The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Man, what a win. 

It's about damn time this team played up to expectations. The bottom line is that the Bucks have not played up to this caliber for a full game this entire season. I don't regret feeling concerned about the Buckeye's chances because this type of performance had not yet surfaced for this year's roster. That being said, I'm damn glad it did.

I still don't believe OSU deserves to go to the playoffs, but there's a chance they may sneak in anyway. Twill be a fun bowl season regardless.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:23 AM, candyman93 said:

GaMichigan had to work hard for every touchdown and OSU got easy points all game

That’s because college football IMHO is too heavily slanted towards offense where I think easy points are too easy.

Once upon a time, teams like Michigan would be revered and celebrated for grinding and working hard and being tough and physical. That team was 2013 Stanford.

What we once revered is seemingly now outdated.

remember when they would punch Oregon  in the mouth? 2013- Run the ball 52 times for nearly 300 yards and control the clock for 43 minutes? Tyler Gaffney had 45 carries!

That gameolan is seemingly impossible to replicate nowadays. Good luck trying to even have the ball for 35 minutes

5 years ago- FIVE years ago- teams that grinded were deemed unique. Now, they’re dinosaurs.

Edited by CKS97

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I expect a lot of zone coverage from Northwestern. They don’t want a track meet against our WRs.

So our guys will have to sit in zones this week and help Haskins out.

Easy, they can still run the shallow crosses to run off defenders, plus they have to manufacture some type of pass rush, they don't have anyone outside of Gaziano who and generate any type of significant pressure which means they have to zone blitz and there will be plenty of opportunities hit holes.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ds98fh-W0AAeRw6.jpg:large

Seriously, how bad was the officiating. If I didn't know better, I'd say the B1G wanted UM to win and go to the playoffs. This is egregious. 

I saw this on my FB feed from a nutbag fan so I figured it was doctored. You don't strike me as such person so I guess it's valid.

That is the definition of terrible officiating. Not sure how people can have jobs missing this. I understand one additional person but two? I would assume there's a person dedicated to counting each side b/c we see far too often (even in this game if I'm mistaken) where they'll call 12 people for an illegal substitution on defense. 

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I expect a lot of zone coverage from Northwestern. They don’t want a track meet against our WRs.

So our guys will have to sit in zones this week and help Haskins out.

Haskins is now vying for a first round pick. This ball will be aired out all over the field to our speed guys lol. Mock drafts can't contain themselves after this past weekend. He's a solid QB prospect but he's nowhere close to being ready for Sunday football. Not at all. Smart business move? Go next year. Weak QB class, will absolutely be in the first round. Smart decision to ensure you're ready? Stay one more and run the risk of going against people then (looks to be a better class).

10 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Haskins is now vying for a first round pick. This ball will be aired out all over the field to our speed guys lol. Mock drafts can't contain themselves after this past weekend. He's a solid QB prospect but he's nowhere close to being ready for Sunday football. Not at all. Smart business move? Go next year. Weak QB class, will absolutely be in the first round. Smart decision to ensure you're ready? Stay one more and run the risk of going against people then (looks to be a better class).

I think any team that drafts him and expects him to start day 1 will be disappointed.  If the team can hold off 1-2 seasons before tossing him to the wolves they'll get a great long term QB.  Like if the Giants decide to keep Manning around for one more season, then draft Haskins, let him sit, suck again, then get another top pick to fix the OL and have Haskins take over.

17 minutes ago, Raves said:

I think any team that drafts him and expects him to start day 1 will be disappointed.  If the team can hold off 1-2 seasons before tossing him to the wolves they'll get a great long term QB.  Like if the Giants decide to keep Manning around for one more season, then draft Haskins, let him sit, suck again, then get another top pick to fix the OL and have Haskins take over.

The Giants would absolutely have to fix that line first. Dwayne has showed us that under pressure, he isn't the best but when he has room, watch out. Him and Barkley though..... that could be a nice foundation for a future though. Saquan is absolutely the real deal.