Games I Beat Thread

There is nothing left to play for after HR 100. That's the last actual quest.

Everything else is repetitive. Your fighting the same monsters over and over for no real benefit. At best you can try for different armor sets but that's useless once you have a mixed set that fits your play style. There is no reason to keep going.

14 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Jurassic Park was a SOB on NES too.

You had to remind me of that...

The Lost World: Jurassic Park is one game I was not able to finish.  I bought a Playstation 1 for that game alone and I couldn't beat it.  Still haunts me. 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You had to remind me of that...

The Lost World: Jurassic Park is one game I was not able to finish.  I bought a Playstation 1 for that game alone and I couldn't beat it.  Still haunts me. 

I believe there was a nearly impossible Sega one too. They really hated us for some reason with those.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I believe there was a nearly impossible Sega one too. They really hated us for some reason with those.

There was, and I didn't beat the Sega one either.  I don't feel so bad about not beating that one though.  I only got to play it for like a week.  I'm not about to buy a Sega just to play that game. 

26 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

There was, and I didn't beat the Sega one either.  I don't feel so bad about not beating that one though.  I only got to play it for like a week.  I'm not about to buy a Sega just to play that game. 

Haha gotcha. I had a Sega then. I never played that one as a child because of the scars from the other one. I've played it as an adult, no clear memories other than it was stupid hard. It's kinda crazy when I go back and play those old NES games how hard they are compared to now. Or the stupid secrets to pass an area that nobody would know without Nintendo power or someone telling you. Or just completely broken games. But that era is looked back on so fondly while everything now is evil. Ain't **** changed IMO

Far too many to name, so I'll list my favorites that I beat:

Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Mario 1-3, Mario World, Mario 64 (100%), Castlevania 1-3, ChronoTrigger, Final Fantasy 1/2/4/7/8/9, LoZ 1/2/LttP/OoT/MM/LbW/BotW, Silent Hill 2, Halo 1-3, Half Life 1/2/Ep1 + 2, entire Legacy of Kain franchise

Oh, I beat the first Halo by myself on Legendary.  I was pretty proud of that and got arrogant, so I tried Halo 2 on Legendary and I swear that was impossible.  You had like one shot and you were dead.  Couldn't even get past like the third or fourth checkpoint. 

3 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

I can't remember all the games I've beaten. This is a cool thread tho. I'll be following. Ever try and play the NES Mega Mans now??? Those things are impossible I tell you!!!

I bought the anniversary collection when it came out for ps2 and beat all of them again. Blue Bomber was my jam as a kid.

The hardest is definitely the first one tho. So annoying that your character slides everytime you move. But 2-5 were platforming gems. Some of the best games ever made imo. Some of the first games i can think of where using elemental logic to defeat bosses was crucial too.

11 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

I can't remember all the games I've beaten. This is a cool thread tho. I'll be following. Ever try and play the NES Mega Mans now??? Those things are impossible I tell you!!!

I know. I played the old school mega man on the NES Classic (I think) and they are impossible.

Very hard on the XBOXONE too.

I am way too spoiled now.

14 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Beat those NES ones. The one game that gave me trouble was Castlevania 3. Think I worked on the last part, where you drop down through a clock or something to the boss for a month before I had the timing right.

Now my fav achievement. The grandest, most hard fought and rewarding victory of them all....

r-c-pro-am-usa-rev-a.png

Archived