Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

I wonder where @NightTrainLane is because I remember going back and forth with him about Gruden having his own separate staff in there and the divide it would create. That's a recipe for dysfunction.

We all saw this coming from a mile away. I'm really not too torn up about it because McKenzie has been downright dreadful at drafting. But the way they tried to sell us that they could work together and be all peaches and cream was unnecessary. Once Gruden was hired, Reggie should've made his exit.

6 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

So wifey noticed me carrying my Mack jersey while I was going to work this morning since I was planning on donating it to goodwill. She got all upset bc she bought it for my just three years ago. Any of you ever have a jersey repurposed for another player?

Lol Gruden made you throw away a present from your wife, yikes 

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Thinking about going to the Raiders/Chargers game Nov 11th (Already going to the 49ers/Giants MNF on 11/12).  Any recommendations for where to get tickets to the game? Just do stubhub?  Also, any locations in the stadium I should sit/avoid?

Mount Davis is tarped off which was the place you wouldn’t want to be.  It really just depends on the experience you’re looking for.  I would recommend trying out the black hole before we move to Vegas.  If you prefer a good viewing seat the visitor side is the best because the stands are parallel with the field.  The home side is curved because of the baseball seating. Don’t wear Chargers gear and you’ll have a good time.

Just now, daineraider said:

Mount Davis is tarped off which was the place you wouldn’t want to be.  It really just depends on the experience you’re looking for.  I would recommend trying out the black hole before we move to Vegas.  If you prefer a good viewing seat the visitor side is the best because the stands are parallel with the field.  The home side is curved because of the baseball seating. Don’t wear Chargers gear and you’ll have a good time.

Appreciate the advice.  I'll wear a black T-Shirt, lol.  Will probably be rooting for the Raiders anyway at that point, assuming the Chargers and Bengals are battling for a WC spot...

4 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

FWIW analytics guys and football twitter always crush Derek Carr for thier favorite stat YPA.Its currently 8.46 which is almost top 5. 

They usually just move the goal posts and then cite some other statistic like "air yards per attempt" or "average completed air yards" when you confront them with this. Carr ranks lower in those metrics. But it's worth wondering those stats' overall value. I can imagine there may be some contextual value to those stats, but taken in a vacuum they seem a bit random. In 2016, Carr was in the middle of the pack with respect to average completed air yards (5.9), but so were Rodgers (6.3), Brady (6.3) and Brees (6.2).  The top spot that year went to Matt Barkley (8.4). Barkley had a smaller sample size with 216 attempts, but 216 is not 50. (It's a little less than half the attempts of some of the less-prolific season-long starters.) And Trevor Simian had 486 attempts and rates higher than Rodgers, Brady and Brees with 7.2 average completed air yards. I don't entirely get how meaningful this information actually is.

One thing you could say about Carr even when he was at the bottom of YPA rankings or other "air yards" stats is that it was offset somewhat by his positive interception rate (tied with Rodgers in 2016 at an INT on 1.1% of this attempts). But that's fading...

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2016/all

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-interception-rates/2016/

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We need to fix this in order to not be a bottom 5 team.

I actually noticed that stat sunday. We need our players to execute better when it comes to putting points on the board. And protect the damn ball.

7 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

FWIW analytics guys and football twitter always crush Derek Carr for thier favorite stat YPA.Its currently 8.46 which is almost top 5. 

Levi Damien shredded Carr against Denver for having a YPC under 10 saying he was dinking and dunking but didn't even notice his YPA was over 9.... 

On 9/25/2018 at 2:47 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

I actually noticed that stat sunday. We need our players to execute better when it comes to putting points on the board. And protect the damn ball.

Levi Damien shredded Carr against Denver for having a YPC under 10 saying he was dinking and dunking but didn't even notice his YPA was over 9.... 

Damien is an idiot. He's a pissy crybaby. You don't like that we're 0-3? Tough ****. 
Don't crap on Carr. He's the best thing that's happened to this franchise since the bowl in 03. He carried us in 16, kept us respectable over the last 3 years, and is finally in a system he can hopefully remain in for some time.

He just quotes things that fit his narrative.

Archived