5 Possibilities for Pick No. 14 in the 2018 NFL Draft

Bob Fox

42 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

The only way I see Chubb getting to # 10 is if he posts a pic of FACEBOOK the day of the draft smoking marijuana in a snorkeling outfit. 

If he got to 14 because of that......would you draft him?

Me? In a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, cooters22 said:

Would you take him over Ward and Fitzpatrick?

Something tells me neither will be there, but I think I like him over Ward, especially since I like a lot of the CBs that could be there with our 2nd round pick. Fitz is intrguing to me and would be a harder decision if I had to make it. Leaning Derwin right now just based on the nasty I think he would bring over Fitz.

17 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's an argument to be made that if you consider Jalen Ramsey a CB, that Derwin James was the best college Safety in America his true freshman season. I think you give the nod to Jamal Adams, but let's not act like Derwin James wasn't a damn stud from day 1 as well. 

Not arguing that with you at all. Just think Minkah's a bit better, that's all.

Few thoughts; 

I like James much more than Fitz. Watch the tape and it is clear James is the better athlete. Fitz is not going to be a full time nfl corner but could be that dynamic nickel safety.

Am I the only one who does like Chubb? He does have twitch athletic ability. He is more Vonnie Holiday/C Long.

I do like Josh Jackson and Leighton Vander Esch. 

I’m very up and down on Davenport. I definitely love the athletic ability and upside. I fear he will need more time to make a real impact though. If you’re picking 14, it would be nice to get a starter and not a guy who may sit a bit.

28 minutes ago, Hands said:

It's funny that now three different scouts/draft guys have said that Fitzpatrick will drop to the Packers. I just don't see it, but also didn't see Aaron Rodgers dropping to the packers either.

It really shouldn’t be a shock. Fitzpatrick isn’t the athlete to be a full time corner, or at least a lockdown guy. He is more of a safety.

In addition draft boards and websites online are all pretty much rehashed information. Many people making them are fans and not scouts. The public consensus is usually right about 35% of the time on draft day. There are egos, coaches pushing for needs to be selected, medical reports, character questions, potential unknown cuts, etc that effect the draft.

If Nelson is there at #14, I think we should run up the card. We have a hole at right guard and he would be BPA. If we can get the next Zack Martin, I wouldn’t be mad at all. He’s got a high floor as well and might be the safest pick in the first round, so worst case scenario he’s just an average starter, which is still an upgrade. 

Minkah sucks...he is not deserving of a top 20 pick much less top 15. he is vastly overrated and would be a player teams will regret drafting.....

I am trying to send subliminal messages to the teams picking 1-13. I would be very happy with Minkah at #14

On 3/30/2018 at 7:32 PM, pacman5252 said:

In addition draft boards and websites online are all pretty much rehashed information. Many people making them are fans and not scouts. The public consensus is usually right about 35% of the time on draft day. There are egos, coaches pushing for needs to be selected, medical reports, character questions, potential unknown cuts, etc that effect the draft.

Funnily enough there use to be a game called playthedraft where millions of average users bid on where they thought players would be selected and you got points for being the closest. The public consensus beat every single expert every time.

Archived