The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I'd throw Rodgers, Wilson, Waston, Jackson, Brees, and Mahomes, Wentz in there as well as QB's who just need the WR to catch the ball. 

Rodgers has one ring in his 12th year as a starter.

Wilson has one ring in his 8th.

Brees has one ring in his 18th.

Watson, Jackson, Mahomes and Wentz (no, that was Foles) haven’t won anything yet.

This is Cousins’ 5th year as a starter.

Maybe you should step away from this thread and come back in 5-10 years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Kirk Cousin's shouldn't have gotten the Most guranteed money in NFL history is 1 thing I'm saying. Another thing I'm saying is Dalvin Cook better use his AP MVP type season to get the Most Guaranteed Money in NFL history as well and no 1 should have a problem with it. 3. Don't let Cousins Elite Stats fool you to thinking he is a Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Wilson, Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Rodger's,ect. 4. If your gonna brag about his stats make sure those same stats show up against Elite competition come Playoff time getting you to a SuperBowl.

What's so hard to understand? Or are you truly happy with him putting up top 10 QB stats and your team not making the playoffs? 

A running back is different than a QB. For someone harping on QBs winning I figured you would understand that.

Serious question, what has Jackson done as passer to be included in this?

Looks like they have a good chance of making the playoffs this year so I don't know what you are getting at

1 minute ago, Krauser said:

Watson, Jackson, Mahomes and Wentz (no, that was Foles) haven’t won anything yet.

Can you really count the Redskin years? 

9 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Wilson should really have 2, but FACTS he only has 1. 

Maybe the forum should decide do you Want Stats or Playoff wins that eventually will lead to SuperBowls?

Even if Kirk never got a Superbowl but came out this deal with 3 playoff wins I'd say he lived up to the deal. But no Playoff Wins at all would be UNACCEPTABLE. So Far that's what where at. While his play against ELITE team's doesn't match his play against below average/average teams.

Edited by Skins212689

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Can you really count the Redskin years? 

If your gonna say he was worth 84 million, how can you not? Isn't that what got him that deal. Goes back to my point he's a QB that can give you ELITE Stats but isn't a ELITE QB. Not counting his Redskin years falls right into my point sir. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Wilson should really have 2, but FACTS he only has 1. 

Maybe the forum should decide do you Want Stats or Playoff wins that eventually will lead to SuperBowls. 

Even if Kirk never got a Superbowl but came out this deal with 3 playoff wins I'd say he lived up to the deal. But no Playoff Wins at all would be UNACCEPTABLE. So Far that's what where at. While his play against ELITE team's doesn't match his play against below average/average teams.

Sounds good. Check back in with us after next season

• Like 1

Just now, Skins212689 said:

If your gonna say he was worth 84 million, how can you not? Isn't that what got him that deal. Goes back to my point he's a QB that can give you ELITE Stats but isn't a ELITE QB. Not counting his Redskin years falls right into my point sir. 

If you are talking wins it's hard to count them

9 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

A running back is different than a QB. For someone harping on QBs winning I figured you would understand that.

Serious question, what has Jackson done as passer to be included in this?

Looks like they have a good chance of making the playoffs this year so I don't know what you are getting at

When a QB can make Belichick look silly he's doing something right.

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Kirk Cousin's doesn't have a winning Culture against the ELITE. 

You should stop posting here. You’re terrible at this.

Your team should’ve extended Cousins after 2015. They could’ve signed him for something like $24M per year (cheaper than Carr got the following year) on a contract that could still have had another year left on it, through 2020. That would be roughly what they’re paying Alex Smith this year to try to relearn how to walk. Cousins would have given your team quality QB play, good enough to compete with if the supporting cast was solid and well coached.

Your team should’ve figured out its horrible ownership situation and improved or replaced its craptastic stadium, facilities and playing surface, which among other things destroyed the career of a young QB it traded a boatload of picks to land. Your team should’ve hired competent medical staff so as not to alienate its Pro Bowl LT. Your team should’ve recognized the coaching talent it had at its disposal and upgraded Jay Gruden with Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay. Your team should’ve rebranded with a nickname that isn’t offensive and decades out of date. 

You might, in that scenario, have enough to be proud of, as a fan, that you would have more to look forward to and better things to think about tonight, so you wouldn’t spend your time on another team’s forum trying to run down their starting QB in an apparently futile effort to make yourself feel better about one of a long line of terrible mistakes made by your terrible team.

But instead, here you are. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Krauser said:

You should stop posting here. You’re terrible at this.

Your team should’ve extended Cousins after 2015. They could’ve signed him for something like $24M per year (cheaper than Carr got the following year) on a contract that could still have had another year left on it, through 2020. That would be roughly what they’re paying Alex Smith this year to try to relearn how to walk. Cousins would have given your team quality QB play, good enough to compete with if the supporting cast was solid and well coached.

Your team should’ve figured out its horrible ownership situation and improved or replaced its craptastic stadium, facilities and playing surface, which among other things destroyed the career of a young QB it traded a boatload of picks to land. Your team should’ve hired competent medical staff so as not to alienate its Pro Bowl LT. Your team should’ve recognized the coaching talent it had at its disposal and upgraded Jay Gruden with Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay. Your team should’ve rebranded with a nickname that isn’t offensive and decades out of date. 

You might, in that scenario, have enough to be proud of, as a fan, that you would have more to look forward to and better things to think about tonight, so you wouldn’t spend your time on another team’s forum trying to run down their starting QB in an apparently futile effort to make yourself feel better about one of a long line of terrible mistakes made by your terrible team.

But instead, here you are. 

Ummmm..........

May as well close the thread after that post.

53 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Agreed we have to wait and see but just no excuses from your fellow forum mates if things go side ways. 

Sounds good to me.  I don't think you will be hearing too many excuses if we have 2 more seasons that end up like last year did.  I would be more than willing to say that we didn't get our money's worth.  At the same time, I really don't think that's the way it is headed.  This season has been a lot better and I just don't see the losses on the remaining schedule that could keep us out of the playoffs.  We really should be able to go 5-1 in the remaining 6 games.  Seattle is going to be tough, but other than that I don't see us losing to anyone else on the schedule.  We have Green Bay, but they will be playing in US Bank Stadium this time.  I just don't think they are good enough to beat us in our house.  Not only that, but 4 out of our remaining 6 games will be home games.  I think our chances of making the playoffs are (as Larry David would say) pritty, pritty, pritty good.  :)

• Like 1