Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 9/25/2018 at 3:47 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

I actually noticed that stat sunday. We need our players to execute better when it comes to putting points on the board. And protect the damn ball.

Levi Damien shredded Carr against Denver for having a YPC under 10 saying he was dinking and dunking but didn't even notice his YPA was over 9.... 

Clearly Damien doesnt understand the Chucky's system. We're not the Steelers or Bucs dropping bombs constantly.

And I'll take under 10 YPC when our QB completes 76.5% of his passes like Carr has this season. He's #2 in the behind only Brees who's an all-time great and the clear cut early MVP imo.

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

He sucks

So, I get that. But is he really so bad that Reggie Nelson is honestly better? Joseph didn't exactly light the world on fire coming into the league, but I never saw him as a straight up liability the way Nelson came across last year. But, obviously I mostly watch the Raiders games against KC, and the occasional other divisional matchup.

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

So, I get that. But is he really so bad that Reggie Nelson is honestly better? Joseph didn't exactly light the world on fire coming into the league, but I never saw him as a straight up liability the way Nelson came across last year. But, obviously I mostly watch the Raiders games against KC, and the occasional other divisional matchup.

Either Gruden or the DC don't want him on the field because they don't think he's good enough, or politics could be at play but I can't prove that. 

Joseph has been solid but he's mostly been a box safety and while he's fine vs the run, he struggles in pass defense mainly against tight ends which is a huge problem.

I was traveling the last 10 days, so haven't gotten to engage much, but was stunned to come back and see the state of #Raidernation. Afraid of the Brown?!?! The Hue Jackson led Browns?!? Everyone is acting like the wheels have fallen off already. Already calling for Gruden's head and I just don't get it. 

Yes the team is off to an 0-3 start. There are no moral victories, but it was clear in all 3 games that this team has it's best coaching staff in over 15 years. They are sound as a team. 6th ranked offense and 13th ranked defense despite being void of talent in some spots. 

They held the Rams in check for 3 quarters. Dominated the Denver game on the road, just didn't finish. And dominated Miami on the road and again couldn't finish. And you can argue without the poor Hurst roughing penalty that led to 7 points, they win that game. 

Gruden's offense is complex, but proving to be modern and effective. You get the sense they are still gelling with it and Carr is still learning patience with it. But you can see an upside to where it can go. Eventually, they will crack the code on finishing drives and putting up points. 

Guenther's defense is refreshing despite a serious lack of talent. Eventually Key who's been getting pressure will turn those to sacks. PJ Hall getting back will also be big for their pressure. He was a big part of what they want to do upfront. 

And maybe I'm wrong, they lose to the Browns and the wheels fall completely off for the season. But I have a sneaking suspicion things are about to turn and they will turn fast and the silence will be defending around here and with all the pundits. 

Anyone A’s fans? Fee like most of you are L.A. area. Gonna be a tough game against the Yankees. Got some tickets to ALDS Game 4 against the Red Sox if we get past New York. Melvin is gonna have to use some very solid pitchinng matchups as the game goes on. May even empty that bullpen. All or nothing to get into the real playoffs. 

Archived