, and the "bombshell" that showed us Zach is even more of PoS getting the sex toys delivered to the office, was something they were already completely aware of.

I think he'll be free and clear but we'll see in a couple days.