Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

42 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

They had Dak there the whole time and struggled with him there this year. It's not 1970 it's 2018 and it's a QB driven league.

I dont understand your statemen, Yes they had Dak all season and when Zeke played they won and played well and when he was out they crashed and burned

35 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

We are a defeated franchise. 

Sounds more like you are a defeated fan.  Like the move or not, you should be happy they are trying to find the all elusive QB.  Now worst case we get the 3rd best in the draft as opposed to perhaps the 5th best or worse if we stayed put.

11 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

I dont understand your statemen, Yes they had Dak all season and when Zeke played they won and played well and when he was out they crashed and burned

you said that they succeeded with anyone with Zeke there and they haven't, QB will always be more important than a RB and you dont trade up that much capital to take a RB. Look at Gurley in his 2nd year he was garbage and so were the rams, Goff turns the corner and boom all is well again.

Here's a question... if we had Rosen on this team, do you think Robinson would've considered us this year? I mean the man is going to play with Trubisky... I'm sure he would've considered us a whole lot more. Sometimes you just need that young QB to attract some talent. Wentz got Jeffrey, Trubisky got AR, Goff got Watkins/Woods. It all starts with the QB and then you go and get him weapons. You do whatever you can to surround him with weapons.

So yeah next year will probably will be a redshirt year for whatever QB we get, but I bet next offseason it will be all about getting him weapons.

22 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

Here's a question... if we had Rosen on this team, do you think Robinson would've considered us this year? I mean the man is going to play with Trubisky... I'm sure he would've considered us a whole lot more. Sometimes you just need that young QB to attract some talent. Wentz got Jeffrey, Trubisky got AR, Goff got Watkins/Woods. It all starts with the QB and then you go and get him weapons. You do whatever you can to surround him with weapons.

So yeah next year will probably will be a redshirt year for whatever QB we get, but I bet next offseason it will be all about getting him weapons.

That 25 Million potentially committed to Teddy/McCown could have been for weapons/protection.

19 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That 25 Million potentially committed to Teddy/McCown could have been for weapons/protection.

At the end of the day, it's still 25 million dollars we'll have next year for weapons/protection. As it stands now both our weapons/protection aren't great, but their hardly a big problem. Long will help the line a ton and if Shell continues to improve, that's a solid line. As far as the weapons go, I think it's obvious we're going to run a little more this year with Crowell/Powell/McGuire. Enunwa is back and if he's healthy will be a big boost to our receiving core. Maybe the Jets are high on Leggett and that's why they were comfortable letting him go. Maybe they got their eyes on Hurst, Thomas, Schultz in the draft...

Point is, going forward, we might actually see the team commit to getting legitimate weapons on offense.

25m?  Only if McCown is a bust by week 3.   I am counting McCown to play at least 10 games and then a rookie qb.  No luxury extra playing time for Bridgewater. That would make 15m at best.

If Rosen beats out Bridgewater in TC then I may expect Jets to trade Bridgewater away.  Either way, Jets ain't paying a full 25m for qbs.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

25m?  Only if McCown is a bust by week 3.   I am counting McCown to play at least 10 games and then a rookie qb.  No luxury extra playing time for Bridgewater. That would make 15m at best.

If Rosen beats out Bridgewater in TC then I may expect Jets to trade Bridgewater away.  Either way, Jets ain't paying a full 25m for qbs.

Teddy is going to beat out McCown in the preseason IMO. If he does I'd trade him asap and go with McCown and the rookie at 1-2.

39 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Aren’t both incentive laden deals ? Don’t incentives count against next years ? Also assume that they’re structured so incentives for one would mean the other didn’t earn them 

1 minute ago, KBS756 said:

Aren’t both incentive laden deals ? Don’t incentives count against next years ? Also assume that they’re structured so incentives for one would mean the other didn’t earn them 

I don’t think McCowns is mostly incentives. Pretty sure he’s getting 10mill to more than likely just be a coach. After this trade up giving him 10mill looks pretty idiotic.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think McCowns is mostly incentives. Pretty sure he’s getting 10mill to more than likely just be a coach. After this trade up giving him 10mill looks pretty idiotic.

Yeah McCowns is 5mill in base and 5mill in a signing bonus

Love the aggression. The price feels high to only move up a few spots, but we didn't give up a future first so I'm happy about that at least. Plus, I tend to believe that everyone way overrates draft picks, especially outside of the first round. Or maybe it's just that we typically suck at second round picks.

The early timing is weird though. They have to be very comfortable with three guys.

Archived