The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, Krauser said:

You should stop posting here. You’re terrible at this.

Your team should’ve extended Cousins after 2015. They could’ve signed him for something like $24M per year (cheaper than Carr got the following year) on a contract that could still have had another year left on it, through 2020. That would be roughly what they’re paying Alex Smith this year to try to relearn how to walk. Cousins would have given your team quality QB play, good enough to compete with if the supporting cast was solid and well coached.

Your team should’ve figured out its horrible ownership situation and improved or replaced its craptastic stadium, facilities and playing surface, which among other things destroyed the career of a young QB it traded a boatload of picks to land. Your team should’ve hired competent medical staff so as not to alienate its Pro Bowl LT. Your team should’ve recognized the coaching talent it had at its disposal and upgraded Jay Gruden with Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay. Your team should’ve rebranded with a nickname that isn’t offensive and decades out of date. 

You might, in that scenario, have enough to be proud of, as a fan, that you would have more to look forward to and better things to think about tonight, so you wouldn’t spend your time on another team’s forum trying to run down their starting QB in an apparently futile effort to make yourself feel better about one of a long line of terrible mistakes made by your terrible team.

But instead, here you are. 

Trust me I've had my fair share of discussions with die hard fans who just never see the BIG PICTURE. That's what lead me away from the Redskins Franchise. Here I'm just speaking my opinion on a guy in the league of A sport I enjoy. I've said nothing negative about your Franchise and have kept my statements about this Threads Title Kirk Cousin's. If you don't like what I write Ignore Me or Block ME. 

Edited by Skins212689

32 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm serious. He got payed for last season correct and was the starter the entire season? Or is this when the excuses come? 

He got payed for 3 seasons. No wonder why you have such a hard time with the 84 million. You thought it was a 1 year contract. Yeah that would have been a bit much

Glad we cleared that up

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm serious. He got payed for last season correct and was the starter the entire season? Or is this when the excuses come? 

Contracts are usually given out based on future potential. The Vikings obviously felt that Cousins had the potential to be a better QB than he was in Washington. All indications are showing this to be true, Cousins is arguably having his best year yet. While he may not throw for 5,000 yards in this offense, he’s been more efficient and less turnover prone. Can this translate to post season will ultimately prove if Cousins is worth the contract but he alone can’t carry the team deep into the playoffs. Very few QBs are ever that good. . 

7 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

He got payed for 3 seasons. No wonder why you have such a hard time with the 84 million. You thought it was a 1 year contract. Yeah that would have been a bit much

Glad we cleared that up

Lol so I get it You will allow all 3 years to go by before judgement. Cool, I just hope your like that with ALL players. You know including Rookies and other Free Agents signed across the league. I'll throw Rosen out there as a example. A guy traded after 1 year of NFL expericence. Leonard William's,  traded while still on his Rookie Contract. Vernon Hargreaves, released while on his Rookie Contract. 

Still I don't have to be one to go along with that same criteria. If Cousin's doesn't get you guys to the Playoffs/a Playoff win this year that's Unacceptable in MY BOOK. That's 2 seasons he has failed to get the team where Keenum left off at. He was payed to get you further than Keenum. 

Edited by Skins212689

30 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Contracts are usually given out based on future potential. The Vikings obviously felt that Cousins had the potential to be a better QB than he was in Washington. All indications are showing this to be true, Cousins is arguably having his best year yet. While he may not throw for 5,000 yards in this offense, he’s been more efficient and less turnover prone. Can this translate to post season will ultimately prove if Cousins is worth the contract but he alone can’t carry the team deep into the playoffs. Very few QBs are ever that good. . 

He isn't carrying you guys in the season. Pull up a Guy named Dalvin Cook stats. Another person more concerned about STATS than Championships. 

Cousins is a mediocre QB on a bad contract. I've spent years on this forum arguing these same points against  Jackson, Frerotte Ponder, Cassel, and Bradford. I wasn't for Keenum either but he out kicked his coverage.

Most people here are happy with a playoff appearance or single playoff win. Cousins isn't the answer for anyone that watches football, but he is sunk cost at the moment.

Fact is Spielman hasn't been able to fix the revolving door of garbage QB play in his entire tenure here. Until we get a GM that can build a proper scouting department to correctly evaluate QB talent, this team will be a waste of special individuals. Just like it wasted APs best years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Can Cousins have the 2017 version of that defense too? And that team won just one playoff game as a result of an extremely unprobable play.

An improbable play because the defense melted after the first half. Not sure he would want that defense when going against teams like SEA, NO, SF.

Can we go back to 2017 and give Keenum a better O Line and Cook too? No we can’t. 

When Cousins has as much to do with the success of this team as the rest of the players, and doesn’t need everything to be perfect around him in order to succeed, I’ll chill out. 

Like I said though, I love my team and hope for the best. Bi will support Cousins because he is the QB.  Let’s just see what happens.  

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Not true, the vikings felt Kirk was better than the options we had at the time of signing him. I believe they felt at the time with our defense, run game, and upgrade at the position it would lead us to a Superbowl with in his three years here. Basically taking a shot at it and if we achieve it, the entire contract will be well worth it. Cousins has not played terrible and I don't want you to pull a bunch of stats trying to prove me otherwise. I watch the games overall he makes decent decisions and has the capability to make all the throws. His ball security has been troubling and I hope somehow that will improve but he is a top 15 QB in the league and we would not be better off with out him. If we had some rookie or other FA option that was there at that time we wouldn't even have had hope. 

A lot of these comments seem like people are convincing themselves that Cousins is the answer.  What a sad reality they are going to fall back down to. I’ll tolerate him now because I have to, and he is quite literally our only option.  They dug themselves that hole. But as long as no. 8 is suiting up for the Vikings, I will support him....  until he isn’t   

I’m already dreaming about 2021 when he nor this staff (they’re not terrible but are not good enough to get us there, and it’s very clear that the Wilfs hired the front office for that reason. Why the hell would an owner sign anyone and spend that much? We are fortunate.), for the most part, isn’t here anymore.  

Edited by Torchezim

10 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Let's seeeeeee.

2018: Historically bad offensive line, beloved o-line coach dying weeks before the season, new OC who clashed big time with the coach/roster, star running back missing half the year, OC being fired 3/4 the way through the season/new OC.

2019: Improved OL, no sudden deaths, OC and Offensive coach who play to Kirk's strengths, star running back taking pressure off work.

Just make sure you guy's judge all NFL player's like this. People wanted to bring up Dwayne Haskins, look at all the BS he has to deal with in DC. Starting with a Owner that may have picked him oppose to the HC. That's not how you Win in this league.