Packers Sign Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The only "screwing" IMO would be to not take advantage of the relief you can get this year. Why pass the better chance to build a roster to non prime Rodgers 5 years from now vs giving prime Rodgers the best possible roster?

Because I don't think this team with Honey Badger is a top 5 super bowl contender without a truly amazing drft. 

Be honest, before the Bear's games last season, how many were worried about playing against Fuller? I like the fact that Gute had a number he was willing to spend for Fuller and offered to see what happens. It is still important to not overpay unless you think he is special and I'm guessing nobody thought he was special last year. Maybe we see what DMCIII is up to in April.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'd take King, Ward, Honey Badger, Rollins over King, House, Randall, Rollins any day of the week.

Is this supposed to be some kind of controversial take? Obviously you'd take the former group.

We need help with the pass rush in a bad way though and we're still hurting at WR. Everybody hated that group last year and we're noticeably worse now.

At the end of the day it was a deal Green Bay had to live with too. So it was going to be outrageous. They had a price they did it and made Chicago act.

Worth a try. But at the end of the day they weren’t going to give out crazy money.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because I don't think this team with Honey Badger is a top 5 super bowl contender without a truly amazing drft. 

I don't know if you want the spending on offense/ defense to be equal, but the Packers are pretty lopsided

This doesn't include the Mo/Graham deals but the Packers are 10th in the league in Offensive spending and only 26th on Defense spending for 2018

Seems like there's an interest in balancing those out

https://overthecap.com/positional-spending

Just now, PACKRULE said:

I guess we know why the NFL is full of piss poor GMS. All the good ones are all on the Packers forum. 

What is the possible argument that could be made in favor of this move?

I can't think of a single positive aspect. 

The best thing about this is that the Bers didn't strangle our cap for 5 days and mercifully put us out of our misery. 

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So they offered 1m in guarantees per year more than his tag? He went from 13m guaranteed on a one year deal, to 18 on 4.

Gute pretty much held Pace's hand, too him up to the batters box and set the ball on the tee for him. There's a difference between a crazy deal and just giving your division rival a steal of a contract for a nice young player.

Horrible GM work.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is the possible argument that could be made in favor of this move?

I can't think of a single positive aspect. 

The best thing about this is that the Bers didn't strangle our cap for 5 days and mercifully put us out of our misery. 

CHI did GB a solid by matching so quickly.   CHI could have strung GB along and really limited the ability to add other mid level FA.  

Time to move on to other options at CB.  Time is of the essence in trying to bring in someone at the CB position.

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I don't know if you want the spending on offense/ defense to be equal, but the Packers are pretty lopsided

This doesn't include the Mo/Graham deals but the Packers are 10th in the league in Offensive spending and only 26th on Defense spending for 2018

Seems like there's an interest in balancing those out

https://overthecap.com/positional-spending

Happens when you're talent is older on offense and your talent is nonexistent on defense. 

Archived