BAZINGA! Sheldon is ours! (1 yr, $11 mil, p. 11)

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

We'll see how it all turns out. Other things like playing time also factor in

The coefficient for playing time is not big enough to turn an $8M APY contract into a 3rd round compensatory cancellation.

Zimmer: "Sheldon is a guy, who has been, one of the most disruptive defensive linemen in the NFL. We feel very comfortable about our ability to continue to take him to the next level."

Zimmer... always the inspiring Teacher, always wanting to make guys better.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

1 year is solid, but likely means we’ll still be looking at a DT in the draft. 

Certainly true, especially since Linval will come off the field in obvious passing situations, and we could use another 3-tech with pass-rushing skills to play besides Richardson.

10 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Certainly true, especially since Linval will come off the field in obvious passing situations, and we could use another 3-tech with pass-rushing skills to play besides Richardson.

I would think we already have that guy in Jaleel Johnson since IMO DT isn't the most plug and play position for a rookie I believe he'll be good to go and we draft another 3rd day DT to fill out the depth chart.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

the dude is refreshingly articulate, almost eloquent.

He’s certainly confident. No Uhs and umms, or other filler noises. I like it when people will pause and think about an answer before speaking. I’m very excited to see this DL out there.

No “and uh” 

no “and um’s“

Hes confident. He backs it up. He took way less then I expected. The Vikings are going all in.

i love it. As a big group of 8 on the DL we are not better than the Eagles. But we improved today, we have the draft to come yet.

but..

Im 100% confident in saying we have the best “starting” front four in the NFL.

Archived