2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

Gordon is a top 5 WR when he's on the field. But we know how that works. Would love to see a Chris Carter like turnaround for him, but the dude doesn't love football by all accounts.

That said, I'd sign him in a heartbeat. He's worth a shot because of his immense talent. But likely is going to fail where ever he ends up.

59 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is a very short sided opinion.  If we offer them a 4th and all other teams offer a 6th for example, you think because we play them in 2 weeks that would detour them from taking that deal?  No way...

They reportedly want to trade him outside the AFC.

I would pissed if we offered them a 4th. But u cant put anything past Gruden given the Mb12 situation...

It would be way too early to open a 2019 FA topic, but I see some names start to get thrown around in different topics, so I checked the potential FA pool for '19. I know a lot can change and some of them won't get to FA market, but here are some guys I would consider signing or re-signing:

RB:

Jay Ayaji: He could be the perfect Lynch replacement, however I doubt we wanna pay top money to a RB...

Tevin Coleman: He could come in and be the #1 guy, money is a question mark here too...

TJ Yeldon: Could be a viable rotational starter/#2 IMO.

CJ Anderson: Could replace Martin easily as a #2

WR: 

Martavius Bryant: He should be back after a good year, if he is not facing susp.

Devin Funchess: He could be a great go to guy IMO.

Randall Cobb: He could be a great piece for us if he leaves.

Golden Tate: Could be a great pick up despite his age IMO.

Phillip Dorsett: Could be a speed option if Bryant leaves.

TE:

Jared Cook: We need him back if he keeps this up

Jesse James: Could be an alternative to Cook

Maxx Williams: Could be an alternative to Cook

DE:

Frank Clark: I doubt the Seahawks would let him go, but they might have a new FO/HC combo and he is a somewhat troubled guy, so might not fit into the new guys plan...

Dante Fowler Jr.: Jax DL is too crowded, so he most probably will hit the market. Good prospect who could worth a shot.

Trey Flowers: Most probably the Pats keep him, but he might be able to force himself out...

Shane Ray: He could be out in Denver and we might wanna take a look

Dee Ford: He could be out in Kansas and we might wanna take a look

Shaquil Barrett: He could be out in Denver and we might wanna take a look

Eli Harold: Could be an interesting guy

Benson Mayowa: He seems to be a reliable rotational guy year in and year out. We could bring him in for the right price.

DT:

Grady Jarrett: I highly doubt they let him walk, but if they do we need to move IMO.

Johnathan Hankins: We will have a great chance to see who he is and how he fits into our plans. He could be a good option at NT for the long run.

LB:

Jordan Hicks: He could be out in Philly with all these D signings lately and he could fit in well IMO.

Kwon Alexander: He could be an interesting option at WLB if he gets to the market.

Avery Williamson: He could try to cash in if he has a good year in NY and we might still need a guy like him.

Preston Brown: He settled for a short deal like Avery for a chance to boost his value. He would also have some background in a similar D.

Vincent Rey: He might join his former DC and give us some veteran presence after DJ is gone.

CB:

Darqueze Dennard: If he gets to the market I can see the logical fit with PG and our cap situation.

Ronald Darby: Could worth a shot if Philly can't retain him...not sure about the scheme fit stuff tho...

Rashaan Melvin: If he plays well and can stay healthy we should bring him back on a mid range deal.

Bradley Roby: If Denver moves on he could worth a shot.

Dontae Johnson: He could be an interestic pick up IMO.

S:

Landon Collins: I doubt he makes it to the market, but if he do, we should move IMO.

Adrian Amos: I doubt he makes it to the market, but if he do, we should move IMO.

HaHa Clinton-Dix: I doubt he makes it to the market, but if he do, we should move IMO.

Adrian Phillips: If the Chargers let him walk, we should check him out IMO.

Tyrann Mathieu: His size could be an issue for our staff (same with Joyner) but he could definately help IMO. Asking price will be interesting.

Marcus Gilchrist: Gruden seems to like him, PG seems to trust him, so if he has a solid year, he should be back as a veteran guy.

George Iloka: I think he wants to go after a ring in Minnesota this year, but could look for a longer deal next offseason IMO. His limited playing time in 2018, could help us get him with PG's "backtrack"

Clayton Geathers: If he can stay healthy and want to have a prove it year...

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nothing to see here guys just some random qbs and rb’s... no de’s or lb’s to help out the pass rush ?

We need pratice squad players. The only two pass rushers avaliable worth a look, imo, are Robert Ayers and Junior Gallette. 

Couldn’t understand why we didn’t have Fadol Brown active on Sunday or why Carradine was inactive against the Rams. We have no depth at DE so made little sense not having these guys active. Makes sense to cut Price at this point to get another DE in. 

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... They are just playing musical chairs now seeing who can apply pressure? 

I guess they're confident Hankins can handle the NT job on his own now. Calhoun gives them another edge to rotate in to hopefully keep guys fresh through the 4th quarter.

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... They are just playing musical chairs now seeing who can apply pressure? 

I think it's safe to say Gruden (let's be real...this was his trade) overestimated our DL after preseason. With Mack, we'd be sitting pretty. Unfortunately that is not the case so Guenther has to get creative. Tough spot to be in considering he probably worked very hard on schemes to get Mack one on ones all off-season. And all that prep got squandered and left him needing to adjust to a completely different situation right before the season. Wonder how he will change things up. Not an enviable position to be in.

Archived