Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

I know that we was tryna trade Drop Roberts and don't know how true it is but i just heard that we was close to trading Gade Jackson and we couldn't get what we wanted and called it off.Did anybody else hear that or was it some bs

19 minutes ago, Silver&BlackWarrior47 said:

Where could I go to find offensive line statistics for 2007 through 2010 when Tom Cable was running the show for us I would like to get an idea of his performance here rather than weighing his time in Seattle

The line play was good. The Raiders were one of the top running teams in the NFL but had no QB so passing sucked.

Justin Fargas ran for 1000 yards with Cable as the OL coach.. That fact alone is impressive. McFadden had his best year with Cable, Michael Bush looked like a stud under Cable, Lynch had his four best years with Cable.. He definitely knows how to get the ground game moving. Pass protection is a different story since he had a carousel (Russell era) in OAK, then an unorthodox QB in Wilson in SEA.

I never understood why everyone hated the hiring.

5 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

I never understood why everyone hated the hiring.

I think it's mostly because in Seattle, Russel has always been running for his life and their line was never good in pass pro. They have invested players in to the line and they never developed well under Cable's guidance. 

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think it's mostly because in Seattle, Russel has always been running for his life and their line was never good in pass pro. They have invested players in to the line and they never developed well under Cable's guidance. 

Some of that has to do with Russell wanting to run at the beginning of his career.

22 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Guden and his crew had a different board than Reggie and his staff. It was clear Reggie's people were going to be on the way out. 

Gruden is 100% in control of this team. He now has to win consistently. Look at the Pats as a blue print. Because they win consistently, not much gets made out of how they draft and build their team. They get massive turnover every year and keep trucking along. Time will tell if Gruden's vision can lead to success. 

Fact is, we have to trust the process when it comes to Gruden. He will get a pass this season before ratcheting up the criticism. 

Archived