The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

45 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I am also very happy with the play of Kirk Cousins.  Honestly, I didn't think he had it in him.  wcblack mentioned Kirk as a legitimate MVP candidate...he may have a few adding him into the discussion but the award is Lamar Jackson's to lose.

And if it isn’t Jackson, how do you not give it to Russell Wilson.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Will you admit he’s been outstanding the last 6 weeks? That he’s a legitimate MVP candidate? That he’s played an integral part in the Vikings’ success, and hasn’t cost us a game since Green Bay?

I’ll admit all of that, and I’ve hated the signing since day one. But as of now, he’s proving every single detractor wrong. You and I included.

Can we keep this in the frame, that this was a 3-7 Broncos team, that sold pieces at the deadline?

This is a game that should have never been in doubt. Yet, for 30 mins, looked awful. We had to come back, from 20 points, to a 3-7 team. Not Seattle, or Green Bay, or some really good football team.

We were 0-3 on 3rd downs to start the game.

People are comparing this win to the likes of Farve.

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

Can we keep this in the frame, that this was a 3-7 Broncos team, that sold pieces at the deadline?

This is a game that should have never been in doubt. Yet, for 30 mins, looked awful. We had to come back, from 20 points, to a 3-7 team. Not Seattle, or Green Bay, or some really good football team.

Denver may be a bad team but it’s not fair to criticize their defense. It’s been a top 5 unit and arguably the best defense the Vikes have faced. With Brandon Allen, they may be a better team than they were with Joe Flacco. 

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Denver may be a bad team but it’s not fair to criticize their defense. It’s been a top 5 unit and arguably the best defense the Vikes have faced. With Brandon Allen, they may be a better team than they were with Joe Flacco. 

For context they were 8th in points given up with Flacco, Now they are 10th.

They were 28th in points per game on offense with Flacco. Now they are 27th.

20 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Any Given Sunday. CMC got his *** kicked by Atlanta. Carolina won't even make the playoffs so CMC shouldn't even be in the MVP discussion.

28 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Edited by vike daddy

22 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Cousins is a better quarterback. 

Agreed.  I think Kaep deserves a chance, but it's not going to be with the Vikings.  They don't need him at this point.  He should go to a team like the Dolphins, Washington or even Denver next season, where he has a true opportunity to compete for a starting position.  And his 2nd option should be to go to a team with a tenuous starter, like the Raiders.

58 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

It shouldn't have been in doubt, but we should also acknowledge that Cousins played really well in the comeback.  It wasn't his fault that the team was down 20-0, as it was a combination of inability to run and bad play-calling that made them unable to sustain drives.  That doesn't matter anymore though, they came back and they won.  Denver is better than their record indicates.    

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

And if it isn’t Jackson, how do you not give it to Russell Wilson.

Yes.  I think Russell is second in the MVP race.  However, if I were starting at team, and could chose any QB in the league to lead my team, it would be Russell Wilson...hands down.

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Denver is better than their record indicates.    

They may be 3-7, but their defense is top 5, and their pass defense is top 3. 

We erased a 20-0 deficit by throwing the ball, when the top 3 defense knew that we were going to be throwing the ball. 

Some people just need to give credit where credit is due. 

• Like 1

Just now, Virginia Viking said:

Yes.  I think Russell is second in the MVP race.  However, if I were starting at team, and could chose any QB in the league to lead my team, it would be Russell Wilson...hands down.

I think that's fair.  It's also fair to note that the Seahawks have really never had to completely alter their offense to suit Russell, like the Ravens have had to do with Lamar.  But, just like it's often done, there may be some East Coast bias at the end.  

29 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  I think Kaep deserves a chance, but it's not going to be with the Vikings.  They don't need him at this point.  He should go to a team like the Dolphins, Washington or even Denver next season, where he has a true opportunity to compete for a starting position.  And his 2nd option should be to go to a team with a tenuous starter, like the Raiders.

I highly doubt he has an interest In signing backup level money to compete. Especially in Miami of all teams given his public display of support for a former leader just south of Florida. 

As it relates to his chances of returning to the NFL, I’d say it’s moot after blowing off the NFLs workout, which was awkward nevertheless.

Edited by vikingsrule