Jump to content
JustAnotherFan

Who have been the winners and losers of free agency?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

The Ryan Grant contract is so bad, it counts for both.

Well, completely out of the clouds...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crabtree is better than Grant, but even if he signs I'd still consider Baltimore a loser, they had the chance to get an established long term WR1, Crabtree is short term sticking plaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Crabtree is better than Grant, but even if he signs I'd still consider Baltimore a loser, they had the chance to get an established long term WR1, Crabtree is short term sticking plaster

What established long term WR1 did they have a good chance at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

What established long term WR1 did they have a good chance at?

They could have bid strong at the likes of Watkins / Robinson. They are desperate, their WRs are so bad surely you just accept that you might have to be pay too much but finally get a WR1 for the first time in years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigMountainGoat said:

They could have bid strong at the likes of Watkins / Robinson. They are desperate, their WRs are so bad surely you just accept that you might have to be pay too much but finally get a WR1 for the first time in years

I hear ya, but the fact is the Ravens werent going to be able to win a bidding war for either of those guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I hear ya, but the fact is the Ravens werent going to be able to win a bidding war for either of those guys.

Possibly, but they managed to put crazy money on the table for Grant, which if you add to the Brown money is about what Robinson got. I can see why he would choose the Bears over the Ravens anyway. But you just wonder if the Ravens could have been more bold in addressing such a major hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

Im well aware its worked out perfectly fine in the past. The offense should still be great with Gronk and Edelman around but the defensive side of the ball lacks more talent compared to other Pats teams I can remember.

Belichick has gained two third round picks so far this offseason. You think he is giving those way to overpay for a mediocre free agent? He will bide his time and sign non-compensatory free agents (ie players cut by other teams). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Possibly, but they managed to put crazy money on the table for Grant, which if you add to the Brown money is about what Robinson got. I can see why he would choose the Bears over the Ravens anyway. But you just wonder if the Ravens could have been more bold in addressing such a major hole.

The money was only "crazy" because they overpaid for a JAG.

Robinson is getting double what they gave Grant and they wouldve lost any bidding war they got into.

They could have been more "bold", but bold isnt always smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts are easily the biggest losers. They actually have a pretty decent size of cap space + a ton of wholes but have decided to do NOTHING all free agency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Belichick has gained two third round picks so far this offseason. You think he is giving those way to overpay for a mediocre free agent? He will bide his time and sign non-compensatory free agents (ie players cut by other teams). 

Belicheck is good at letting players walk at the right time.  This is why they are so competitive each year.  Right now they are still a tough team but replacing Brady will be hard once they have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you can't lose if you don't participate...cant win either lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Seahawks are looking pretty bad right now in Free Agency. They've lost:

Paul Richardson

Jimmy Graham

Luke Willson

Richard Sherman

Michael Bennett

Sheldon Richardson

Jeremy Lane

Deshawn Shead

All of those players are starters except Willson, who was their #2 TE. They've added:

Bradley McDougald (re-signed with the team).

UPDATE: They just added TE Ed Dickson lol 

Edited by Darth Pees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vikings are the biggest winners. They upgraded at QB with an already great roster.

No other moves or set of moves should be expected to have the same impact 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×