Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Link?

Take it as you want. I personally trust Middlekauff. Been spot on with his info and he's not toeing the company line to be "liked" by the organization. 

Pretty simple to tell who's in charge by this FA overhaul. Not Reggie's MO to be this active as he believes in building through the draft.

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:
Not Reggie's MO to be this active as he believes in building through the draft.

This FA isn't about building, it's about short term fixing the many holes left due to poor drafting the last 3 years. If we drafted well, we wouldn't have to sign all those FAs.

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:
Not Reggie's MO to be this active as he believes in building through the draft.

This FA isn't about building, it's about short term fixing the many holes left due to poor drafting the last 3 years. If we drafted well, we wouldn't have to sign all those FAs.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Take it as you want. I personally trust Middlekauff. Been spot on with his info and he's not toeing the company line to be "liked" by the organization. 

Pretty simple to tell who's in charge by this FA overhaul. Not Reggie's MO to be this active as he believes in building through the draft.

So the link  you put up as proof that Middlekauff is accurate is another Middlekauff tweet...

It may be tha Gruden brought in some guys that have some personnel background but that isn't proof that Gruden is calling all the shots and Reggie is out of the loop. You don't know the FO dynamic and neither does Middlekauf. It's just as likely that the guys Gruden hired are also guys Reggie wanted and they are all working together to build the team.

People trying to pit the men against each other are doing so out of malice and hoping that Reggie is fired. Has nothing to do with what is actually happening in the front office.

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

So the link  you put up as proof that Middlekauff is accurate is another Middlekauff tweet...

It may be tha Gruden brought in some guys that have some personnel background but that isn't proof that Gruden is calling all the shots and Reggie is out of the loop. You don't know the FO dynamic and neither does Middlekauf. It's just as likely that the guys Gruden hired are also guys Reggie wanted and they are all working together to build the team.

People trying to pit the men against each other are doing so out of malice and hoping that Reggie is fired. Has nothing to do with what is actually happening in the front office.

In most cases I would say this is the case but with Gruden's huge personality and ego I could see it being just the opposite also.  I hope they work together and we are better for it but could if I had to bet my money is on Gruden forcing RM out if he does not go along with his ideas.

28 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

In most cases I would say this is the case but with Gruden's huge personality and ego I could see it being just the opposite also.  I hope they work together and we are better for it but could if I had to bet my money is on Gruden forcing RM out if he does not go along with his ideas.

Gruden being out front and in your face may convey that but if I had to bet money I think Gruden and Reggie gel behind closed doors because of the goals and and responsibilities. Reggie is a laid back, behind the scenes guy. It's a good combo to have in a working relationship especially when you are working in the public eye. But it also leaves things unanswered as they are now. We'll all have to wait and see how things play out as none of us know what the future holds.

9 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Gruden being out front and in your face may convey that but if I had to bet money I think Gruden and Reggie gel behind closed doors because of the goals and and responsibilities. Reggie is a laid back, behind the scenes guy. It's a good combo to have in a working relationship especially when you are working in the public eye. But it also leaves things unanswered as they are now. We'll all have to weight and see how things play out as none of us know what the future holds.

I agree. Every coach in the league has certain free agents or draftees that they like and most get input at some level. It's not so hard to believe that in the case of Gruden, he just goes above and beyond just verbalizing who he likes and actually makes a draft board and ranks free agents, and then he and Reggie can compare and talk about each draft pick more effectively come draft day. This seems like more encouraging news to me, and the opposite of telling me there's conflict in the front office.

18 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Came here to mention that. Sort of bummed. I think he could have improved if given a shot. But we opted for Cook instead

Meh not gonna cry about him never lived up to his draft position. I wonder if we look at the te from Penn st Mr G

18 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Came here to mention that. Sort of bummed. I think he could have improved if given a shot. But we opted for Cook instead

Yeah, he was one of those draft picks that never got a healthy offseason to really develop his body and skill set or when he did he would get hurt during the year. He finally got one last year but we were tired of waiting and signed Cook. With Smith and Carrier in as blocking options and Brown looking good as a backup receiver his 2 mil became expendable. I bet they tried to trade him and got no offers. He'll be in someones camp this year.

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh not gonna cry about him never lived up to his draft position. I wonder if we look at the te from Penn st Mr G

Yeah, I like Gesicki, Goedert and Thomas from Indiana early and Smythe, Fumagalli and the monster Jordan Thomas later on. Pretty good year for TEs. With our mutli picks in the later rounds I bet we add one.

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

My thought exactly. Apparently he asked to be released. 

Would have liked to seen him in Gruden's system through camp. He has ability. Just issues staying on the field.

Archived