Titans sign OG Xavier Su'a-Filo

TheKillerNacho

This is big, big, BIG!!

First of all, the Titans just seriously ramped up their Super Bowl chances.

Second, a devastating blow to the Texans. And they seemed so close, with DeShaun Watson coming back and all!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all Texan fans at this time, especially to @EliteTexan80:/

"Hell-o-o-o, Big Boy!"

Image result for Xavier Su'a-Filo

11 minutes ago, bzane said:

This Xavier Su'a-Filo is big, big, BIG!!

"Hell-o-o-o, Big Boy!"

Image result for Xavier Su'a-Filo

FIFY.

(I get the above is a joke too lol)

But on a serious note, XSF really was a disappointment in his HOU days.   Going to TEN and a power blocking scheme (assuming they keep that basic skeleton, even if they are changing the O) is his best hope I guess for an impact.  Really, any change has to be good, he was such a disappointment.  For a big guy, he's agile and quick, and he played well in a power scheme - but man, couldn't put it together for game day. 

Buahahaha! First the Brock-lobster, then Susan!

I think he's a decent backup. Might be good in the right system for run blocking, but he's an absolute mess as a pass blocker. If a DL sneezes in Susan's direction, he's beat in pass pro.

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Still can't believe the Texans drafted him over Derek Carr on '14. It lined up perfectly for them to take the next best QB and they overthought it. 

That said, I thought Filo was going to be a good player.

I've said it before, will say it again: Houston would have been the worst case scenario for Derek, given his brothers' failure. 

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I've said it before, will say it again: Houston would have been the worst case scenario for Derek, given his brothers' failure. 

For him personally? Probably, your brother becoming one of the biggest QB busts in history for a particular team is bound to leave a sour taste in one's mouth. As far as the actual situation there, I think Derek could've succeeded with the Texans.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

For him personally? Probably, your brother becoming one of the biggest QB busts in history for a particular team is bound to leave a sour taste in one's mouth. As far as the actual situation there, I think Derek could've succeeded with the Texans.

I don't think the fanbase would let him. Confidence is key, and if everyone is already writing you off as a bust before you took your first snap you're bound to lose confidence. 

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I don't think the fanbase would let him. Confidence is key, and if everyone is already writing you off as a bust before you took your first snap you're bound to lose confidence. 

Depends on the player, the type of person they are. Some thrive in proving people wrong and use people's doubts and negative opinions of them as motivation to succeed; other people need encouragement and can get discouraged and lose confidence in the face of adversity. Derek has come off to me as the latter more than the former... but, who knows.

Derek Carr getting drafted to Houston would have been perfectly fine. What kind of morons actually think there's some kind of juju that exists because his brother was a bust?

Sure there are moron fans that would be saying dumb things, but ultimately, it would have played out much differently. Derek would be a franchise QB for them while David would remain a bust. I have a really hard time believing anything differently.

54 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Don't you think there were Raiders fans that hated the Derek Carr selection? There are always irrational haters. It's not going to ruin you unless you have the mental capacity of a 6 year old (Vince Young).

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

FIFY.

(I get the above is a joke too lol)

But on a serious note, XSF really was a disappointment in his HOU days.   Going to TEN and a power blocking scheme (assuming they keep that basic skeleton, even if they are changing the O) is his best hope I guess for an impact.  Really, any change has to be good, he was such a disappointment.  For a big guy, he's agile and quick, and he played well in a power scheme - but man, couldn't put it together for game day. 

We are switching to a zone blocking scheme per reports

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

They put emotion over logic. 

Archived