The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

Anyone else getting tired of him being called an $84 million dollar QB? No other player in the NFL has people so obsessed with how much they’re being paid. Most of the time it’s just accepted unless they’re playing so badly or so expensive that the caps savings are worth cutting them which isn’t the case here. It’s not even our money- so far he’s getting the job done I don’t really care whether it was $75 or $85 or $95 million at this point. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Marino would have been the highest paid athlete in the world if he got paid $84 million....

To not see how Marino deserved that more than Cousin's is foolish to me. Of course that couldn't happen because they played in 2 different era's but these are the type of things that should be brung up in negotiations in the New Era of the NFL. 

That's why I bring up Cook. That's why guys are sitting out and asking for more money because they have caught up to the stupidity/unfairness of how contracts are structured and based on. 

Edited by Skins212689

21 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

How do you know he won't get a ring?

How long did it take top-3 GOAT Peyton Manning to get a ring?

How about HOFer Dan Marino?

1 and a half seasons is plenty of time to get a ring don't you know

Edited by vikesfan89
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

To not see how Marino deserved that more than Cousin's is foolish to me. Of course that couldn't happen because they played in 2 different errors but this is the type of things that should be brung up in negotiations in the New Error of the NFL. 

That's why I bring up Cook. That's why guys are sitting out and asking for more money because they have caught up to the stupidity/unfairness of how contracts are structured and based on. 

So what you're saying is the current players can't get paid more than players from different eras who were better?

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Well, it's Week 10.  That would be hard to do.  Let's just give the guy some time.  I think he has played just as well as Keenum did, and in some ways even better.  That's what we signed him for.  We didn't think Keenum would be able to repeat his performance from 2017.  We will just have to see how things play out.  So far, I think we have a very good chance of making the playoffs, and very possibly even winning the division.  If we do that, we could end up being the 2nd or 3rd seed, which would probably give us a home playoff game.  Like you said.  We will have to wait and see.

Agreed we have to wait and see but just no excuses from your fellow forum mates if things go side ways. 

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

1 and a half seasons is plenty of time to get a ring don't you know

2 season is enough being all that was replaced was the QB. One that puts up Top 5 Stats at that! But naw because it's Kirk there are excuses. 

Rookies get called Bust after rookie seasons yet Cousins gets year's to prove his deal. Hypocrisy. Just admitt IT.

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Guess teams like the Ravens, Patriots, Seahawks, are just lucky teams than in your mind?

I would disagree and say it's their Culture to be Playoff teams. 

The Patriots under Belichick are incomparable, no other team in NFL history comes close. You can go into any team’s forum and say they don’t measure up to New England and be right. But that’s so obvious it’s boring.

Here are the records for the Ravens, Seahawks and Vikings since Zimmer was hired in 2014:

Ravens:
49-40 (.551), 11th best record in the league over that time
1 division title
2 playoff appearances: 1-2 playoff record, no AFCG appearances

Seahawks:
59-30-1 (.661), 4th
2 division titles
4 playoff appearances: 4-4 playoff record, 1 SB loss, otherwise no NFCCG appearances

Vikings:
54-35-1 (.606), 5th
2 division titles
2 playoff appearances, 1-2 record, NFCCG once

If the Ravens and Seahawks have a winning Culture, the Vikings under Zimmer must have one too.

Edited by Krauser
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

2 season is enough being all that was replaced was the QB. One that puts up Top 5 Stats at that! But naw because it's Kirk there are excuses. 

Rookies get called Bust after rookie seasons yet Cousins gets year's to prove his deal. Hypocrisy. Just admitt IT.

The 2nd season isn't over.

And if you can't understand how things have been different between seasons that's on you

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

To not see how Marino deserved that more than Cousin's is foolish to me. Of course that couldn't happen because they played in 2 different errors but this is the type of things that should be brung up in negotiations in the New Error of the NFL. 

I hate to be "that" guy but it's "ERA" not "ERROR."

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

The 2nd season isn't over.

And if you can't understand how things have been different between seasons that's on you

Let's seeeeeee.

2018: Historically bad offensive line, beloved o-line coach dying weeks before the season, new OC who clashed big time with the coach/roster, star running back missing half the year, OC being fired 3/4 the way through the season/new OC.

2019: Improved OL, no sudden deaths, OC and Offensive coach who play to Kirk's strengths, star running back taking pressure off work.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

My point is for 84 MILLION dollars Kirk Cousin's should be able to Win games at his own individual abilities. No I'm not saying he has to throw and catch the ball or hand the ball of to himself and run as well, but I am saying he should be able to make throws to any WR in the game and step up in games the run game might not be clicking. 

That's what I expect out of a Guy getting 84 million dollars guaranteed. EVERYTHING shouldn't have to be perfect for him to only succeed. 

You should stop typing for 42 minutes and watch this game, sounds like you haven’t seen it:

Better QB play there than anything Washington has had recently, or will have anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

So what you're saying is the current players can't get paid more than players from different eras who were better?

Kirk Cousin's shouldn't have gotten the Most guranteed money in NFL history is 1 thing I'm saying. Another thing I'm saying is Dalvin Cook better use his AP MVP type season to get the Most Guaranteed Money in NFL history as well and no 1 should have a problem with it. 3. Don't let Cousins Elite Stats fool you to thinking he is a Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Wilson, Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Rodger's,ect. 4. If your gonna brag about his stats make sure those same stats show up against Elite competition come Playoff time getting you to a SuperBowl.

What's so hard to understand? Or are you truly happy with him putting up top 10 QB stats and your team not making the playoffs? 

8 minutes ago, Krauser said:

The Patriots under Belichick are incomparable, no other team in NFL history comes close. You can go into any team’s forum and say they don’t measure up to New England and be right. But that’s so obvious it’s boring.

Here are the records for the Ravens, Seahawks and Vikings since Zimmer was hired in 2014:

Ravens:
49-40 (.551), 11th best record in the league over that time
1 division title
2 playoff appearances: 1-2 playoff record, no AFCG appearances

Seahawks:
59-30-1 (.661), 4th
2 division titles
4 playoff appearances: 4-4 playoff record, 1 SB loss, otherwise no NFCCG appearances

Vikings:
54-35-1 (.606), 5th
2 division titles
2 playoff appearances, 1-2 record, NFCCG once

If the Ravens and Seahawks have a winning Culture, the Vikings under Zimmer must have one too.

Kirk Cousin's doesn't have a winning Culture against the ELITE.