5 Possibilities for Pick No. 14 in the 2018 NFL Draft

Bob Fox

I'm starting to warm to the idea of going EDGE rusher in rounds 1 and 2. Need to find one, might as well take two swings at it. If they both work out our pass rush is unblockable. 

Round 1: Assuming the usual suspects are gone my thoughts are Davenport or Landry.

Round 2: Arden Key, Lorenzo Carter and John Sweat would work for me, not necessarily in that order. 

I think we can get to solid CB's in rounds 3-5. 

Other than that I'd love a TE, WR and a few offensive linemen for developmental purposes. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Right now, I've got the 4 guys I'm projecting most likely to be the Packers pick are Harold Landry, Denzel Ward, Marcus Davenport, and Derwin James.

I'd be good with these options. James is the one player that I would consider in place of an Edge or CB.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:00 PM, Golfman said:

I'm starting to warm to the idea of going EDGE rusher in rounds 1 and 2. Need to find one, might as well take two swings at it. If they both work out our pass rush is unblockable. 

Round 1: Assuming the usual suspects are gone my thoughts are Davenport or Landry.

Round 2: Arden Key, Lorenzo Carter and John Sweat would work for me, not necessarily in that order. 

Other than that I'd love a TE, WR and a few offensive linemen for developmental purposes. 

Although I believe CB's can be had in rounds 3-5, I would like to see one added in round #2...Edge and CB are our two greatest needs, but there are plenty of needs without doubling up on Edge guys in the first two rounds. I do really like Carter though.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Right now, I've got the 4 guys I'm projecting most likely to be the Packers pick are Harold Landry, Denzel Ward, Marcus Davenport, and Derwin James.

That’s what I’ve been thinking. Any dark horse? 

7 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

That’s what I’ve been thinking. Any dark horse? 

Isaiah Oliver?  I really don't believe we're going to have anything coming out of left field.  I think the only way we end up somewhere else if we move down.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I've narrowed it down to Mike Hughes, Derwin James, Leighton Vander Esch and Harold Landry.

Don't think Tremaine Edmunds or Denzel Ward will be there but obviously there will be of great interest if they are.

Don't think we'll be high on Davenport, I like him a lot but I think our staff puts a higher value on explosion and agility than size and strength. 

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Isaiah Oliver?  I really don't believe we're going to have anything coming out of left field.  I think the only way we end up somewhere else if we move down.

I’m with you there. I really think they’re gonna fall in love with Landry. I’m gonna say my dark horse is Ridley

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I've narrowed it down to Mike Hughes, Derwin James, Leighton Vander Esch and Harold Landry.

Don't think Tremaine Edmunds or Denzel Ward will be there but obviously there will be of great interest if they are.

Don't think we'll be high on Davenport, I like him a lot but I think our staff puts a higher value on explosion and agility than size and strength. 

I actually was going to post Mike Hughes as the "dark horse", but I read somewhere that there are some character concerns with him.  And he's a bit on the shorter side.  He barely crosses the TT threshold for corners in terms of size, and I believe Pettine has always preferred his corners on the bigger side. 

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I actually was going to post Mike Hughes as the "dark horse", but I read somewhere that there are some character concerns with him.  And he's a bit on the shorter side.  He barely crosses the TT threshold for corners in terms of size, and I believe Pettine has always preferred his corners on the bigger side. 

Those were from freshman year, not sure a team will really hold them against him, think he got in a fight at a party or something like that and got a minor charge that was dropped after community service. He did 20 reps at the Combine and had as long of arms as Josh Jackson. I'm really not worried about him. I think our staff is going to be really high on him despite the height.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:00 PM, Golfman said:

We don't need more than 1 early round EDGE when you already have Clay and Perry, I'd rather take a corner whom has a chance to start than a EDGE who will probably not have as many snaps in the 2nd round. 

I am really not against taking two edge guys off the bat, while CB is a chronic need I see players in the free agent pool and later in the draft that can help us out. Bar the first couple of rounds. the depth in rushers ain't great nor are there any semi decent free agent 'hole fillers' either. Plus Clay will get moved around a bit and not sure if he'll be in Green Bay after this year and that both him and Perry can't be counted on to be fit for a full season.

Archived