Packers signed Kyle fuller to an offer sheet; Bears matched & locked him up with new 4-year deal

49erurtaza

I can't wait to see the parameters of this deal. Curious to see if he was trying to be cute or if he literally did the legwork for us. Bears have more  cap space than the Packers if I'm not mistaken.

16 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

Packers got mad money? From where?

I'm guessing the Rodgers deal was completed, but not yet announced.

Fuller wants long term deal, but they haven't agreed on a price just yet. This may offer some incentive to get more serious about the negotiations

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I'm guessing the Rodgers deal was completed, but not yet announced.

Fuller wants long term deal, but they haven't agreed on a price just yet. This may offer some incentive to get more serious about the negotiations

Rumor has it we'lll have more CAP space next year right? Well Kyle....there could be a long term deal in your future....just a bit further North than where you're at now :)

16 minutes ago, G08 said:

I can't wait to see the parameters of this deal. Curious to see if he was trying to be cute or if he literally did the legwork for us. Bears have more  cap space than the Packers if I'm not mistaken.

Eh we're probably the same. We cut Jordy and got to 30m, then we signed Wilk and Graham and probably took a hit of 10-11m.

The advantage we have is Clay and Aaron have like 32m of base salary this year and 0 bonus. Meaning we can extend both and gain 20-25m easily. We know for sure Aaron is getting done this offseason, Clay might be too.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh we're probably the same. We cut Jordy and got to 30m, then we signed Wilk and Graham and probably took a hit of 10-11m.

The advantage we have is Clay and Aaron have like 32m of base salary this year and 0 bonus. Meaning we can extend both and gain 20-25m easily. We know for sure Aaron is getting done this offseason, Clay might be too.

The road forward.......

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

would it be smart for the Bears to wait the full five days before paying/signing Fuller?

because even though this ploy by GB is a good one, it would tie them up for that time in acquiring another CB.

Yes they should wait the full 5 days. Ties up that cap space for GB. 

So we didn't give Fuller a contract we don't feel he's worthy of and so the idea we get him is slim. Unless, we somehow put a poison pill in there that makes it difficult for Bears to overcome. I don't see that scenario. You don't tender a guy and let him walk. 

The one good thing. We dictate the terms of the contract the Bears have to give this guy. Maybe it's a one-year deal with a NO TAG guarantee at the end of the one-year. That would be genius IMO, especially if it's a big price tag. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

So we didn't give Fuller a contract we don't feel he's worthy of and so the idea we get him is slim. Unless, we somehow put a poison pill in there that makes it difficult for Bears to overcome. I don't see that scenario. You don't tender a guy and let him walk. 

The one good thing. We dictate the terms of the contract the Bears have to give this guy. Maybe it's a one-year deal with a NO TAG guarantee at the end of the one-year. That would be genius IMO, especially if it's a big price tag. 

The 1-year offer with no tag clause would be Machiavellian in its brilliance.  Something you only see between rivals lol. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

The 1-year offer with no tag clause would be Machiavellian in its brilliance.  Something you only see between rivals lol. 

Especially if they have an extension already worked out over and above the 1-year deal. 

Archived