Free agency reset — Wave 2

Klomp

14 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

The fact Forbath signed for the absolute minimum should tell us all just how good he is....

Contract works for me. Keeping signing him for cheap with no commitment until a long term solution is found. Hard to find that in the NFL at kicker.

31 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

No, that isn't official at all. It is possible talk of the team moving him to G next  year is nothing more than a smokescreen designed to throw other teams of the scent of which offensive linemen they may be most interested in drafting.

Or Remmers just might not look good there in offseason work. Remember last year when they moved Clemmings to G? That didn't stick.

The way I see it is who would we rather see start, Hill or Compton? Obviously the draft will change things, I'm just not sure Remmers is athletic enough to stick at Tackle in the new system.

4 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

This guy may just be a camp snapper. Being there gives him a chance to impress the coaches but the reason he is there is so kickers and punters have someone to snap to them in practice while McDermott is recovering.

and if the starting long snapper is injured during the year, then they bring the trained guy in.

44 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

a 2% raise? that's it...?

It’s the typical $15K bump seen in the vet minimum salaries from year to year. He’s literally making the lowest amount, in terms of base salary, someone of his number of years in the league can earn. 

Archived