Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

November 1st Raiders against the Niners Thursday night football.

felt like that game deserved a SNF spot. 

It’s rediculous, I was planning on going to that game because half my family are 49er fans and half are Raiders. It was going to be my son’s first game. Thursday makes it difficult to attend. 

20 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

It’s rediculous, I was planning on going to that game because half my family are 49er fans and half are Raiders. It was going to be my son’s first game. Thursday makes it difficult to attend. 

Same. Some cousins and myself planned on going. Not anymore.

28 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

If you're real fans you'd make it work haha!

Completely kidding.

I'm going to the opener vs the Rams, Niner at Levi, Cards in AZ, Pitt and Den in Oak. Gonna be a great year of games

Yeah not a fan of the Thursday night game, but for the team you couldn’t ask for a better game to happen. Short week and you only have to travel like 30 minutes. Sucks for the fans, but good for the team. 

I live in AZ so I’ll be at the Cardinals game and possibly make it to the last home game so I can visit one last time. 

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Yeah not a fan of the Thursday night game, but for the team you couldn’t ask for a better game to happen. Short week and you only have to travel like 30 minutes. Sucks for the fans, but good for the team. 

I live in AZ so I’ll be at the Cardinals game and possibly make it to the last home game so I can visit one last time. 

Thursday games should be nixed. No one in the league likes them or wants them except the Networks. If the owners got another day they'd be fine. They just care about the money from TV deals. Rather add a night game on Friday or Saturday and forget the NCAA then put these guys through a 3 day turnaround. Just makes no sense.

I live in AZ too and will be at that game. Should be a live one just like last year.

Make no mistake, the Raiders will be in Oakland in 2019. Too much to gain for both sides to not come to an agreement. But the tickets prices and availabilty for the last year will be tough so get in where you fit in.

18 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Naw, she worked for Tom Shaw, the strength and conditioning coach, before this so I would assume she came as his referral. But it is nice that we keep pushing forward with giving under represented candidates opportunities.

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Naw, she worked for Tom Shaw, the strength and conditioning coach, before this so I would assume she came as his referral. But it is nice that we keep pushing forward with giving under represented candidates opportunities.

Only the 2nd women in league history to serve in her position. Tom Shaw performance is not the NFL.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Only the 2nd women in league history to serve in her position. Tom Shaw performance is not the NFL.

What is your point...

I acknowledged the club still being a leader on the hiring front. But she is here because Shaw know the job she can do not as a tribute to Al.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Interesting. He also turned down trade offers for the pick that got him Mack. 

This is just evidence of sometime the best trades are the ones you don't make.

Amen. Don't get cute. Just pick the best defensive player on your board and call it a night. We've got loads of picks and enough currency to potentially move up if there is a player we really want at a specific point on day 2. Let it come to us.

http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2016/NFL_NETWORK/show/NFLCOM/OFF/1/180425_nflta_John_Gruden_Michael_Silver_full_interview_1181098_5000k.mp4

Interview of Jon Gruden by Michael Silver. I haven't finished watching, but I love how Gruden responds to Silver's questions about his doubters. Gruden is often portrayed as this tougher than tough persona who'll bite as hard as he'll bark, but him focusing of how many people have supported his return to Oakland instead of hitting back at his doubters (which I fully expect Silver hoped for) is refreshing. I really wish there were more public facing personas who'd count their blessings instead of manufacturing slights at every turn.

Archived