Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

So, basically, no one was willing to give Bridgewater a starting QB contract. 

Well, he likely would have had a good shot to start for Miami...at least for this year (similar to the opportunity with the Jets last year), but there was no guarantee.  He has a better shot to be starting for New Orleans in 2 years than he did for the Dolphins.  

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, he likely would have had a good shot to start for Miami...at least for this year (similar to the opportunity with the Jets last year), but there was no guarantee.  He has a better shot to be starting for New Orleans in 2 years than he did for the Dolphins.  

I’m not talking about the opportunity to start. I’m talking about getting starters money. 

I have a hard time believing that he’d be back with the Saints if someone out there was offering a contract like what Keenum got from Denver. 

Edited by SemperFeist

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not talking about the opportunity to start. I’m talking about getting starters money. 

I have a hard time believing that he’d be back with the Saints if someone out there was offering a contract like what Keenum got from Denver. 

True, but I also didn't think anyone would seriously consider giving him starter money in the first place, especially considering the marketplace for starting positions is so small right now.  You have to have started recently to get it.  And unfortunately, he has not for 3 years.

His best chance at eventually getting big money is to just wait out this wave and either get the Saints starting job or for all the young QBs to begin failing where teams will begin to look his way, as he's still 27.  He may have a chance to get one big contract.    

Edited by swede700

Jane Slater of NFLN reported on Tuesday morning that quarterback Teddy Bridgewater has opted to remain in New Orleans “despite a bigger deal on the table from Miami.” Ian Rapoport of NFLN, however, said earlier in the hour on the league-owned TV channel that the Dolphins never made an offer for Bridgewater at all.

This meshes with a report from Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, who reports that the Dolphins were not “big players” for Bridgewater.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/12/did-miami-make-teddy-bridgewater-an-offer/

i'm not surprised, no team has seen teddy play meaningful snaps in how many seasons? to give him guaranteed starter money is a huge risk. meanwhile, teddy can continue to back up brees and the saints still see every day in practice what he's capable of. brees has been incredibly durable so his injury risk until brees retires is pretty low.

2 hours ago, whitehops said:

i'm not surprised, no team has seen teddy play meaningful snaps in how many seasons? to give him guaranteed starter money is a huge risk. meanwhile, teddy can continue to back up brees and the saints still see every day in practice what he's capable of. brees has been incredibly durable so his injury risk until brees retires is pretty low.

He started Week 17. While the game in itself wasn't significant, it certainly was for Teddy.

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

He started Week 17. While the game in itself wasn't significant, it certainly was for Teddy.

forgot about that game. yes, it was big for him but not necessarily for his value around the league - he threw for 112 yards, a 73.7 QB rating in a loss.