The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

15 hours ago, buno67 said:

???

Winner of this game and wins the conference title will make the playoffs. tOSU's season isnt over

Perhaps it needed to be worded better. scUM has a direct win and they are in path to the CF playoffs. We, however, do not. We MUST play hard for the game like it is our Nat Champ game. 

Back to us making the 4th spot:

WV, OU, UCF (I know I'm stretching here), maybe a one loss Bama team would all potentially keep us out. If WV can win out and beat OU twice in a row then they could pass us by. If OU could beat WV twice in a row they could pass us. If Bama loses a close one to Georgia in the SEC Championship, they could stay in the top 4. If pigs learn to fly, and cry babies from Florida have their way, UCF would pass us by. 

Point I'm making is, it is not a given that if we win out, we are #4. That Purdue loss, like Iowa last season, is the bullet hole through the foot. Be it through, laziness, looking past a team, or the fact that we are not that good this year, it is our fault why we are not still #2 in the nation. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

11 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Perhaps it needed to be worded better. scUM has a direct win and they are in path to the CF playoffs. We, however, do not. We MUST play hard for the game like it is our Nat Champ game. 

Back to us making the 4th spot:

WV, OU, UCF (I know I'm stretching here), maybe a one loss Bama team would all potentially keep us out. If WV can win out and beat OU twice in a row then they could pass us by. If OU could beat WV twice in a row they could pass us. If Bama loses a close one to Georgia in the SEC Championship, they could stay in the top 4. If pigs learn to fly, and cry babies from Florida have their way, UCF would pass us by. 

Point I'm making is, it is not a given that if we win out, we are #4. That Purdue loss, like Iowa last season, is the bullet hole through the foot. Be it through, laziness, looking past a team, or the fact that we are not that good this year, it is our fault why we are not still #2 in the nation. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Right now tOSU is sitting at what 8? If they beat Michigan it is going to boost them to at least top6-5. Michigan with drop and tOSU will jump someone. Maybe tOSU gets to face Purdue in the conference title game and revenges their loss. You never know. 

I think if Michigan or tOSU wins out they make the playoffs

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Right now tOSU is sitting at what 8? If they beat Michigan it is going to boost them to at least top6-5. Michigan with drop and tOSU will jump someone. Maybe tOSU gets to face Purdue in the conference title game and revenges their loss. You never know. 

I think if Michigan or tOSU wins out they make the playoffs

I'm still hoping for upsets to occur. WV beats OU then OU beats WV. We beat scUM, Bama simply wins out.

I want a "Yeah they should be there" vibe going into the committee's decision this year. We put our hat on a Big 10 championship last year and look how that turned out. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

21 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Zach Harrison trending towards UM it seems. Big blow when a 5-star DE from CBus is headed to the rival. Some talk Jordan Battle might not stick also. Visiting Bama this week. 2019 a bit of a letdown class. Hopefully the 2020 class shapes out as it’s projected. The wildcard could be a coaching shakeup. 

This is a damn shame. Somethin just ain't right with OSU it seems. It will be interesting to see what happens in the offseason.

But we still have three WR commits that I absolutely love, and I'm hopeful they'll stick around. Imagine if Haskins were to come back, this offense could be insane.

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Saw a projection of OSU playing Washington State in the Rose Bowl. OSU would destroy Wazzu. Teams that give us trouble can run the ball. Wazzu doesn’t even try.

Idk. With how great Wazzu can throw the ball and how garbage the back 7 has been, we have no idea what could happen. 

11 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

This is a damn shame. Somethin just ain't right with OSU it seems. It will be interesting to see what happens in the offseason.

But we still have three WR commits that I absolutely love, and I'm hopeful they'll stick around. Imagine if Haskins were to come back, this offense could be insane.

Well I hear that Harrison just isn’t in love with tOSU. Yeah he lives in Columbus but he wasn’t born and raised in the area. Thought he grew up in Chicago then moved to Columbus. 

IDK if it’s something wrong with tOSU cause they are pulling in a great recruiting class. If they were failing with the National Kid’s and the state kids then red flags would be going off. 

I just wish they would build a fence around Ohio tho. You miss on National Kids, they rarely hurt you cause they are playing in the pac12 big12 and SEC. you miss on Ohio kids and they are playing for other big10 schools

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Saw a projection of OSU playing Washington State in the Rose Bowl. OSU would destroy Wazzu. Teams that give us trouble can run the ball. Wazzu doesn’t even try.

I kind of want to see this. A lovely Rose Bowl victory would be a nice change of pace. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

The Michigan game is being played at noon. In fact, all Big Ten games on the 17th and likely the following week will be in the afternoon.

Next year, that game should be at night, and the Big Ten should have night games every week of the season. No other power conference avoids the night at any point in the season. The reason of cold weather is rubbish - the MAC, which covers a similar territory to the Big Ten, routinely plays at night all the way into Thanksgiving week - without fear of rain, hail, sleet or snow - and they're a G5 league.

That should be reason enough for the Big Ten to have night games every week in November (including "The Game" on Thanksgiving weekend) starting next year.

As to how this year's edition might impact the playoff? Let's not get too ahead of ourselves, there's two weeks of football still to come before the big rivalry game.

Edited by pf9

On 11/7/2018 at 7:59 PM, pf9 said:

The Michigan game is being played at noon. In fact, all Big Ten games on the 17th and likely the following week will be in the afternoon.

Next year, that game should be at night, and the Big Ten should have night games every week of the season. No other power conference avoids the night at any point in the season. The reason of cold weather is rubbish - the MAC, which covers a similar territory to the Big Ten, routinely plays at night all the way into Thanksgiving week - without fear of rain, hail, sleet or snow - and they're a G5 league.

That should be reason enough for the Big Ten to have night games every week in November (including "The Game" on Thanksgiving weekend) starting next year.

As to how this year's edition might impact the playoff? Let's not get too ahead of ourselves, there's two weeks of football still to come before the big rivalry game.

MACs need to do whatever to get on TV. Playing night games on a week night is smart way to do it. With the Big10, they dont really need a primetime game slot. The time of game wont make or break if I watch the game or not. 

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

It's amazing how terrible our offensive line is. Hopefully this game gives our defense confidence though

I feel like the run schemes are awful. It’s like they use the same blocking schemes they did with Barrett, like they leave a DL or LB unaccounted because that was the read guy for the QB. Now that free guy just screws everything up! It’s like they have no outside threat to keep the end guys honest. It’s like they really need to incorporate jet and fly sweeps into the run scheme. Haskins might be one of the most talented throwers in tOSU history but that Martell might be the QB this offense needs. Its crazy. They need to treat this almost like Tebow and Leak