Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Does anyone see Reggie leaving the Raiders soon? Jon no doubt has all the power for football operations. You know he is going to be calling shots in personnel moves due to the backing of Mark Davis. Do you see Reggie leaving, you already see Gruden getting rid of Reggie’s moves, or making his projects look not worth while. You already see a change of ideaology, usually Reggie likes to run the team like the packers ideology. Not super active in free agency, and the Raiders are now the opposite. when the draft rolls around, you know Jon is going want to coach who he wants to coach. Reggie is highly respected, could he leave for more power on another team?

27 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Does anyone see Reggie leaving the Raiders soon? Jon no doubt has all the power for football operations. You know he is going to be calling shots in personnel moves due to the backing of Mark Davis. Do you see Reggie leaving, you already see Gruden getting rid of Reggie’s moves, or making his projects look not worth while. You already see a change of ideaology, usually Reggie likes to run the team like the packers ideology. Not super active in free agency, and the Raiders are now the opposite. when the draft rolls around, you know Jon is going want to coach who he wants to coach. Reggie is highly respected, could he leave for more power on another team?

I said when the news came out that Green Bay requested an interview with Reggie for their GM opening that he was crazy to turn it down. 

Jon Gruden is a control freak, and we've known for years that whenever he came back to coaching he would be running the entire show wherever he ended up.

Jon has his own staff and Reggie has his, I don't know if I've ever heard of that type of front office dynamic before. Rest assured, this will not last. I expect Reggie to be gone before the team goes to Vegas. But he has enough respect in league circles that he'll land another job quickly.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I said when the news came out that Green Bay requested an interview with Reggie for their GM opening that he was crazy to turn it down. 

Jon Gruden is a control freak, and we've known for years that whenever he came back to coaching he would be running the entire show wherever he ended up.

Jon has his own staff and Reggie has his, I don't know if I've ever heard of that type of front office dynamic before. Rest assured, this will not last. I expect Reggie to be gone before the team goes to Vegas. But he has enough respect in league circles that he'll land another job quickly.

That is bs that bitter sources like Muddlekunt wrote that isn't accurate. When Gruden was hired they did hire and fire some from the FO but it's not like they are working in seperate rooms on different projects. Just adding and subtracting from the FO as is done all the time.

Reggie is the GM. He oversees the staff that negotiations the deals, does the scouting and handles player personal matters. Gruden is the Coach who oversees the team direction and schemes and therefore the kind of players he wants to bring in. In other words he makes the list and Reggie does the shopping. Gruden is out front and Reggie is behind the scenes. Pretty simple.

28 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

That is bs that bitter sources like Muddlekunt wrote that isn't accurate. When Gruden was hired they did hire and fire some from the FO but it's not like they are working in seperate rooms on different projects. Just adding and subtracting from the FO as is done all the time.

Reggie is the GM. He oversees the staff that negotiations the deals, does the scouting and handles player personal matters. Gruden is the Coach who oversees the team direction and schemes and therefore the kind of players he wants to bring in. In other words he makes the list and Reggie does the shopping. Gruden is out front and Reggie is behind the scenes. Pretty simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8cToDhQzdU&t=2164s

around the 36 minute mark

"Reggie has a really good group over there working for him. Ive got a good group working for me on my side"

Tell me how do you interpret what he said.

56 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8cToDhQzdU&t=2164s

around the 36 minute mark

"Reggie has a really good group over there working for him. Ive got a good group working for me on my side"

Tell me how do you interpret what he said.

I think he meant there's a personnel side and the coaching side. That's pretty much how every NFL team is run.

49 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think he meant there's a personnel side and the coaching side. That's pretty much how every NFL team is run.

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Honestly, if it was a foregone conclusion that Reggie wanted out, he would be in Green Bay already.

The lengths that some people, including some Raiders fans, go to just to satisfy their fetish for Gruden-bashing is comical. ?

Exactly. Thank You.

It came out in a side bar interview recently that after Mark hired McKenzie, Gruden was their very first target together. Davis wasn't the only one talking to and longing for Gruden these last 4 years. Reggie is also extraordinarily humble. He finally got his man, there is no power struggle, he will do anything to help Gruden as this was always his intent from day 1.

Agree to disagree with all of you. I want them to have the perfect working relationship together, but in this ego driven league I don't see this working out in the long run. I envision Reggie's say so beginning to dwindle day by day, and another opportunity elsewhere will present itself soon.

This is something  I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. 

52 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Agree to disagree with all of you. I want them to have the perfect working relationship together, but in this ego driven league I don't see this working out in the long run. I envision Reggie's say so beginning to dwindle day by day, and another opportunity elsewhere will present itself soon.

It's a good thing Reggie isn't ego driven and Gruden's ego is football passion driven. Makes for a perfect match. They won't bump heads and are moving toward the same goal with the same foundation and philosophy. This points to them being a team together for the long run.

Stuff like the above is why I understand the King move. Jon is old school and a pure put up and shut up guy. He won't take any BS and will demand the best from his players. No more free rides, no more coasting by, no more underperforming and being content. I like it.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Stuff like the above is why I understand the King move. Jon is old school and a pure put up and shut up guy. He won't take any BS and will demand the best from his players. No more free rides, no more coasting by, no more underperforming and being content. I like it.

Does this mean Marshawn Lynch's reality TV show people will not be around anymore? 

Archived