Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Actually excited to see this team come together. It's clear that last season things got pretty lax. Gruden is going to have these guys grinding day 1. And it's going to be interesting to see what young players make it. He's going to set a tone.

That said, A lot was made out of Gruden not being player friendly in Tampa. He's demanding and players either respect that or they start complaining to one another.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Actually excited to see this team come together. It's clear that last season things got pretty lax. Gruden is going to have these guys grinding day 1. And it's going to be interesting to see what young players make it. He's going to set a tone.

That said, A lot was made out of Gruden not being player friendly in Tampa. He's demanding and players either respect that or they start complaining to one another.

If they winning. People don't complain to much. But even tom Coughlin had to learn when to tone it down some. Gruden will find a nice medium. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He’s pretty much the opposite of Tony Dungy who was more of a kindly grandfather figure. I could see the players there not responding to it. Especially with Dungy being there as long as he was. JDR wasn’t as beloved i feel so i can see Gruden demanding another level from this team. Time might have softened him too. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

If they winning. People don't complain to much. But even tom Coughlin had to learn when to tone it down some. Gruden will find a nice medium. 

Good call. Hopefully he finds that medium. Or finds players who respect his way of winning. Bottom line, he does what's best for the team. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Good call. Hopefully he finds that medium. Or finds players who respect his way of winning. Bottom line, he does what's best for the team. 

I think he'll need to find that medium or fail. I'm not sure you can find a roster of yes men anymore. Luckily he works with college players and has young sons so we'll see. But I can easily picture him burning out players over time. @dante9876 made a good point about winning though

8 hours ago, raidersedge said:

More shad thrown at the last coaching staff. Its looking more and more like Del Rio and his staff were a complete mess.

I’m really hoping the old coaching stuff were clowns and holding everyone down, and a light bulb clicks for players with Gruden. That is ideal, but who knows how realistic 

34 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Lee Smith 3 y 9 m..... yuck ? F move 

at least we can get out after the year.. smith could have easily replace with a day 3 pick... I know walford has underachieved but was he a cancer? I would have gave him one more year... he was cheap after all 

I think Walford was more of an odd man out. With Cook on they already had a receiving TE along with Lee and Carrier to be blockers. Carrying 4 TEs wouldn't have been the best move. Also he asked to be released so I think this was more of a mutual parting of ways.

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think Walford was more of an odd man out. With Cook on they already had a receiving TE along with Lee and Carrier to be blockers. Carrying 4 TEs wouldn't have been the best move. Also he asked to be released so I think this was more of a mutual parting of ways.

He asked to be released because he knew he wasn't making the final roster.

Archived